X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheOtherVillainess
    replied
    I read a lot..and I mean A LOT (just ask my local librarian who groans every time she sees me come in. ). Just not the paper.

I turned in my entry and we have to wait until Fri night late to find out who's got immunity and who has to go to Tribal Council to get voted off. So..here's crossing my fingers.

TOV

Leave a comment:

• Alan
    replied
    Originally posted by TheOtherVillainess
    Uh..I haven't read a paper (except for like my horoscope and the funnies)in years. :confused:

And I'm not that smart. I know that. So writing something INTELLIGENT and FUNNY is a hard concept to grasp for me.

Actually..thanks guys. I think I'll turn it in as is. I'll let you know if I won immunity or if I go before the Tribal Council this week. Thanks. :bow:

TOV
    Sorry, you sound intelligent and you can tell a damn good story.

Leave a comment:

• TheOtherVillainess
    replied
    Uh..I haven't read a paper (except for like my horoscope and the funnies)in years. :confused:

And I'm not that smart. I know that. So writing something INTELLIGENT and FUNNY is a hard concept to grasp for me.

Actually..thanks guys. I think I'll turn it in as is. I'll let you know if I won immunity or if I go before the Tribal Council this week. Thanks. :bow:

TOV

Leave a comment:

• Alan
    replied
    Reading this limits ones communicatioms. If this were delivered in person, there might be a little humpr. Good comedians do not resort to bad language or bodly functions for their humor. They strive for more intelligent and political content. If i were you, I would burn this... pick up a newspaper and get a lillte more contemporary.

Leave a comment:

• TheOtherVillainess
    replied
    Thanks. Being a mom to a boy has sure been an experience. Perhaps I should put that line in there somewhere...if only I could figure out where. Comedy is SO not my strong point. I can do it..but I prefer dark, creepy stuff more than comedy when I'm writing.

TOV

Leave a comment:

• dsnylndmom
    replied
    Being a mom of two boys and one little brother(19 years younger)I can totally relate!!! I thought it was really cute, good job!

Leave a comment:

• TheOtherVillainess
    replied
    Well, my teachers always said "Write what you know." Until I figured out how to get the diaper on fast enough..I would get baptized at least twice a week! :lol:

TOV

Leave a comment:

• Hector
    replied
    Originally posted by TheOtherVillainess
    And I’ve been baptized several times…
    Some made me smile, but that made me laugh out loud :lol:

Leave a comment:

• TheOtherVillainess
    replied
    Ok..thanks Gwyren.

TOV

Leave a comment:

• Gwyren
    replied
    I may not be the best person to respond, but I do not find jokes about excrement to be funny.

Leave a comment:

• TheOtherVillainess
    started a topic Is this funny?

Is this funny?

I am involved in an online competition at another msgboard that's a little bit Wickedly Perfect, a little bit Survivor with a dash of Last Comic Standing thrown in.

This week's challenge is to come up with a comedy bit (no more than 500 words) or song parody to be turned in by Weds 7 pm. So..I was hoping you guys would give me an honest review of what I'm thinking of entering.

Let me know what you think and don't be afraid to be brutally honest. I can take it.

TOV

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X