Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Acne face cleaner?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acne face cleaner?

Well, I've switched from my Clearasil to using Cetaphil in the shower. It's OK, really not better than anything else (Sorry, I know you all love it!) - I'm still greasy at the end of the day

Anyway, one bad result is that, now that I'm not using zit wash, I'm breaking out a bit. (THREE, two big, ugly and painful, and one of those little tortureous ones by my nose!).

So, I'm looking for some kind of acne wash to use when I wash my face at night... I'm thinking of those little pads. NOT an actual "wash" - too messy to use water to wash it off at the sink! I usually use those that are dry waffle like pads, then wet them and use them to rinse. Do they make acne versions of those? (I tried "pillows - too wet! i'm telling you, I make a wet mess!)

Any suggestions would be great!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Re: Acne face cleaner?

Check out Aveeno Clear Complexion. I have been using it for a while now and it has worked wonders for my skin. I *think* they have cleansing pads, but I have not used them.

I am moving on from Aveeno only because I think I need to change up my face care regimine.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

I swear by Neutrogena Acne Wash. It's liquid, but I keep it in the shower and wash my face while conditioning my hair.
      A signature should go here.

Comment

I use the wafflepads with the acne wipe on them. I believe its by Clerasil, its a red round container but I don't have them in front of me so I can't remember the brand name. You can pick it up at any Target, Walmart etc..

Comment

Umm...one word for you PROACTIV. That stuff works. I had a mild acne problem and I used it and (as Emeril says, "BAM!") it was gone. It's soooo easy to use. Three-piece kit, face wash, toner, and lotion. I'll throw on the face wash when I take my daily shower, wash it off in there, throw on the toner (with a cotton pad) and then the facial lotion. Easy as pie and your face will be as clear as day. Try it! :thumbup:
          http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
          www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
          http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

I had horrible skin through HS - I tried everything. I finally ended up with Clean and Clear foaming face wash (once in the morning and once at night) - works like a charm for me.
            Anything you do, let it come from you, then it will be new. Give us more to see. ~Stephen Sondheim

Comment

I use the Tea Tree Oil foaming face wash from The Body Shop, and I use their Tea Tree Oil blemish pads. At night I use their Vitamin E moisturizer, and during the day, I use Clean & Clear's SPF moisturizer, and my skin has improved a ton since I started using this combo.

Comment

For a second there, I thought it said Acme Solution. I've been watching too much Wiley & RR lately.

I've heard good things about Proactive, too. Not sure if it's because its on tv 24-7, or if the stuff actually works.

Comment

For on the spot treatments try Boo Boo Zap by Benefit.

I've tried a bajillion different brands of this type of product and only Boo Boo Zap clears things up in a snap. Those ginormous underground ones, Boo Boo Zap is GREAT for them.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by fastpassmountain
                    For a second there, I thought it said Acme Solution. I've been watching too much Wiley & RR lately.

I've heard good things about Proactive, too. Not sure if it's because its on tv 24-7, or if the stuff actually works.
                    Did for me...it's a bit on the expensive side but if it works...
                    Had to buy the cleanser and toner seperately and it cost me $38 because I didn't want to buy the 3-pack that includes those 2 bottles and the facial moisturizer.
                    http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
                    www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
                    http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

http://www.acne.org is a good place to find reviews of topical acne solutions.

I've heard good things about Tea Tree Oil and its scent.

As for me, I'm still using Cetaphil with 2.5% BP and Neutrogena SPF 15 oil-free moisturizer.

Comment

Boo Bo Zap is on my list.

Seriously, I ca'nt do the face washes at the sink. I giggle everytime I see those commercials on TV... i'm a dripping, soggy mess when i'm done! So I don't do that anymore! after the Cetaphil's gone, I'll go back to my regular Clarasil Foaming Face Wash in the shower.

But thanks for the pads/waffle things information. Proactiv'as WAY too expensive and my acne's nowhere near that bad, man. I just needa basic wash
                        Good morning, son
                        In twenty years from now
                        It was pain
                        Sunny days and rain

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fastpassmountain

I used Proactiv for a while. It did work (somewhat) for my face, but it left my face very dry.

Of course, I also remember being called, by a dermatologist, "The Acutane Poster Boy". I have never wanted to punch someone as much as I did right then (of course, that day was a very...interesting...day).

Comment

Avon has a nice cleansing cloths (search for "clean cloths")And I'm with you on the sink clutz. I hate when the water and suds drip down your arms. Ugh!
                            Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                            Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
                            Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
                            Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
                            Marge: Pink.
                            Homer: D'oh!
                            Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

Ooh, if I use Avon, my mom will probably buy them for me. Heh heh Heh!!!
                              Good morning, son
                              In twenty years from now
                              It was pain
                              Sunny days and rain

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse