This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: O' Christmas Tree...

Having a real tree is a great thing, but believe it or not it gets dry up here and that is why we no longer go to the tree lots or farms anymore. We have had trees really get dry to the point that we could have had a fire. And to many ornaments! I miss the smell of the fresh tree, and installing it, takng care of it, (Water, sugar,etc.) I think both are a great choice.
    I would rather have real as an alternative for sure, but not practical in my case.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

I was starting to feel out of the loop
      We get real trees. The boys and I LOVE to go and pick out our tree every year. We always cut an inch of the bottom of the tree and replenish the water daily, sometimes twice a day, and we've never had a drying out problem(knock on wood!!)
      We also don't have a theme(see out of the loop ) It's covered with ornaments that the boys have picked out, TONS of Disney ornaments that we get annually, and the ornaments that I've gotten the boys annually(they get one every year) ornaments that were mine when I was little and some plain ones and just fun ones. We always use mini colored lights, as many as possible :razz: and beads and tinsel, we always have that gaudy silver tinsel. I just love it!!

The boys have a small Disney tree(like the pink princess ones)that has "toon town" around the base and cute mini disney ornaments. They love it.

I would love to have a theme tree but I'll wait until the boys are older or I have a house where I can have more than one large tree.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

:yea: I am so glad to see so many people here that :love: their trees :clap:

We haven't put our tree up yet but will be doing it on Wednesday after the kids half day of school. We usually put it up on Thanksgiving morning but since we're going out this year I think we'll do it a day early

I cannot wait.... Our big tree is all snowflakes, blue/white lights and silver then the kids tree is colored lights and a zillion ornaments ~ some from when I was a kid. This year we got a deal on a 3ft tree so we're going to let each of the kids decorate their own trees. Guess DD will be asking for pink and purple lights :lol:

Happy Tree decorating everyone :clap:
        ~~~:ap:~~~

Comment

Originally posted by hakuna makarla
          thats cute, I really wish I had a tinsel tree, I have wanted one for 20 years but they are expensive. the kind of tree that has the wheel, I had one as a kid, I thought it was the most beautiful thing I ever saw!
          My brother in law has his childhood silver tree, complete with color wheel, vintage! I'm so jealous. His mom even shipped it out here from Ohio for him.

My sister HATES it! So now they have a deal to alternate- one year real and green, one year silver.

I myself bought a really cute Martha Stewart tree last year. It's about 4 feet tall and has red berries and some flocking on it to look wintery. And it came in it's own base that looks like a planter box. I'd love a real tree, and we've done it in the past, but it's so messy and our living room is so small that we've downsized. I hang a real pine garland and/or wreath for the smell instead.
          A signature should go here.

Comment

Here's a question:

Do you use the same ornaments every year, or do you change it up?
            A signature should go here.

Comment

I'm a sadly, pathetic christmas tree lover.

Our main family tree is always real and we always cut it ourself at the cabin my hubby's family owns. The theme is rustic americana in country colors and has all our family ornaments.

We have a fake tree in the basement that is disney themed.

All my remaining trees are fake, smaller themed trees:
              Kitchen - Santa Clauses and Gingerbread
              Bedroom - Blue and White with Snowmen
              Entry - Ceramic tree

That's all I can think of at the moment. My house is that house that looks like Christmas threw up in)

Comment

Originally posted by DMof2
                :yea: I am so glad to see so many people here that :love: their trees :clap:

We haven't put our tree up yet but will be doing it on Wednesday after the kids half day of school. We usually put it up on Thanksgiving morning but since we're going out this year I think we'll do it a day early

I cannot wait.... Our big tree is all snowflakes, blue/white lights and silver then the kids tree is colored lights and a zillion ornaments ~ some from when I was a kid. This year we got a deal on a 3ft tree so we're going to let each of the kids decorate their own trees. Guess DD will be asking for pink and purple lights :lol:

Happy Tree decorating everyone :clap:
                Shawn asked for his one "weal twee" this morning. I reminded him that he had the little disney one and he said he wants a "weal one" :lol:so it looks like we might get another little one!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by DMof2
                  I don't want to wait til Black Friday!!!

Waaaaaaa!!!! :lol:

They are opening a Christmas Tree Shop store by me soon- Very popular store in the New England states. Finally one is coming to NJ :yea: but no one knows WHEN they are opening. Looks like it'll be soon but not soon enough for me
                  I am feeling a little envious of these "Black Friday" deals you are all speaking of.

Comment

color wheel
                    Oh My God!!! I have not seen one of those in ages!!! My mom had one and my sister and me would always play with the color wheel throughout the year!!! Oh boy... going to check Ebay now :lmao:

Do you use the same ornaments every year, or do you change it up?
                    I use the same every year- I usually change the "theme/color" every 5 years so I have a couple more years of my snowflakes... I usually give my stuff to friends and family before moving onto the next theme...

Shawn asked for his one "weal twee" this morning. I reminded him that he had the little disney one and he said he wants a "weal one" :lol:so it looks like we might get another little one!
                    :yea: Shawn :yea: A kid after my own heart I hope he enjoys his "weal twee"... so cute!!!!

I am feeling a little envious of these "Black Friday" deals you are all speaking of.
                    Ooooh sorry Paula! I wish I could fly you here and we could go shopping together on Friday
                    ~~~:ap:~~~

Comment

Originally posted by SusieP.
                      My brother in law has his childhood silver tree, complete with color wheel, vintage! I'm so jealous. His mom even shipped it out here from Ohio for him.

My sister HATES it! So now they have a deal to alternate- one year real and green, one year silver.
                      Oh, my grey eyes are so GREEN right now. My grandmother had one when I was growing up and I hated it. Now, of course, I've discovered how retro cool they are and would kill to have one!

We've had both. We had real until my parents divorced, then we got an artificial that Mom and I could put up after my Dad forgot to take me to get a tree one year. Bear and I get a real one but there have been a couple of years he worked so much over time we didn't have time. I put up one of those spiral lighted yard trees and hung AOL Cd's with the shiny sides out. I know it sounds pretty tacky but I actually liked it, I called it my Vegas Tree.
                      A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
                      In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil. :evil:

Comment

Working...
                      X