X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oprah - bra's & jeans

Did anyone watch yesterdays Oprah?
    It was on bad bra's and jeans. It sure does make you think about shopping. The only problem was that all of the DD who where wearing the wrong cup size went up to F, G & H's. I don't know if I wont the right fit if they go much bigger. I should look into it since the girls do pop out at times, but doesn't that just mean they are happy to see people. :lol:

Then the jean part was great it was with Stacy from "What not Wear". I am glad that the rise in jeans are going up (that's what she said)

Anyone up for shopping??
    aka Sara

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating :sleep:

Re: Oprah - bra's & jeans

I so missed it I wanted to see it. My body is the hardest to find things for that will make me feel comfortable. I'm short and round with bigger boobs than most women that live in this area. It is SO hard to find a good fitting bra to hold them in let alone a good bra that won't let them bounce without pinching the hell out of your ribcage that you have a hard time breathing.
    I probably need to go get 'professional' help to decide which is best for me.

When I do find a bra that fits me nicely I normally have to pay a bigger price. What is the hardest of all bras to find is a good sports bra. My old one is about 5 years old and well, I wanted to try to get in shape (other than round). Its weird..the people that need the most hold and would need help while working out are the ones that have the hardest time finding a good sports bra. Though I have to say, my friend loves to go driving and finding all the potholes he can to watch the Girls bounce around. :blush: :whistling

Jeans are a different story. Because I'm a bigger gal and short, I normally end up having to cuff my pants. I think in all my years on this earth I only found 2 jeans that fit me perfectly (without having to cuff them up).
    :love: Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.:love:
    --------------------------------------------------------
    :ghug:Part of the Disney Ohana:ghug:

Comment

Ugh, bras and jeans are super hard for me to find. I've finally found some great ones though.

I LOVE Lane Bryant for bras. They have ones big enough for my knockers, and they don't look like grandma bras. Their sizes range from 36C to sizes I can't even think about!!! I've had a great experience there with one of their sales people helping me find the right size. I had been wearing a 38DDD for years, but the sales person showed me I needed a 40DDD and wow did it make a difference in the comfort level!!!!

Jeans are hard for me. I'm short and pudgy, but I've got long legs (for someone 5'2" that is). I love Target's Lee jeans. They fit me just right, not too long, waist not too high, and they're stretch so very comfy.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
      Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
      Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by dizzydisneydee
        Jeans are a different story. Because I'm a bigger gal and short, I normally end up having to cuff my pants. I think in all my years on this earth I only found 2 jeans that fit me perfectly (without having to cuff them up).
        Ditto for me too, dizzy! Garsh it drives me nuts. I think they expect that if you're a bit *fluffier*, then you must be 7feet tall! Sheesh! Why can't they make short and round a size? :blush:

I hate shopping. Period.
        Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
        Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
        Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
        Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
        Marge: Pink.
        Homer: D'oh!
        Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

Originally posted by Cuzco-topia
          Ditto for me too, dizzy! Garsh it drives me nuts. I think they expect that if you're a bit *fluffier*, then you must be 7feet tall! Sheesh! Why can't they make short and round a size? :blush:
          Yeah, what's up with that!!! And have you girls noticed how they make so many "plus-sized" clothes with REALLY deep necklines? I'd get arrested if I went out in some of those shirts!

Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by a_hyperbole
            I LOVE Lane Bryant for bras. They have ones big enough for my knockers, and they don't look like grandma bras...

...I love Target's Lee jeans. They fit me just right, not too long, waist not too high, and they're stretch so very comfy.
            Is Lane Bryant an actual store? I know they have catalogs but I so wish I could go in to a store to get assistance. Someone who actually knows what they are talking about instead of a salesperson who is just put there.

I know we don't have a Targét here.

Darnit! When are they going to put something for bigger women here besides just Mu'umu'u-I swear that word is Hawaiian for tent. I guess that's what I get for living in a mostly Asian community where it seems the girls are 5'2" and weigh about 100 lbs wet.

I sense an alliance/club coming up - The Full Figured Princesses
            :love: Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.:love:
            :ghug:Part of the Disney Ohana:ghug:

Comment

That sounds like a great idea for an alliance! It is really hard to find bras that fit. I have had themost success at Lane Bryant, but even then, I have a hard time finding the right bra. What is it with bras for large chested women that have spaghetti straps? Hello???
              Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
              I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Is Lane Bryant an actual store? I know they have catalogs but I so wish I could go in to a store to get assistance. Someone who actually knows what they are talking about instead of a salesperson who is just put there.
                It is an actual store, though the prices are a tad high...or at least for me they are. But since finding clothes is so hard, it may be worth paying a bit more.

Go for it!
                Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
                Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
                Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
                Marge: Pink.
                Homer: D'oh!
                Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

Originally posted by a_hyperbole
                  Ugh, bras and jeans are super hard for me to find. I've finally found some great ones though.

I LOVE Lane Bryant for bras. They have ones big enough for my knockers, and they don't look like grandma bras. Their sizes range from 36C to sizes I can't even think about!!! I've had a great experience there with one of their sales people helping me find the right size. I had been wearing a 38DDD for years, but the sales person showed me I needed a 40DDD and wow did it make a difference in the comfort level!!!!

Jeans are hard for me. I'm short and pudgy, but I've got long legs (for someone 5'2" that is). I love Target's Lee jeans. They fit me just right, not too long, waist not too high, and they're stretch so very comfy.
                  oye I am laughing so hard right now!! you kill me hyper!!
                  I also shop in lane brant catalogs, they got em I wear em and they are nice and close to me where they belong!
                  I like the front hook ones, I am getting arthritic and well its just easier to get em off and out now!

Comment

Originally posted by mamabot
                    That sounds like a great idea for an alliance! It is really hard to find bras that fit. I have had themost success at Lane Bryant, but even then, I have a hard time finding the right bra. What is it with bras for large chested women that have spaghetti straps? Hello???
                    Amen!!!!!!!!! come on, like I need to wear a pretty lacy spagetti strapped bra for 40.00 so I can feel pretty? hell no, whats pretty about some broad my age with boobs going to the north forty when my feet are going south? wow me thinks some one needs to gather us full figured gals and have us show them how to acually make a good bra!! And what the heck is with the prices? come on it takes about 5.00 to make a good br, whats with the prices these days? small breasted woen get away with 7.00 bra;s I have never paid this price since I was a kid and wore a small size!!

Comment

oye I would kill to wae a mo moo here!! if I did here they would arest me for wearing a night gown!! mooo moooo's yes, I will have me some or not

Comment

I love that idea!!!

Comment

Oh, Dee, I just did a search and Lane Bryant is only on the mainland. Sorry girlie!

Comment

Dizzy,

Have you tried Hilo Hattie's? Before I found Lane Bryant I was able to find some cool dresses and shirts there that fit the, umm.. slightly larger girls.

Comment

hey do not forget trying th hide the bellys! I am so tired of trying to find shirts that cover the old belly! gee, maybe I should venture out in hip huggers and tub top like some heavy girls I have seen................... ummm no way!! gross!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X