This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O' Christmas Tree...

Hey there Chatters... I know some of you out there in Mice Chat World share the same :love: I have for decorating for the joyous holiday of Christmas.

I have to purchase a new Christmas Tree this year and thought maybe some of you had some good advice on artificial trees. I don't get a real tree since we like to keep it up for a long time and I have a fear of it going on fire.

I was thinking of getting a pre-lit tree but I've heard that some trees have the "If one light goes out they all go out" rule, etc.... I also don't want to spend $300 for a tree. I've seen some nice ones in Target and yeah even Kmart.

Any suggestions....
    ~~~:ap:~~~

Re: O' Christmas Tree...

I bought a pre-lit tree last year from Fortunoffs and It was great. I did not have an issue with one light out, theya re all out, - on elight out, changed that light. It also folds closed after I am done. I bough it at a great price on Black Friday, so I do suggest if you can gpo shopping for a tree that day, you can probably geta great deal.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by Mouse princess
      I bought a pre-lit tree last year from Fortunoffs and It was great. I did not have an issue with one light out, theya re all out, - on elight out, changed that light. It also folds closed after I am done. I bough it at a great price on Black Friday, so I do suggest if you can gpo shopping for a tree that day, you can probably geta great deal.
      Ooooo that sounds nice :clap: I haven't had a folding type of tree in many years. The last tree we had was from WalMart and you had to match the color branchs to the right section of the pole.

My question is on the pre-lit that do not fold... Don't they have wires that get tangled somehow?

I don't mind the stringing the lights part of the tree but sometimes easier is better

Comment

:ap: I haven't tried the pre-lit tree yet though DH is leaning toward getting one. I use about 1200 lights on our tree and don't think I'd get the same effect with a pre-lit one. I admit Mouse princess's post made them sound more appealing than I'd ever have thought.
        As I get older the closer DH is getting to having at least one pre-lit tree. Even if it only goes up for one year.
        Another thing I like to do is wait till the day after Christmas and hit the stores for the 50% off sales you can get a really nice tree that way. :ap:
        ~ MickeysGirl šoš
        ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! šoš

Comment

Oh yea, I am kicking myself for not buying a tree I saw last January at Sam's Club! :bang:

I must get to Black Friday sales and get a tree!!! I've bought all the lights for it. I like all white lights and the past two years I've added some blue lights to go with the snowflake theme.

This year Target had a set of lights that were half frosted white and the other half is blue. I grabbed about 5 boxes of them

Now all I need is the tree :lol:

Comment

Pre-lit tree - only way to go. I am not even stressing about it. Just unfold and plug in, add ornaments.

Comment

you would love mine, its fiber optic and is awsome! No lights are necesaryand it changes color continously. yep fiberoptic all the way

Comment

Mine is fiber optic, but I still add more lights to it.

Comment

:lmao: Fiber optic!!!

My MIL has a fiber optic angel for the top of her tree and my SIL and I rag so much on her about it! I'm not big on the fiber optic stuff....

I have a snowman that is FO and a villiage house (avon) that has FO in it.

:lol: Do you know that FO in spanish means "stink" :lmao!!!!

I do like the littel xmas trees that are FO though... My mom has one that is about 3 feet in a cute golden base. I will try to swipe that one from her when she goes on her throwing out sprees! :lol:

Ok... let me state, I do like FO when it's all white

*Please, no hate mail :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by DMof2

My MIL has a fiber optic angel for the top of her tree and my SIL and I rag so much on her about it! I'm not big on the fiber optic stuff....

I do like the littel xmas trees that are FO though... My mom has one that is about 3 feet in a cute golden base. I will try to swipe that one from her when she goes on her throwing out sprees! :lol:

I saw a beautiful one the other day at Sears that spins very slowly. I think that may be a little distracting but neat because you can see all your favorite ornaments!

Comment

oh you are so in trouble !!!
                      I love my tree, its so beautiful and big and well I am not going to convince you as you are in trouble!!! ( ok mods, we need a spanking smillie here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Disney4Me
                        I saw a beautiful one the other day at Sears that spins very slowly. I think that may be a little distracting but neat because you can see all your favorite ornaments!
                        I got one off ebay a few months ago that spin slowly, I am givingit to mom for her counter top instead of a big tree this year, its very pretty !

Comment

:lmao::lmao: :lmao:

inch: inch:

Karla you are too much!!!! I saw the one you won on Ebay- it was vey nice- please no spanking or we'll have to report you :lmao:

I love the trees that spin! I should really get one since I have a lot of ornaments!

Comment

:lmao::lmao:

inch: inch:

Karla you are too much!!!! I saw the one you won on Ebay- it was vey nice- please no spanking or we'll have to report you :lmao:

I love the trees that spin! I should really get one since I have a lot of ornaments!
                            I am gong to ask the mod for a spanking smillie, this calls for one!!:lmao:
                            you kill me girl!! I hope you find the perfect tree sweetie, and one that is not to expensive!! I know they have them on black fridays. you go girl!!!

Comment

I put up a little fiber optic tree at work, and one at home. Rose has a Princess tree with castle lights and all. Then I have my regular tree which will have, as usual, Disney ornaments all over.

I have nothing on Disneyphile though- have you heard about this woman and her monorail?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X