This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Style Addiction

You know you're addicted when..........you're having a totally crappy day and feel like going back to bed with the covers over your head when low and behild the new In Style comes!!! And then you spend the rest of the day looking like this >>

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Amen to that. Yesterday, after a particularly hard day and a tiff with the hubby, I grabbed the car keys. When he asked me what I were I was going - I told him to Safeway (the only place open that late) to give myself some retail therapy. (How sad is that? Retail therapy at Safeway!?! ) When he asked what I meant, I told him that it meant that I would be coming home with InStyle and Self magazine. The newest issue is huge! It was like reading a really juicy novel...

Comment

Originally posted by MegarooFifi
      Amen to that. Yesterday, after a particularly hard day and a tiff with the hubby, I grabbed the car keys. When he asked me what I were I was going - I told him to Safeway (the only place open that late) to give myself some retail therapy. (How sad is that? Retail therapy at Safeway!?! ) When he asked what I meant, I told him that it meant that I would be coming home with InStyle and Self magazine. The newest issue is huge! It was like reading a really juicy novel...

Oh man I can so relate!!! Today I had a hubby tiff, first thing in the AM!! I went to work in my youngest son's class and they had a sub so they didn't need me, where did I go...................SAFEWAY!!

Starbucks, magazines and PEACE!!! Awwwwwwwwwwwwww

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Totally. I got mine today! Was a good day as a result. :love:

Comment

Girls and fashion..... Can't some of you be original... Thats what sometimes make a girl look hot... (even if most wont aknowoledge i am there..)

Comment

Tina.....I learned stuff. Important stuff. I over-paid for my LaRoche stuff and I now know how to pronounce Josh Duhamel's last name. Rhymes with "too swell." Good to know. I spent all morning with my InStyle. Good stuff!!!

Comment

Who's on the cover? I'm hanging out for my April In Style and Self magazines...I was nhoping they'd be here in time for the Easter weekend, but so far, no luck I bought the April Glamour the other day though (Meg Ryan on cover) - it looks pretty good.
              Last edited by UvaGirl; 03-23-2005, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Mine is actually the March magazine with Queen Latifah on the cover. I thought it was a pretty good issue... (I'm up here in Canada, so we get the magazines about 2 weeks after you guys, so our April issue isn't out yet)

Comment

Originally posted by UvaGirl
                  Who's on the cover? I'm hanging out for my April In Style and Self magazines...I was nhoping they'd be here in time for the Easter weekend, but so far, no luck I bought the April Glamour the other day though (Meg Ryan on cover) - it looks pretty good.
                  Sandra Bullock's the April cover girl. Cameron Diaz is the fashion gal inside, with all the pics of her through the years. I usually think she's ugly, but she might just be one of those people who are so gorgeous they're ugly. There are some really good pics of her.

There's a huge cosmetic/skincare spread with lots of good stuff--foundations, moisturizers, blushes, glosses, etc.

Oscar and Grammy pics and some cute pics of some the Sundance goers. In fake snow.

All in all, it's pretty good, style-wise, but not a lot of substance. The Josh Duhamel pics are just okay.

The other thing I learned? Jake Gyllenhaal just bought a Rufus Wainwright CD, which gives me one more reason to love/lust for JG. :sigh: :love:

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Thank you Claire I want my copy NOW! I'm off to hunt it down at lunchtime....

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986
                      Girls and fashion..... Can't some of you be original... Thats what sometimes make a girl look hot... (even if most wont aknowoledge i am there..)
                      Well that's just rude.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell
                        Sandra Bullock's the April cover girl. Cameron Diaz is the fashion gal inside, with all the pics of her through the years. I usually think she's ugly, but she might just be one of those people who are so gorgeous they're ugly. There are some really good pics of her.

There's a huge cosmetic/skincare spread with lots of good stuff--foundations, moisturizers, blushes, glosses, etc.

Oscar and Grammy pics and some cute pics of some the Sundance goers. In fake snow.

All in all, it's pretty good, style-wise, but not a lot of substance. The Josh Duhamel pics are just okay.

The other thing I learned? Jake Gyllenhaal just bought a Rufus Wainwright CD, which gives me one more reason to love/lust for JG. :sigh: :love:
                        Claire, the beauty section was GREAT wasn't it!!

Did you get my tm about the silver straws?? $115 for straws?! I also learned how to pronounce Josh Duhmel-Too Swell's name

I liked the blush section also, good little tips.

And I totally agree with you on Cameron Diaz!!

**Carly I thought of you when I posted this thread! :love:

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

It took me a minute to figure out the straws tm!!! Then I figured it had to be InStyle-related, so I looked em up!!! Dying!!! So funny..... :lol: I love your tm's!!! :love:

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell
                            It took me a minute to figure out the straws tm!!! Then I figured it had to be InStyle-related, so I looked em up!!! Dying!!! So funny..... :lol: I love your tm's!!! :love:
                            Awwww thanks!! Oh BTW.....I just got the Simon one today! HOw weird is that?
                            Well I'm heading to El Torito's tonight, happy hour is much needed tonight. So you have been forewarned!! Who knows what you'll get a picture of!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X