This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I was told I will lose my job in January :(

But I called another company and was hired over the phone and with 65 cents more an hour!!! They said, " since you picked us to not only hire you, " but you sent your client to us also" we are giving you holiday pay even though we do not do this until you have been with the company for 6 months OH Yeah I am one happy camper!! so I am about 50 dollars a paycheck richer , and still get to do the job I love, and get holiday pay to oh yeah can you say "answered prayer "
    I was so shocked to see the company I worked for for years tell me I had my job until January 31st as they were closing the local office. what a way to tell some one right? So I decided I was going to just go over to the new company in two weeks when my paper work is done and the doctors aproval for my client is all done. So today me, and my client are happy campers.

Re: Today I was told I will lose my job in January

Sorry about the old job ... but YAY on the new one.

At least they didn't let you go right before the Holidays. That's the worst.

Comment

Sounds like good news to me! Good luck on your new position! Wish the best for you!
      Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
      it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

WTG Karla....

Comment

I was all like planning my disneyland trip last night ( for April), when I got the letter today I about fell over. Talk about panic attack !! I was OMG what am I going to do? I have car payments and so many credit cards I am in serious trouble. I am so glad I am paying all my credit cards in February with taxes, and cutting them up!! No more credit. If I did lose the job and could not find another right away,I would lose everything. I am a very grateful woman today believe me when I say " thankful "

Comment

Congrats on the new job and the higher pay!

Comment

Sorry about the job - but wow, did that turn out well! Good for you for not sitting back and taking it, you really took charge and it really worked out for you. Congrats and enjoy!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
              Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by All Aglow
                Sorry about the job - but wow, did that turn out well! Good for you for not sitting back and taking it, you really took charge and it really worked out for you. Congrats and enjoy!
                Thank you hon, what you said made me feel so good! I appreciate that. you guys are all awsome!!!!

Comment

Cangrats for you Karla!!!!! You may not be able to see me, but I am dancing with happiness for you .

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler
                    Cangrats for you Karla!!!!! You may not be able to see me, but I am dancing with happiness for you .
                    thank you!! thats funy, I am dancing with ya we are the dancing micechatters

Comment

Yay Karla! More money! Woot woot! :yea:
                      Introducing- The Geek Tutorial! The new informational webseries on computers and the geekiness of life.

Screw eHarmony- I met my soulmate at Star Trek: The Experience. :geek:

Random funny exchange from Star Trek: The Experience:

BF: "If you take any photos on the attraction, we will shoot you with a phaser."
                      Guest: "On stun?"
                      BF: "Maybe....."
                      Me: "I wouldn't trust him."

Comment

Wow Karla, what a day!

Im so sorry you had to go through the stress of it, but it sure sounds like it was meant to be.

Good luck to you.
                        procrastibating

Comment

Karla....I was so worried when I read the title of this thread , but now that I've read your post....YAY!!!

Comment

Well that's a roller coaster and a half! But glad it ended out on such a good note!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Wow! Talk about closing a door and opening a window! I'm glad it all worked out for you!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X