Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valentines Day and the Single people...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Valentines Day and the Single people...

    That time of year again is rolling around when those that have a special someone get showered with flowers and candy .. ..That's great for them, but being single I dread Feb. 14th!! Every 5minutes someone in my office is getting flowers delivered and it's annoying!! I think it's only annoying because I am not the one getting the flowers.. LOL :lol:


    anybody else feel this way or close to it? Does anybody else call itS.A.D—(singles awareness day)?




  • #2
    Re: Valentines Day and the Single people...

    I knew girls who would send themselves flowers.
    sigpic

    This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Valentines Day and the Single people...

      ^ i thought about doing that once.. just so i could look "special" like the other girls in my office..but umm flowers are expensive!!! LOL



      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Valentines Day and the Single people...

        I don't submit to most of the, what I like to call "Hallmark Holidays." I'm single nearly every Valentines Day and it doesn't phase me. If anything, be glad you're single because just because the girls where you work are getting flowers, doesn't mean those relationships are going to last. I always thank my stars that I'm single after I see all my friends go through their guy drama. Although I am dating someone currently so we'll see where that goes.


        Facebook me!
        Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Valentines Day and the Single people...

          I'm too awesome to really be contained.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Valentines Day and the Single people...

            Originally posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
            I don't submit to most of the, what I like to call "Hallmark Holidays." I'm single nearly every Valentines Day and it doesn't phase me. If anything, be glad you're single because just because the girls where you work are getting flowers, doesn't mean those relationships are going to last. I always thank my stars that I'm single after I see all my friends go through their guy drama. Although I am dating someone currently so we'll see where that goes.
            yeah good luck with not doing anything for v-day... let us know how it goes!

            Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
            I'm too awesome to really be contained.
            RFLOL



            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Valentines Day and the Single people...

              Originally posted by Poisonedapples View Post
              yeah good luck with not doing anything for v-day... let us know how it goes!
              If anything fun happens, I'll be sure to report. I'm not expecting anything but I'm sure if anything it'll be an anti-Vday extravaganza.


              Facebook me!
              Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Valentines Day and the Single people...

                You laugh, but y'all know it's true.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Valentines Day and the Single people...

                  To me V-day is all about spreading the love.... I think you could bake some sugar cookies and share with the office. Maybe a good deed will come back to you in some other way. :>

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Valentines Day and the Single people...

                    Originally posted by wdwcrazycactusgirl View Post
                    To me V-day is all about spreading the love.... I think you could bake some sugar cookies and share with the office. Maybe a good deed will come back to you in some other way. :>

                    UMM NO no thanks.

                    i think i will just it this one out as i always do , or take my self out



                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Valentines Day and the Single people...

                      Originally posted by Poisonedapples View Post
                      That time of year again is rolling around when those that have a special someone get showered with flowers and candy .. ..That's great for them, but being single I dread Feb. 14th!! Every 5minutes someone in my office is getting flowers delivered and it's annoying!! I think it's only annoying because I am not the one getting the flowers.. LOL :lol:


                      anybody else feel this way or close to it? Does anybody else call itS.A.D—(singles awareness day)?
                      I don't get annoyed. I used to feel sort of left out, like I didn't get to experience life along with everyone else by not having a special someone so I was outside looking in on life. Now it doesn't bother me as much. I figure that if I'm meant to have someone it will happen and if it doesn't I gain nothing by having negative feelings about it except maybe a few new wrinkles.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Valentines Day and the Single people...

                        I'll usually buy myself some chocolate and go out with other singles on Valentines. No need to feel alone when you have friends who are in the same boat as yourself!

                        "For with each dawn, she found new hope that someday, her dreams of happiness would come true."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Valentines Day and the Single people...

                          Well, if I knew you, I would send you flowers to make your day special.
                          sigpic

                          This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Valentines Day and the Single people...

                            I don't dread Valentines day, but I would be lying if I said that it doesn't make me feel a little lonely. All Valentine's day is an excuse to go out and spend money on something that will go straight to your thighs or wither and die within a week. I don't buy into that. Christmas is another one of those holidays that's blown way out of proportion just to put money in the pockets of businesses. Even if I was in a relationship, I would not make a big deal out of it. I too refer to it as Singles Awareness Day. Us single people deserve just as much lovin' on Valentine's Day as couples do.

                            Hang in there!






                            "Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Valentines Day and the Single people...

                              I celebrate Singles Awareness Day I already have plans to go out to dinner and to the movies. Yeah it makes me a bit sad and lonely, but in the past I have had some nice Valentine's Days so I just keep that in mind and think of how special it will be when I meet the right person.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X