Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mice Chat Beauty Pageant Nominations (or 101 Ways to Derail a Thread)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001: A Space Odyssey

Comment

• OOOOOH, I GET IT! post #2001! Yea Derailed thread!

i'm so quick.
      I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
      That explains the trouble that I'm always in...
      sigpic

Comment

• <long sigh>

I think I am ready to find a cliff.

Comment

• Uh-oh- whats up g?
          Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
          Help support the site you love:
          -Visit the MiceChat store
          Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
          MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

• Project work for an utterly crapy class. The project relates to nothing we have done, requires skills which were not taught, my partner who was supposed to work with me has ditched me, and my due date is now two days shorter.

I am also looking at below a 3.0 this semester and only care due to the sheer amounts of dollars I have wasted in this "institution of higher learning". If I do not have a 3.0 overall, after my last class over the summer, I have NO idea what I am going to do.

All in all things look very ugly right now. Hopping and landing head first over a cliff would relieve all of the above issues. Of course, it would also severly impact my family and my kitties, who would probably have to wait a few days before someone came to take care of them.

From here, it would work out that I am never heard from again. While a few may be a bit saddened by this, everyone would get over it. <sighs>

Comment

• Originally posted by Gwyren
              <long sigh>

I think I am ready to find a cliff.
              NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO G-dizzle! You are too much fun!

Comment

• There there, it'll be ok- remember, you have May 4th to live for! I hear ya about classes though- I may have to take a little break from micechat this week so that I can get everything done for finals! ARGHHHH! Cheer up, I could send you a picture of my hair- that would make you feel better
                Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                Help support the site you love:
                -Visit the MiceChat store
                Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

• DQ~ I wanna see the hair!! Pretty please post a pic! I am sure it is not as bad as you say!

G~ Hang in there! You know things will always brighten up. Don't make me start singing...

...the sun will come out tomarrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomarrow....
                  �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

• I think we need to take G to Dland for a nice dole whip float! That'll cheer him up fast!
                    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
                    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
                    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
                    Marge: Pink.
                    Homer: D'oh!
                    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

• Originally posted by dramaqueen
                      There there, it'll be ok- remember, you have May 4th to live for! I hear ya about classes though- I may have to take a little break from micechat this week so that I can get everything done for finals! ARGHHHH! Cheer up, I could send you a picture of my hair- that would make you feel better
                      DQ - I would LOVE to see that!

Comment

• Originally posted by dramaqueen
                        There there, it'll be ok- remember, you have May 4th to live for! I hear ya about classes though- I may have to take a little break from micechat this week so that I can get everything done for finals! ARGHHHH! Cheer up, I could send you a picture of my hair- that would make you feel better
                        DQ - I would LOVE to see that!

Caffine...<sighs> I will have to start reloading my poor body with caffine. It also looks as if I will have to purchase and learn to use Matlab in less than 2 or 3 days.

Comment

• Hey Gwyrn~
                          Remember this fact...no one in the work field is gonna remember, know or notice your GPA after you escape college. Enjoy higher learning if taking a lower grades means you walked with less of a headache and more of a sense of acomplishment then accept the fate and enjoy it. I hate to see you beat yourself up over the marks you receive because I am firm believer that education should be enjoyed and cherished and if there is anything I or we can do to help you, by golly don't hesitate to ask.

I don't own Matlab but I would Limewire and Napster it if I could for you..and then try to learn it so I could help. Maybe they have cliff notes for it, te he he. Good Luck Lil Buddy!

Comment

• Oh and um, for your peace of mind....I'll take care of your cats!
                            Hang in there G, we love you!
                            I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
                            That explains the trouble that I'm always in...
                            sigpic

Comment

• Ack, I missed the concert topic... I go to "concerts" (aka local musicians shows and a few non-locals who wander in and sit with the bands) just about once a week. I just went to a Rob Thomas show, though! Awesome. And I have few that are getting lined up for this summer (Marc Broussard, Rascal Flatts, Kenny Chesney, BSB...)

How to sneak a camera into a concert...

a) boobs, if you're a girl and they're big (explain you have an underwire on if you get dinged by the metal detecor.)
                              b) in a tampon box (and try to get a male wander)
                              c) in a disposible camera box (if disposables are allowed)
                              d) false purse bottom (easy to make)
                              e) buy a small one (they have ones that fit in an altoid tin)
                              f) as someone said, hide it in a jacket, etc. (but this might not work if they make you shake it out)
                              g) hide it in your sock (risky, but I've seen it work!)
                              I know there are more that I can't think of!

My first concert was some stupid spring break thing with these one hit wonder female bands (Sweet Sensation, anyone?). I didn't really get into music much until later on in my life.

And gwyren, I'm jealous - Faith and Tim!!!
                              Good morning, son
                              In twenty years from now
                              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                              And I can tell you 'bout today
                              And how I picked you up and everything changed
                              It was pain
                              Sunny days and rain
                              I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ah schucks
                                Hey Gwyrn~
                                Remember this fact...no one in the work field is gonna remember, know or notice your GPA after you escape college. Enjoy higher learning if taking a lower grades means you walked with less of a headache and more of a sense of acomplishment then accept the fate and enjoy it. I hate to see you beat yourself up over the marks you receive because I am firm believer that education should be enjoyed and cherished and if there is anything I or we can do to help you, by golly don't hesitate to ask.

I don't own Matlab but I would Limewire and Napster it if I could for you..and then try to learn it so I could help. Maybe they have cliff notes for it, te he he. Good Luck Lil Buddy!
                                Funny thing about GPA - for graduate school a 3.0 is required...that is why I worry.
                                I agree with the fact that education should be enjoyed. Sadly, unless you manage to get a Reasearch Assistant position it is all highly theoretical learning with little/no practical application, which I do not enjoy. Plus, due to being highly misadvised I have taken 3 courses (1 last semester, 2 this) which I did not want to take due to having no interest in those fields. Only two weeks ago did I learn I did not need to. I have noticed in the past that, when taking something I have no interest in, my grades suffer.
                                My one hands on course...has been a complete SNAFU which is only going to add to my time crunch this week. There is no chance I will not get credit for it as it is a credit/no credit course, but I was hoping for an A which I just learned were not given for Directed Research courses.

Oh well, such is life, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gwyren
                                  Funny thing about GPA - for graduate school a 3.0 is required...that is why I worry.
                                  I agree with the fact that education should be enjoyed. Sadly, unless you manage to get a Reasearch Assistant position it is all highly theoretical learning with little/no practical application, which I do not enjoy. Plus, due to being highly misadvised I have taken 3 courses (1 last semester, 2 this) which I did not want to take due to having no interest in those fields. Only two weeks ago did I learn I did not need to. I have noticed in the past that, when taking something I have no interest in, my grades suffer.
                                  My one hands on course...has been a complete SNAFU which is only going to add to my time crunch this week. There is no chance I will not get credit for it as it is a credit/no credit course, but I was hoping for an A which I just learned were not given for Directed Research courses.

Oh well, such is life, no?
                                  There is always summer school courses and even after you graduate you can take a few classes at major universities to prove to grad schools that while you had a bump in the road during college you mean business...

I looked into some of the methods since I myself had a semister like that my sophmore year. Bad math teacher got my first and only D dropped me below 3.0. Grrrr still pisses me off.

Comment

• Originally posted by ah schucks
                                    There is always summer school courses and even after you graduate you can take a few classes at major universities to prove to grad schools that while you had a bump in the road during college you mean business...

I looked into some of the methods since I myself had a semister like that my sophmore year. Bad math teacher got my first and only D dropped me below 3.0. Grrrr still pisses me off.
                                    <winks> I am in Grad school now, going for my Masters in Mechanical Engineering. I need a 3.0 (and I believe that is for grad work only) to graduate.

I do wish to continue taking courses every so often as I wih to learn EVERYTHING I do not know! One should only stop learning when one is dead. Hence a large part of the reason I left my job to return to school.

Hmm...I may need to write to them and either as for an extension of my leave or quit...

I apologize for bringing negativity into the thread. I do not wish to drag anyone else down.
                                    Last edited by Gwyren; 04-26-2005, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• :lol: Let's not talk about grade point averages in college/university. I have mild ADD and lack of discipline when it comes to school. Let's just say, I'm amazed that they'll still let me in. The crazy thing is, some classes I'd get A's in, some I'd almost fail. Go figure

And NeverNeverland, I had to laugh hysterically at sneaking the camera into the concert with boobs. I can honestly say, I've never tried that. :lol: I'm laughing just thinking of me trying to do that... it wouldn't work on me, but it's a good idea

Gwyren, don't jump off a cliff! I know grad school is definitely hard (I've seen my two sisters and a brother-in-law go through it... one finally got a doctorate)... just keep breathing and taking breaks to come here on MiceChat. We'd miss you too much if you left!

Today's my meeting with a personal trainer to get fully assessed, health and fitness wise. It definitely should be interesting... I hope I don't get too depressed afterwards.

I can't believe we hit 2000... that's crazy... talkative bunch we are

Comment

• That reminds me, Schucks did you end up shaving your head? All the talk of us girls changing our hair made me wonder...

Comment

• Originally posted by MegarooFifi
                                          Gwyren, don't jump off a cliff!
                                          I honestly do not believe I could ever hurt myself.

Hmm...I will have to see if I can pick up Mountain Dew at 7-11 on the way home tonight...and possibly stop for a milkshake.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X