Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bailey was a 32 hour labor! 32 hours! I went in for my weekly checkup..they did an examine and told me I was at 1cm...Bailey wasn't due for 2 weeks...I knew I could walk around like that forever. Got back to work and started having pains. Called the office to let them know..pains were 6-7 mins...went to dinner (it was hubby's birthday)..pains are about 5 mins...went to hospital around 8:00pm...still at a 1...after walking around the hospital God knows how many times...we got sent home! Come back when you can't stand it!

At home, sleep was a joke! I was in serious pain! Crying..miserable. But pissed off because they sent me home! So about 5:00am, we get up, get dressed, get in the car. Wait! I still dont' want to go to the hospital. I made my husband drive around town for an hour before I let him take me. We get to the hospital, I'm in tears. Check me..I'm only at a freakin 2cm!

Pitocin, pitocin, pitocin! EVIL EVIL EVIL!!!! Demerol was all I had for pain!

Around 3pm, we started to push. Pushed for an hour! NOTHING! OH, wait, your swelling really bad, so let's STOP! More Demerol...drug induced haze..blacking out...an hour later...more pushing...pushing...pushing! 3 hours later! He's born! I have no idea how..I was so physically exhausted! Spent several days in the hospital because I was so completely drained!
    He was perfectly normal!

KAT - was a week late..and not showing any signs of coming out! We induced the week before Christmas! (No way was I going to risk spending Christmas delivering a baby!)..No epidural! More Pitocin! Stadol is your friend! Labor was a breeze! 5 hours! Pushed 3 times! More Stadol after delivery! Did I mention how nice Stadol is!

Her delivery was such a great experience!
    Us girls, we're so magical.
    Soft skin, red lips, so kissable.
    Hard to resist, so touchable.
    Too good to deny it.
    Ain't no big deal, it's innocent. :evil:

Comment

I went into labor at the miniature golf course on a Friday night. I won't give the excruciating details, but late the following Monday afternoon, I had a 10lb 2 oz baby girl. No C-Section but oh, how I loved the anasthesiologist! I was much too young to have a child (16) and it was a thoroughly miserable experience. 10 years later, still no sign of even the inclination to have another. I love my Jr. Sunnygirl, but wow, that was rough.
      Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Why just the Mom's? Because us men don't physically feel the excrutiating pain of child birth??? Sheesh ...

Well, I'm going to tell it anyway.

My daughters birth was relatively normal. Except for the fact that neither I nor my wife knew she was in labor. I was only 20 at the time (she was 22). Like sunnygirl, MUCH too young to have a baby.

She had had a couple of false alarms, but we still went to the hospital because she had pre-eclamsia (sp?). Well, turns out what we thought was heart burn was a baby. And she was born 10 hours later.

The funniest part came the next day when we tried to change the diaper. We were so clueless it wasn't even funny. Well, it was, and is now that we look back on it.

For our Son it was much different. Normal pregnancy, no issues, we were told he was going to be HUGE.

Well, she goes into labor, but then stopped. So they decided to induce the next day.

Next day comes around, they induce at 10am. By 12 (noon) she is getting ready. We had some friends there and some other friends were coming to say hi.

This is how fast it went people.

Our friends left the room when she was going to star pushing. They walked to the elevator to meet our other friends, and then back to the outside of the room. This is maybe a 100 yard round trip that took maybe 3 or 4 minutes. When they came back, our son was out and crying.

I couldn't believe it. It was funny.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot
          Why just the Mom's? Because us men don't physically feel the excrutiating pain of child birth??? Sheesh ...

Well, I'm going to tell it anyway.

My daughters birth was relatively normal. Except for the fact that neither I nor my wife knew she was in labor. I was only 20 at the time (she was 22). Like sunnygirl, MUCH too young to have a baby.

She had had a couple of false alarms, but we still went to the hospital because she had pre-eclamsia (sp?). Well, turns out what we thought was heart burn was a baby. And she was born 10 hours later.

The funniest part came the next day when we tried to change the diaper. We were so clueless it wasn't even funny. Well, it was, and is now that we look back on it.

For our Son it was much different. Normal pregnancy, no issues, we were told he was going to be HUGE.

Well, she goes into labor, but then stopped. So they decided to induce the next day.

Next day comes around, they induce at 10am. By 12 (noon) she is getting ready. We had some friends there and some other friends were coming to say hi.

This is how fast it went people.

Our friends left the room when she was going to star pushing. They walked to the elevator to meet our other friends, and then back to the outside of the room. This is maybe a 100 yard round trip that took maybe 3 or 4 minutes. When they came back, our son was out and crying.

I couldn't believe it. It was funny.
          Aww, thanks for sharing your story. In keeping with your wife's experience, I have heard that the second one is almost always easier than the first. But I'll take your word for it!

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot
            Aw, I'm sorry clink. Didn't think any dad's would bother. What a guy!
            I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
            That explains the trouble that I'm always in...
            sigpic

Comment

Today is the day my firstborn turns 21. I feel so freekin' old it's not funny.

I'm just going to go sit in my rocker by the fire for a while now.....

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

Wow, Momzilla! I was just freaking out a little because I realized my Jr. Miss Sunnygirl was going to be 11 soon. Funny how time flies, huh? They grow so fast.

Comment

It's freekin' scary!
                  lol -my mom told me earlier today that it Really hurts when your oldest is going to turn 60. It never stops!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

At 38 weeks my water broke, which no one believed me until they saw the water all over the floor. I stoped at Wendy's on the way to the hospital for a burger, frys, and a pop. When I got to the hospital I was only 2 12 cm along. They gave me IV meds and knocked my butt out. When it wore off I was given potocin. I labored for 23 1/2 hours and then pushed for 2 1/2 hours his head was coming out, but it was WAY too big for me. So I was rushed off for a c-section. I totally feel like I was left out of my labor having a c-section. Christopher was
                    8 lbs. 4 oz 21 1/2 inches long. He came out with no hair, and still doesn't really have much, being almost 2 now. Chris was born July 29, 2003.

Comment

I was just watching a rerun of Frasier and thought this was HILLARIOUS!!

Roz: Would you have a tooth pulled without novocain?
                      Daphne: No
                      Roz: A tooth is this big!

Made me LOL.
                      �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

OK, Funny stuff...
                        Bella- was actually concieved at WDW...Our little souviner. (nothing dirty or illegeal, just a full 7 day vacation)
                        she was the total 2 weeks late, and they had to induce me.
                        Since I was in a "Training Hospital", I closed my eyes to push, and when I opened them, there were 20 people in the room. I had an audience!
                        They told us we were allowed to take everything but the linens, so my husband walks out with the water pitcher, a whole bag full of gauze...EVERYTHING!!!

Eli- was concieved on my birthday, since it was the only night I wasn't working for about a week and a half.
                        Bella and Eli are 4 days shy of 13 months apart. Definately a suprise!
                        I woke up in labor at 2 a.m. on my due date. After having my membrane stripped that afternoon, walking the mall for 2 hours, and trying the "seduction induction." I was tired of being pregnant, I'd been pregnant for 2 years!
                        I tell Zach I'm in labor, he rolls over and says Its probably just false labor, go back to sleep!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!
                        So while I'm in labor, I pack my bag, pack bellas bag, get her dressed to go over my friend's house, WHILE HE SLEEPS!!!!
                        Since I'm in labor, I'm starving, but the hospital staff brings my husband a breakfast tray, which he eats, in front of me.
                        According to my husband, that was the best coffee he's ever tasted.
                        I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!

Comment

Feeling old? lol, my youngest is 19 , a mom and marrying her sons daddy at disneyland on Sept 18th. I am so happy they are getting married at disneyland its going to be a super celebration.Birth is somthing that last a life time I am starting to believe... you may get them out of the body but never out of the heart and mind ...things are ever changing and its like giving birth all over again.

Comment

Loved all the storys..
                            :crazylegs

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X