This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats in your Hair???

You know that perfect hair doo..........
    .............What do you need to put into your hair to get it??

With different weather conditions there are always different things you have to do..

..... I have naturally curly long hair. So to keep it looking spiralley I add a grapefruit size ball of mousse.

However, if I am on holidays in Cali or Orlando....that ball of mousse is not enough. To that I add about 1/4 cup of hair gel.

What are your hair goo secrets????
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

Nothing but a little hairspray!

I've never been a mousse or gel girl...it just weighs down my allready very think, heavy hair. And hairspray must be Aqua Net or Rave...nothing else will hold a style.
    Us girls, we're so magical.
    Soft skin, red lips, so kissable.
    Hard to resist, so touchable.
    Too good to deny it.
    Ain't no big deal, it's innocent. :evil:

Comment

The more natural the better. I have straight hair that kicks out at the bottom. I pretty much wash and go. I prefer Redken Color Extend for shampoo & conditioner.

If I am feeling so inclined to take 5 minutes to do my hair, I will spray some Redken Root Shot on my hair. Not too much, just enough to give my hair some extra bounce.
      Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
      I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

I use volumizing spray or
        texturizing root lifter or
        "curls" mousse
        Depending on which type of hair I'm feeling that day

If it's just going up I just spray some infusium in, brush it back and go!

But, I have to say I LOVE Garnier Fructis hair mask!!! It makes my hair sooo soft! I LOVE IT!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

paint chips...I've been sc the trim on the house getting ready to repaint!
          "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

I'm a wash and go gal, too. Thankfully I have some natural body and waviness.
            Unless I'm going out that night - then I'll put my hair up somehow to give it oomph later.
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
            And I can tell you 'bout today
            And how I picked you up and everything changed
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain
            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I'be got a couple of straightening or glossing balms I use - one's from the Body Shop (and almost finished) and the other's from the John Frieda brunette line. I also just purchased a great new spray that reduces the frizzies - I love it! I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to hair.

Comment

Biosilk, Biosilk, Biosilk... then some more Biosilk... I LOVE this stuff!

I also throw Tigi's Catwalk Curls Rock in my hair when I want it to get wavy (I have natural wave). I used to use Catwalk Camera Ready in my hair but it seems to get more greasy than shiny lately, so I've discontinued using it.

I'm excited though - at the end of April (yes I still have to wait a month), I've booked a day of beauty.... hair and makeup! Whoo hoo! I'm going to get the works done on my hair... base color, highlights, glosser, deep conditioning treatment. You name it, it's going to be done!

Comment

I use Biosilk in my hair when it's feeling really really dry. That stuff's great! It takes awhile to master the amount though, a little too much and EEK!!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I use thremasilk, biosilk is the best and sometimes I use Paul Mitchell hairspray.

Comment

Whats with all this stuff....

Though Hair is what makes a girl hot... Wonder would making my hiar look nice attract some girls??

Comment

Originally posted by dsnylndmom

If it's just going up I just spray some infusium in, brush it back and go!

Is the infusium any good.... cause in high humitity i get the frizzies.... thats why I need the 1/4 cup of dippity do hair gel.

I know it seems like i put alot of goo in my hair, however its still remains soft..... but i need to find some good anti frizz options...
                        Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

Comment

Sebastian molding mud or fudge.
                          "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

My hair's naturally curly, and I tend to loooooooove processing it, so I have to do a LOT to keep it from frizzing and shriveling up and drying out on me.

I use Beyond the Zone (available at Sally Beauty Supply) Stoked hydrating shampoo (with hemp oil!) and Busted conditioner (also with hemp oil). Mousse is a no-no for my hair, since my hair has way too much volume as it is, so mousse makes it frizzier and poufier than it needs to be. I also use Infusium 23's leave-in conditioner daily, just a little spritz on the ends, which tend to dry out easier.

To keep the frizz at bay, I use Beyond the Zone's frizz-control serum, Noodle Head curling creme (I love the name of that product, and it works so well!) and gel, then a little spritzing of their scrunching spray. Yep, lots of gunk on my hair, which is why I strip it all out with Beyond the Zone Strip Search shampoo (or other shampoos designed to strip the hair of styling product buildup) once every week or two weeks. (disclaimer: I do not work for Beyond the Zone, I'm simply a huge fan of their reasonably priced and reasonably good product!)

In addition, I've discovered a new favorite way to keep my overprocessed locks from freaking out: Every night before bed, I apply The Body Shop's Spa Wisdom Monoi Miracle Oil. Monoi oil is cosmetic-grade coconut oil, and from what I've heard it's pretty popular in the South Pacific for hair and skin care. It smells wonderful...the scent is tiare, or Tahitian gardenia...and it reminds me VERY strongly of Hawaii. In the morning, I rinse it out and shampoo or condition (depending on whether it's a shampoo-and-conditioner or shampoo-only day)...it leaves my hair super-soft and much less frizzy than normal, plus it's really helped to boost my highlights.

Once a month or so, I also do a deep conditioning treatment (Neutrogena's Triple Moisture conditioning mask does the job nicely, but I'd like to try Garnier Fructis as well!)...I wash my hair well with my degunking shampoo, then apply the conditioning mask, wrap a warm, wet towel (hand towels work well for this) around my head, cover it with a shower cap, keep it all on for about 15-20 minutes, then go back and rinse.

it's a lot of work, but it's pretty well worth it...I always get compliments on my hair.
                            Last edited by Marie; 05-15-2005, 07:52 PM.
                            I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to.

Comment

My hair is thin and fine, and won't hold a perm. Product just weighs it down. So I'm a wash & go or ponytail girl...because my hair defies styling.

Stupid hair.
                              Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
                              : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Comment

Originally posted by MegarooFifi
                                Biosilk, Biosilk, Biosilk... then some more Biosilk... I LOVE this stuff!
                                Yes, I love the Biosilk! It's the only thing that keeps me from getting frizzy.
                                Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think I'll have to try Biosilk. My hair is thick, wavy, and sometimes frizzy. I use Redkin Glass when it's wet, and occasionally Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream when it's dry.
                                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Shampoo: Aussie Dual Personality
                                    Conditioner: Aussie Moist Conditioner (and LOTS of it)
                                    Styling: Aussie Hair Insurance, comb out tangles with a pick, air dry

VOILA!

(I have permed and color-treated hair, so lots of moisture is good.)
                                    [email protected]

Comment

I don't use anything- wash and go...easy! My hair is done in minutes!!!! Unless of course I am going somewhere nice, than I will use a bit of mouse.
                                      Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by desertdweller
                                        paint chips...I've been sc the trim on the house getting ready to repaint!
                                        :lol: :lol:
                                        I want my cake back!
                                        sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X