This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sephora...I'm confused

I was at Target today and they have a Sephora right next to it so I though to myself...well lets see what all the hubbub is about...what are they all talking about?
    (disclaimer, this is not meant to offend...I'm just really confused)

As I have stated before I'm really not a makeup girl (but I do LOVE accesories)

Well I walked in and was enthralled with all the different types of makeup!
    What do you do with all of that? :confused: But I figured, I'm a girl I can figure this out we are probalby born with a makeup gene. So I'm wandering around trying colors on my arm thinking I'll get a lipstick or something (I do like lipstick, that's about all I wear)

and I just kept wandering around trying to figure it all out...Is it just me or do names like Urban Decay seem strange for makeup (I keep thinking 'polution on my face?' smog on my lips?)

so then I see some I recognize, Lancom and Channel but I don't like makeup enough to buy a $54 eyeshadow pallet...

well by now my phone is ringing so I hurried outside to take my call and notice that I am covered in multi colored shimmers, glitter, and sparkles...and there are about 12 different fregrances on my arm....How did that happen????'

------------------------------------------------
    Ok the Rant is over..now my questions (really I want to know)

I just can't figure out Sephore or makeup for that matter

Could someone explain the draw to me? and just what do you do with shimmer? when do you wear it? where do you wear it? I even saw glitter lipsticks? wouldn't that be uncomfortable?

there was one thing I thought was kind of cute though...it's called a lunchbox ($24) and it has all these little pallets of lipgloss, eyeshadow, a tiny mascara and a couple other things but I couldnt figure out (please don't laugh to hard) :o if it was meant for women or girls...It's cute and would fit nicely in a purse but I didn't want to by it and use it around people if it's meant for teens.....
    I am so confused...
    Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 03-05-2005, 05:32 PM.
    procrastibating

well I like lip liner and lipstick its kinda like coloring helps you keep in the lines..

hahahahahaha

But wait... you can make your lips more full with lip liner....
    I love body glitter....looks really nice over a tanned body.

glitter lipstick is mostly for teens but it does have its moments...
    I have been known to wear some glitter on my lips...
    Its a girl thing put some on how it feels right using that girl gene thing...

if you did it wrong.... someone will tell you.... lol
    hahaha or maybe take your picture and post it some where ( thinking about that sponge bob picture hahahahahaha )

I think makeup should look natural.... I am sure your going to do a fab job with it..
    As for the sephora I have no clue....

there are tons here that do though
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

Comment

I love the lunch box!!

Comment

snacks, ya nailed it I do very subtle natural make up..
        and the pic on the internet...thanks for that pleasent thought
        Malibu Minion, so the lunch box not a teen thing? (or are you 16?, I can never tell on the internet)
        procrastibating

Comment

It's not a teen thing! I'm in my early 20's.

Comment

Originally posted by Malibu Minion
            It's not a teen thing! I'm in my early 20's.
            lol.........i am too I am just celebrating a few anniversaries of my early 20's
            Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkerbelle
              there was one thing I thought was kind of cute though...it's called a lunchbox ($24) and it has all these little pallets of lipgloss, eyeshadow, a tiny mascara and a couple other things but I couldnt figure out (please don't laugh to hard) :o if it was meant for women or girls...It's cute and would fit nicely in a purse but I didn't want to by it and use it around people if it's meant for teens.....
              I am so confused...
              Dsnylndmom has the Hard Candy Lunch Box. If memory serves me well, she loves it. Hard Candy is a really fun line.

I have a great Urban Decay pallete of eyeshadows. Some of the colors I might not ever wear, but there are others I have already used quite a bit.

Sephora can be overwheleming. You should take a look around a few times, figure out what you like, start looking at Sephora.com, and when in doubt, ask questions of the other Gibson Girls.

And heaven is located where ever you live: Sephora next to Target? I think my husband would take away my credit cards if I lived near you.
              Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
              I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

I'm sorry but after you said "target next door to Sephora" the rest is all a blur

Seriously, I have the lunchbox and I LOVE it. It has 6 wonderful glosses, 8 shadows, black eyeliner, black mascara, blush, shimmer and two concealers. I also have a shadow kit from Hard Candy(the brand of the lunchbox)and they have GREAT shadow. Too Faced is one of my fave brands there and they have some crazy names for their products.

Urban Decay sounds horrible but their shimmer powders are Awesome!!(blackberry is my fave)Shimmer is GREAT to put on your shoulders or if you're wearing a v-neck shirt, just a small amount for shimmer/sparkle when the sun/light hits the area.

Oh I also have glitter lipstick and glosses. They normally are not as glittery as they look in the container on your lips and they are defintely not uncomfortable. I don't feel glitter lipstick is just for teens since I'm 30-ish but it do use it for specific occasions.

Sephora can defintely be overwhelming and if you are not looking for something specific you can either A. end up frustrated and not buy anything(never happened to me )or B. get wayyy more than what you need.

The great thing about Sephora is normally, if you tell them what type of look you are looking for, makeup wise, they will give you a makeover(no charge)in the style you prefer(natural vs smokey eye etc etc)and will help you with tones and colors best for your skin etc etc.

Sephora is also GREAT for skincare products. They care Philosophy and Benefit which have great skincare lines, in fact out of the three products that I SWEAR by one is by Philosophy and one is by Benefit!!

Browse the site or visit the store when you have time to browse and get a makeover and it will be less overwhelming!

Good luck

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I don't wear the makeup, but i do like the black and white exterior marble.
                  "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

The thing I like about Sephora is that there's never a hard sell. And they don't pump one brand down your throat. The sales people will usually straight up tell you which kind of mascara is the best deal, lasts the longest and looks the best. They'll tell you your skin tone is not meant for certain brands/products. They'll find the perfect blush for you. And they don't necessarily grab the most expensive product on the shelves. They'll totally work with you.

I've done the makeovers a few times and I've done some different things....and I love shimmery powders. I'll wear those anywhere, anytime....even to boring- PTA meetings. Someone has to sparkle at the PTA!

It's fun to try colors and different brands and things. And the Lunchbox you got is a great find, Tink!!

I didn't love make up until going to Sephora for the first time. Sephora complete converted me. For better or worse? Who knows. All I know is that I was a tough-sell, but I'm getting more girlie as time goes by.

Comment

OK ya all sold sold me...I'm out the door to go get the lunch box now...my husband blames all of you

I have discovered sephora...

...I am off to discover a world of glitter and sparkles...will life ever be the same...I doubt it

maybe I should get some shimmer too, hmmm,

(from no makeup to shimmers and sparkles, watch out world here I come )

Edit: I bought the Lunchbox and I decided to try a glitter lipstick, your right dsnylndmom, I can't feel the glitters at all... so I had to get a lipliner too (of course)
                      Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 03-07-2005, 10:55 AM.
                      procrastibating

Comment

I've never been a "girly girl" and was very anti - expensive makeup. And then, some of these gals on this very thread (you KNOW who you are) made it sound so intriguing, that I decided to stop by on my next visit to DtD. Sparkly eye makeover and $63 later, I walked out a changed woman. I still blame them for this. And, I still don't know how it all happened. I've never been one to "follow a crowd". :botox:
                        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyphile
                          ... I still blame them for this. And, I still don't know how it all happened. I've never been one to "follow a crowd". :botox:

I compleatly agree...It's all their fault , but I have to admit...I'm kind of having fun with my new look....
                          procrastibating

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkerbelle
                            I compleatly agree...It's all their fault , but I have to admit...I'm kind of having fun with my new look....
                            Oh, yes, it's definitely fun! I haven't had this much fun with glitter since elementary school "art" lessons.
                            [email protected]

Comment

I have no idea whom you're referring to DP...............do you Stink? Michele? :devil:

Btw, I'm sitting here with HALF my face made up in Bare Minerals, I'm still playing with it.

Tink, aren't the lip glosses in the Lunchbox just the BEST colors?? I love that kit and the mascara is really good!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Check my sig line for who I blame. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Nephythys
                                  Check my sig line for who I blame. LOL
                                  You can blame me all you want, but at the end of the day you know you love your Sephora habit.
                                  Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.

NO GOATS!

Comment

I blame Mamabot for my Venom obsession and it's all Dsnylndmom's fault for getting me hooked on the Lunch box.

Comment

Originally posted by Malibu Minion
                                      I blame Mamabot for my Venom obsession and it's all Dsnylndmom's fault for getting me hooked on the Lunch box.
                                      Who do you think hooked Mamabot on Venom
                                      Last edited by dsnylndmom; 03-09-2005, 12:37 PM. Reason: because Michele is a boT not a boTH

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by dsnylndmom
                                        Who do you think hooked Mamaboth on Venom
                                        It's all your fault! I blame it on dsnylndmom! Although it is not as much fun to blame you. We need someone else to blame....

NO GOATS!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X