This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skin care tips-

Can anyone suggest a good product that minimizes pores, gets rid of old skin, and tightens things up?

Basically a refinishing product for the face?

Thanks

Re: Skin care tips-

No one?

Comment

Nephy -
      D-Mom turned me onto the Philosophy products, specifically the mini-peel/microdermabrasion products.
      I actually purchased the whole skin care line and am seeing vast improvement in my skin.
      I'm actually going to switch in the next go-round to the products specifically noted for enlarged pores. I have seen improvement with the normal products.

I highly recommend it!

(much thanks to D-Mom!!)

Comment

THe Great One Micro Delivery Peel. Best product EVER :bow: I swear by this. You use it twice a week. It's wonderful.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

:ap: Depends, do you want natural (make it yourself) or over the counter? :ap:
          ~ MickeysGirl šoš
          ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! šoš

Comment

zoinks- the prices on that Philosophy stuff.....:blink: Is there ONE thing that if I popped for it would be just right to start with?

You have other tips for something home made MG?

Comment

Would that lotion clean clogged nose pores?

Comment

Originally posted by Nephythys
                zoinks- the prices on that Philosophy stuff.....:blink: Is there ONE thing that if I popped for it would be just right to start with?

You use the great one 1 to 2 times a week, you don't use a ton of it so it lasts a longgggg time. I'd say anywhere from 3 to 6 months. My skin feels like Shawn's soft baby skin after I use it.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler
                  probably not lotion, but soap will.

I use philosophy....

Comment

Originally posted by dsnylndmom
                    You use the great one 1 to 2 times a week, you don't use a ton of it so it lasts a longgggg time. I'd say anywhere from 3 to 6 months. My skin feels like Shawn's soft baby skin after I use it.
                    Mmkay- since you and Mamabot turned me onto this Sephora thing- any great codes I should know about?

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler
                      I'm still a believer in Biore nose strips. They work wonders and you can get them at WalMart!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                      Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
                      Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Nephythys

:ap: Loads, let me know what your looking for and I'll send you something that should suit your needs. Sorry I could not remember where this thread was, so I just saw it again. :ap:
                        ~ MickeysGirl šoš
                        ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! šoš

Comment

As far as getting rid of old skin, I have been using St.Yves apricot scrub for years. (about $2.50) at Target.

To minimize pores, try a beta hydroxy. I like Neutrogena's "Clear Skin" lotion with Salylic Acid (It's marketed for acne, but S.A. is a beta hydroxy). You can also use a pore minimizer (I like DermaDoctor's Picture Porefect) Which reduces the appearance of large pores but doesn't get rid of them.

For tightening things up (and refinishing skin) use an alpha hydroxy acid. I use a 12% over the counter called Am Lactin which was recomended to me by my plastic surgeon. If your face is really in need of some help, Retin A is a great product.

I alter these products so that I use the beta, alpha and Retin A once every 3 days. I use the pore reducer everyday and the scrub once or twice a week.

I really believe that you don't need to spend a lot for great skincare. Cetaphil cleanser is the #1 recommended cleanser by both plastic surgeons and dermatologists (about $4.00) and my scrub and alpha and beta hydroxys were all recommended by doctors. The Retin A is about $30 but it lasts about 2 months. My only big skincare indulgence is the DermaDoctor, It runs about $40 every month and a half or so.
                          ~Whitney

Turns out I've had the most terrible things happen and the most brilliant things. Sometimes well, I can't tell the difference. They're all the same thing. They're just me. You know Stephen King said once, "Salvation and Damnation are the same thing" and I never knew what he meant. But I do now. ~The Doctor (Dr. Who)

Comment

Thanks-I guess the trick is finding one that works and sticking with it.

Comment

Originally posted by bewitched
                              I really believe that you don't need to spend a lot for great skincare. Cetaphil cleanser is the #1 recommended cleanser by both plastic surgeons and dermatologists (about $4.00) and my scrub and alpha and beta hydroxys were all recommended by doctors. The Retin A is about $30 but it lasts about 2 months. My only big skincare indulgence is the DermaDoctor, It runs about $40 every month and a half or so.
                              I agree 100% with Cetaphil, I use the cleasner and moisturizer, Cetaphil is a top notch cleasner for a great price. I've tried alot of different products on the market both expensive and cheapy and the Great One by Philosophy is the ONLY thing that really really shows a different with my pores. The skin on my nose is like sand paper and when I use this it is as soft as my youngest son's skin, it works wonders. This product, Boo Boo Zap(blows the cheaper versions away, 100%)and Lip Venom are the three products I swear by and will spend extra money on, they are worth every penny.

Nephy the Spring Catalog just came out today! Which means a free largers size sample
                              http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...egoryId=C10462

THat's the product I'm talking about and check out the new catalog online, there will be a code for a bonus sample.
                              Last edited by dsnylndmom; 02-14-2006, 07:04 AM.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X