This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MegarooFifi
    Still, that's something most people couldn't just up and do, so congrats on working towards that! (Maybe see you at the WDW '07 Marathon? That's what I'm training for right now... maybe I should start another thread for this... )
    OH please do, we could find a charity and plan a sponsership program for other MiceChatter to sponser us. 07 is a very realistic goal for me to be ready for a marathon. If I can make a marathon work- I can make a relationship work too!

*Muah* MegarooFifi, lemme know when you get that tread generated and where and lets see how we can coordinate training, events and sponserships-etc.

Comment

First posting as a new member. Found this topic interesting as I am still looking for my Mr. Right. I am finding that the older you get the harder it is to meet a man who shares the same interests (eg. anything Disney).

I have also asked the same question of my happily married or attached friends, "how did you know he/she was the one?" The most common response was it just felt right (to tell you the truth, I have no clue what that means).

Maybe my standards are too high? Read some interesting stories and good advices in this thread. Will take many of them to heart.
      I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now. Edna Mode

Comment

Originally posted by Sasafratz
        The most common response was it just felt right (to tell you the truth, I have no clue what that means).
        I have an idea of what they mean. But that is one of those stories best shared over a beer. (Lot's of beer...that story involves me doing a few stupid things. :botox: )

Comment

Maybe you and ah schucks can get together and share your beer stories and then you can tell them to us!
          Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
          Help support the site you love:
          -Visit the MiceChat store
          Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
          MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqueen
            Maybe you and ah schucks can get together and share your beer stories and then you can tell them to us!
            Maybe, one day, we ca all get together and share stories which require alcohol for the telling. I have little doubt that some here have some great ones.

Becides, no one would want to hear mine (I hope someone believes this...). They are all of sadness, depression, and sometime large amounts of stupidity.

Comment

Gwyren we all have those stories

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

Gwyren we all have those stories
                <nods> And mine need to stay buried! It is hard to maintain a reputation that one is cold as ice if it becomes known that one has flown a girl cross-country and taken her to DL in a failed... uhm...yes...well...

<coughs>

Comment

Man, could I tell you some stories about my brother, trust me, the things he has done for women will make you feel like Casanova! It's not a bad thing to be softhearted and romantic, you just have to find the girl that will appreciate it I know it probably sounds empty, but there is someone out there who will appreciate how sweet you are, you just have to resolve not to settle for anything less!

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

Man, could I tell you some stories about my brother, trust me, the things he has done for women will make you feel like Casanova! It's not a bad thing to be softhearted and romantic, you just have to find the girl that will appreciate it I know it probably sounds empty, but there is someone out there who will appreciate how sweet you are, you just have to resolve not to settle for anything less!
                    <nods> I do believe I need to find a few things first. I need to get to the point where I am, at the least, happier with myself. I would also like to find a place to call home. I have lived in 4 states in 4 years (NY, VA,ID, and now back to CA) and rolling stones do gather no moss (but they do collect a lot of junk. I swear it multiplies in the closet), which often leaves me feeling adrift and somewhat disinclined to form attachments, as ripping them up and having people disappear from your life hurts, especially as it takes me so long to make friends.

Now...as to THAT girl - well, let me just say I had an idea of how things would go on that trip, and it is a GREAT thing that things did not work out, but one of the better memories I have is when I asked her "Hey, on the trip to CA, would you like to go to Disneyland"?

Comment

Originally posted by Gwyren
                      <nods> I do believe I need to find a few things first. I need to get to the point where I am, at the least, happier with myself. I would also like to find a place to call home. I have lived in 4 states in 4 years (NY, VA,ID, and now back to CA) and rolling stones do gather no moss (but they do collect a lot of junk. I swear it multiplies in the closet), which often leaves me feeling adrift and somewhat disinclined to form attachments, as ripping them up and having people disappear from your life hurts, especially as it takes me so long to make friends.
                      Gwyren, I totally know how you feel, I at one point lived in three states (AZ, OR, CA) in less than 10 months. I think you're on the right path, you seem to know what you want to do. It's tough to form attachments when you live the nomadic life, I've been in CA three years now and only now am starting to be willing to form attachments in my own life. Keep your head up, things will work out

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Well ah schucks, it looks like you'll get the chance to make a marathon work...

http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=2340

To make this post back on topic, I'll say that I really feel for you guys who have moved so much! I can't imagine moving so much - I've lived in the same area for over 20 years (we moved here when I was VERY little ) and moved out on my own last year. That moving experience was enough to make me never want to move again! Hopefully things settle down for you, so you have a chance to really let relationships grow and develop....

Comment

Congrats to shucks.

I love moving... new places, new faces, just a change. I've already lived in two diffrent places (and towns!) in the two years I have lived out here and will be moving yet again in another year (following my job). That's one of the good things about having no attachments! Dunno if it makes up for all the bad things, though. *ponders*
                          Good morning, son
                          In twenty years from now
                          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                          And I can tell you 'bout today
                          And how I picked you up and everything changed
                          It was pain
                          Sunny days and rain
                          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland
                            Congrats to shucks.

I love moving... new places, new faces, just a change. I've already lived in two diffrent places (and towns!) in the two years I have lived out here and will be moving yet again in another year (following my job). That's one of the good things about having no attachments! Dunno if it makes up for all the bad things, though. *ponders*
                            Yes. I could not have packed up and headed back to school if I had been attached. I may not have been able to take the opportunity to move to Idaho either when I had that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainfully
                              I'm one of those casual "just see what happens" people... If something does happen, then GREAT!

BTW... I'm a 23 year old female who loves Disney theme parks and baseball. What a nutty combo, eh?
                              Im gonna assume you like the Cardinals, I just wanted to say enjoy my favorite teams best pitcher Mark Mulder. I'm pretty sure you'll win the World Series if he stays healthy.
                              I find it hard
                              It's hard to find
                              Oh well, whatever, nevermind

Comment

The A's will do well again. They do a great job plugging in folks.

I do like Dramaqueen's story of how her husband KNEW she was the one. Those stories are always fun to hear.

Comment

My husband told me that he would marry me after I knew him for like a week.

Clearly, he was right.
                                  �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

How sweet...how long did the courtship last?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X