This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mascara Suggestions Needed Please!

I have never been able to find a brand or type of mascara that I truly love.

I have tried a lot ... from Maybelline to MAC and have never found anything that is perfect for me. It either irritates my eyes or runs down my face if I get warm at all.

Women of Mice Chat (or men .. you never know!) what mascara do you use and why do you love it?
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Originally posted by Mouse princess
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Re: Mascara Suggestions Needed Please!

I've bounced back and forth between Great Lash, with that lovely pink and green bottle and Bad Girl Lash from Benefit. I LOVE Bad Girl Lash, bu the brush is huge and it takes time getting used to

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

For many years I have used two kinds that I both really like...

First one is the Avon waterproof mascara - goes on nice- does not clump when putting it on .... and obviously it is waterproof (but still easy to get off with mascara remover)

Second one I really like is the Mary Kay waterproof mascara..... same reasons again.

I can't say I like one more than the other and actually have both sitting in my reserves at home (I could open my own cosmetic store yikes!)

I watch the Avon books for sales and they end up being pretty cheap- or just go to Ebay and you can usually find good deals on both kind too.

I am very particular about my mascara and really like both of those.

Comment

Originally posted by dsnylndmom
        I've bounced back and forth between Great Lash, with that lovely pink and green bottle and Bad Girl Lash from Benefit. I LOVE Bad Girl Lash, bu the brush is huge and it takes time getting used to
        I could probably handle the large brush. Is that a Sephora item? The last stuff I bought was from MAC and it was really clumpy! It looks like I applied it with a paint roller. Not attractive!!

Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaJenn
          I could probably handle the large brush. Is that a Sephora item? The last stuff I bought was from MAC and it was really clumpy! It looks like I applied it with a paint roller. Not attractive!!
          http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...egoryId=C10339

You can also get Benefit at Macy's

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

bad girl by benefit...LOVE it...

Comment

Hmmm ... looks like I might have to run by Sephora tonight.

Comment

Boujouis Pump Up the Volume mascara is my favorite. It comes in a great color called "prune" which is a brownish purple. You can pick that up at Sephora or Ulta. It's not smudgey and does not leave raccoon eyes if I forget to wash off my eye makeup.

I tried the Maxi Frange version, but I hate the brush. I'd stick with the volume kind, it's not as messy.
                A signature should go here.

Comment

I am a makeup fanatic and I still use Loreal Voluminous. I have been using it since I was in high school. I don't like the waterproof one cause it never comes off but the none waterproof stays on without running even if your eyes are watering or you have been crying.

It's the best, I highly recommend it!! Cost $6.50 at Walmart.

Comment

I personally love the bareEssencuals mascara... the one with the regular wand (as opposed to the "magic" applicator). It goes on very smoothly, never clumps, and is the perfect shade of black/brown for me!

Edited to add that I used to use Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara before I discovered BE. Its a good mascara, but not a smoothe as BE.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
                    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperbole
                      I personally love the bareEssencuals mascara... the one with the regular wand (as opposed to the "magic" applicator). It goes on very smoothly, never clumps, and is the perfect shade of black/brown for me!

Edited to add that I used to use Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara before I discovered BE. Its a good mascara, but not a smoothe as BE.
                      I just got that in my kit! Glad to hear good stuff about it, I'll give it a shot tomorrow

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I always come back to Great Lash in very black, but lancome makes a lovely mascara that doesn't last terribly long but is great - Definsils (sp?) - they have it at Sephora.

I tried the Bad Girl by benefit- it was ok, but the brush drove me insane!!!
                        "AND CONGRATULATIONS MICECHAT! WE HAVE NOW GONE INTO RELIGION, POLITICS, AND RACISM ON ONE THREAD! HELLS HAT-TRICK!"
                        - PanTheMan

sigpic

Comment

I hate mascara. It always clumps no matter what brand I use. I've given up on the stuff. Eyeliner, on the other hand, is something I can't live without.

Comment

Originally posted by dsnylndmom
                            I just got that in my kit! Glad to hear good stuff about it, I'll give it a shot tomorrow
                            I have the BM mascara also. It's ok...it doesn't go on as thick as the bad girl...so I ahve to use a few coats and it still doesn't look right to me. I do use it on weekends or very light makeup days..

Comment

I use Lancome's Defin...ite? ice? ition? It's rubbed off :lol:
                              I love it because it was free!
                              It works well, doesn't really clump.

I am looking for a great navy mascars. I tried one in Sephora YEARS ago and it REALLY made my eyes stand out. tried finding it again last year and none looked right.
                              Good morning, son
                              In twenty years from now
                              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                              And I can tell you 'bout today
                              And how I picked you up and everything changed
                              It was pain
                              Sunny days and rain
                              I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse