This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My back is KILLING me!!!

I don't know what I did in my sleep, but I woke up this morning with the worst back pain I've ever had. Right in the small of my back. I can barely move without grimacing in pain (and I have a pretty high pain tolerance). inch:

I ran super hot water on it in the shower, but that didn't help. I could barely walk to my office this morning! Seeing as how I don't have a heating pad or anything around, can someone give me some advice to get through the day????? What do I do?

On top of it, I'm paranoid that its something bad. My mom has had 6 back surgeries, and I've always figured it was just a matter of time before my back started causing problems. At what point should I start worrying about the pain and go see the doctor????

Thanks ladies!!!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Re: My back is KILLING me!!!

Just make an appointment to see a doctor- there is no reason to live in pain if you don't have to. There are many treatments for back pain. The only thing I can suggest for now is take some ibuprofin to reduce the inflammation (taking 4 over the counter is the equivalent to a perscripted dose). A heating pad would help- can you take a break and go get one?

I would at least try and find a chirpractor, an adjustment would help and most can do an x-ray in the office to make sure there is no damage done. Then when you go home tonight, lay down flat on the floor and see if that helps the pain, and use a heating pad for sure. Good luck!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqueen
      Just make an appointment to see a doctor- there is no reason to live in pain if you don't have to. There are many treatments for back pain. The only thing I can suggest for now is take some ibuprofin to reduce the inflammation (taking 4 over the counter is the equivalent to a perscripted dose). A heating pad would help- can you take a break and go get one?

I would at least try and find a chirpractor, an adjustment would help and most can do an x-ray in the office to make sure there is no damage done. Then when you go home tonight, lay down flat on the floor and see if that helps the pain, and use a heating pad for sure. Good luck!
      Good suggestions! I'm going to go hit up one of the other girls in the building for some drugs. Unfortunately, there isn't any shopping close to where I work, so I can't get a heating pad. I think that would help.

I hate going to the doctor. But if I don't feel better later today, I may be going. This sucks!

Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I am sorry hon you are hurting so bad!! have you tried using one of those pads that self heat so you can use it at work? also take the ibuprophen, it works. Hope you are much better real quick!

Comment

Sorry to hear about your back. I popped in here to offer a couple suggestions as I am having similar pains due to a car accident a couple months ago. Everyone has already said what I was going to say - except I will add that when you go to the Dr. ask about Physical Therapy - its helping me a lot. If the pain is in the small of your back - it could be the sacrum is out of whack. A physical therapist can put it back in place - its magic.
          Good luck and I will say a prayer.
          Sue B

Math Geek of Randomness

Comment

Well, I got a 600mg prescription Ibuprofen from a co-worker. Took it about 15 minutes ago. I'm hoping it takes the edge off.

I'm debating calling the doctor. This is pretty bad pain, and thats coming from someone who gave birth without drugs!!!

Comment

Sounds to me like you threw your back in your sleep. Happens to me often (ok, twice). What you need to do is go to the doctor, they'll prescribe you an anti-inflammatory and a muscle relaxant. You'll have to be off your feet for a few days (at home).

What's going on is the muscles in the small of your back are spasming, which is causing the intense pain while walking. You need to calm those down with the medication.

Comment

Originally posted by migo
                Sounds to me like you threw your back in your sleep. Happens to me often (ok, twice). What you need to do is go to the doctor, they'll prescribe you an anti-inflammatory and a muscle relaxant. You'll have to be off your feet for a few days (at home).

What's going on is the muscles in the small of your back are spasming, which is causing the intense pain while walking. You need to calm those down with the medication.
                Ugh, that's what I'm afraid of. And its not just hurting when walking. I'm sitting in my nice ergonomic desk chair and I'm gritting my teeth.

I'm dragging my feet about the doctor because I hate taking meds. I have to be REALLY hurting to take some ibuprofen. Ugh. Okay, okay. I'll call. Blast.

Comment

Originally posted by a_hyperbole
                  Ugh, that's what I'm afraid of. And its not just hurting when walking. I'm sitting in my nice ergonomic desk chair and I'm gritting my teeth.

I'm dragging my feet about the doctor because I hate taking meds. I have to be REALLY hurting to take some ibuprofen. Ugh. Okay, okay. I'll call. Blast.

I know, walking, sitting, doesn't matter. It hurts, plain and simple. I found that if you walk like you're taking a dump or have a load in your diaper works.

And when sitting, you need to be leaning back.

The reason you need to take some time off of work is A) the sitting at work doesn't help and B) the meds will more than likely make you drowsy, and you shouldn't be operating a car.

The anti-inflammatory is nothing, you'll be fine, and I suggest taking the muscle relaxant at night before you go to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by migo
                    I found that if you walk like you're taking a dump or have a load in your diaper works.

lET ME KNOW HYPER IF I NEED TO SEND YOU A BIG OLD DIAPER, THAT WAY YOU CAN ACUALLY FILL THAT BIG OLD DIAPER AND WALK AROUD HEE HEE HEE , OK I COULD NOT RESIST, YOU CAN GET BACK AT ME LATER WHEN YOU ARE FEELING BETTER LOL!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hakuna makarla
                      lET ME KNOW HYPER IF I NEED TO SEND YOU A BIG OLD DIAPER, THAT WAY YOU CAN ACUALLY FILL THAT BIG OLD DIAPER AND WALK AROUD HEE HEE HEE , OK I COULD NOT RESIST, YOU CAN GET BACK AT ME LATER WHEN YOU ARE FEELING BETTER LOL!!!!!
                      I may need that diaper before the day is out. We won't talk about how much it hurts to wipe after using the restroom!!!

Oh, and I have a dr. appointment tomorrow afternoon. Ugh.

Comment

Maybe you might need a nice good long massage Hyperbole

Comment

Poor baby.
                          As somebody who suffers from frequent back problems, I feel your pain. I had to nurse DH through the same thing last weekend because on Fri he threw his back out unloading DVD players at work. OUch.

Ibuprofen is good,Aleve is better. Trust me on this. And prescription painkillers are the best of all! )

You can go to a chiro if you want,although personally I wouldn't recommend them. They're not even real doctors. And I don't believe spinal adjustments really work. But..that's JMO. YMMV.

Hope you feel better soon.

TOV

Hit 'em where it hurts..right in the sales aisle.Help support the 'girl-cotting' of A&F. Pass the word..tell your mom,your sister,your wife and girlfriends.Show your support for women everywhere by supporting the girl-cotting of Abercrombie.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler
                            Maybe you might need a nice good long massage Hyperbole
                            Hmmm, good idea!

Comment

I would just go home and take a load off, hyperbole.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X