This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucktastic

So, I'm on my way to work at 5:45 this morning when my car just totally eats it. Starts shaking and vibrating any time I accelerate. The damn thing feels like it's going to shake itself apart. So I pull into a parking lot and call Erik and AAA...Naturally, no repair shops are open this time of day, so I'm here at Erik's rather than at work, waiting for 8am so I can take my piece of crap car to AAMCO.

I have this horrible sinking feeling that it's my transmission.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Re: Sucktastic

Crap. That sucks. Car trouble sucks. I am all too familiar with breaking down. I will never buy a ford again. Every car I have had has been a Ford and each one has given me numerous problems. They are notorious for transmission issues.

On an up note, we thought our transmission was shot a couple months ago (Ford Windstar) and it turns out it wasn't. All we needed was a $5 part. So you never know! Maybe it isn't as bad as you think? :beg:
    �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

Yep, it probably is. Sorry to hear it, hon.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

I'm hoping it's not as bad as I think, but I kind of agree with Morrigoon - it probably is. I'm so pissed right now I can't even put it into words. DAMN!

Comment

Originally posted by TinkPink
          Crap. That sucks. Car trouble sucks. I am all too familiar with breaking down. I will never buy a ford again. Every car I have had has been a Ford and each one has given me numerous problems. They are notorious for transmission issues.

On an up note, we thought our transmission was shot a couple months ago (Ford Windstar) and it turns out it wasn't. All we needed was a $5 part. So you never know! Maybe it isn't as bad as you think? :beg:
          Reminds me of a couple jokes...

You know what FORD stands for, don't you?
          Found On Road Dead

You know what happens when you put a FORD in reverse?
          Driver Returns On Foot

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Originally posted by sunnygirl
            I'm hoping it's not as bad as I think, but I kind of agree with Morrigoon - it probably is. I'm so pissed right now I can't even put it into words. DAMN!
            SG: If it is, try to get them to rebuild rather than replace. Could save you a lot of money if they can do it. Hey, is it possible you're just low on transmission fluid?

Comment

Originally posted by Morrigoon
              Hey, is it possible you're just low on transmission fluid?
              Hell if I know. Would that cause my car to respond so...violently?

Comment

Well, my car's been running better since I got my oil changed (at which I requested they check the tranny fluid, which is apparently part of the service anyway).

Just saying...

I mean, if your transmission wasn't slipping before this, it might be all you need to do.

Comment

Hmm...Well, I had all my fluids checked just last month, but hopefully, this is the only problem. *sigh*

Comment

I'm sorry SunnyGlite. Car issues suck butt

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

What kind of car, and how old?

Comment

Damn cars!

Comment

Totally suktastic
                          GL.
                          Good morning, son
                          In twenty years from now
                          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                          And I can tell you 'bout today
                          And how I picked you up and everything changed
                          It was pain
                          Sunny days and rain
                          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morrigoon
                            You know what FORD stands for, don't you?
                            Found On Road Dead
                            I thought it was Fix Or Repair Daily, but yours works too (and isn't quite as redundant)

I'm crossing fingers for you that it's not going to be too bad... or more importantly, not too expensive.

Comment

Poor SunnyG!!!!! Car troubles bite.

And for the record, I love my Ford!!!! I have a horrible record with Toyota's. Every Toyota I've ever owned has had electrical problems. But my Escape runs "like butta".

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                              Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
                              Everyone says that the U.S. doesnt make anything anymore, but thats not exactly true. Were the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X