This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florists = BIG $$

Ok- just who convinced florists that putting an orchid plant in a small blue vase was worth $64??

:blink:

Why are flowers SO expensive????

My son has asked me to get flowers to his GF on Saturday- their 6 month anniversary. Awwww, sweet. On my dime.

Ok.....I'm ok with that..but not at these prices!!

I'm gonna end up buying local- and having one of his brothers play delivery boy. :lol:

Anyone have tips, advice on getting flowers?

Re: Florists = BIG $$

What ever flowers that are "in season" will be less expensive. If you are getting roses make sure they are not "blown" already. You can test this by gently squeezing the head of the flower and making sure it is firm and does not feel hollow. (hehehe that sounded bad :lol: ) Potted plants are always nice and usually come in different sizes. Hope that helped a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Nephythys

I've been to florists and I've been to Costco , but the best flowers I always buy are from Nob Hill ...and they're usually the chapest too. I got 10 tulips for $5.99. And a friend once gave me a tip that works great for making tulips last longer...be sure to put two pennies in the vase with the water!

Comment

I was going to also say Costco. Our store designer at work buys almost all of his flowers there. Just stick 'em in one of your own vases and tie it with a ribbon. (Do you have 500 extra vases under your sink, or is it just me?)

I always put a little sugar in the water, but I've heard specifically for tulips that a couple of drops of bleach is good too.
        A signature should go here.

Comment

costco here tooooo.. i bought our flowers for our wedding there.. nice and CHEAP

Friends for life

Comment

Originally posted by Nephythys
            Ok- just who convinced florists that putting an orchid plant in a small blue vase was worth $64??

:blink:

Why are flowers SO expensive????

My son has asked me to get flowers to his GF on Saturday- their 6 month anniversary. Awwww, sweet. On my dime.

Ok.....I'm ok with that..but not at these prices!!

I'm gonna end up buying local- and having one of his brothers play delivery boy. :lol:

Go to costco or sams club good delas like 12 a dozon or so. then buy vase There you go
            :crazylegs

Comment

Costco over here too...get an inexpensive vase at a local drugstore, grocery store or target...tie a pretty ribbon around it...whole thing should cost you $15 or so
              procrastibating

Comment

Thanks guys- I will check out Costco- they do usually have great flowers!

:yea:

Comment

My mother has purchased flowers at costco when she has house guests over. She likes to make the room look like a bed and breakfast......I have bought cut flowers at the grocery store and they are ok...right now vons has 10 daffodils for 99 cents. There is also a flower mart....down in LA. alot of florits buy flowers from there....one day i will go there...they have a garment district too...

The last flowers I bought were for a fund reaiser for the american caner society. I bought 20 daffodils and a boyds bear for $53.00. Good thing it was for chairity...espceially after I saw the vons advertisement...LOL

Comment

Trader Joe's always has a nice floral selection.

Comment

Super Walmart carries glass vases (sometimes themed to the current season). Sometimes, if your lucky, the flowers aren't too bad.
                      Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                      An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                      Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                      Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I'm cheap and just cut flowers out of my own, or my neighbors, flowerbed. :lol:. Those are the cheapest flowers I can find.

Comment

Yesterday my husband and son brought me 2 dozen roses from Costco!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X