Leave a comment:

• NeverNeverland
    replied
    Glad that it's all better!!!

Leave a comment:

• Gwyren
    replied
    Originally posted by dramaqueen
    Well, it is fixed! YAY! It came out kind of a carmelly blonde with light blonde highlights- the stylist did a fabulous job with it- it looks very natural and I don't feel like a freak of nature anymore!. I will see if my crappy digital camera can capture it. And now I want to see you Jenni!
    I still want to see the spots...

Leave a comment:

• Snacks
    replied
    I am happy for you.......

Leave a comment:

• dramaqueen
    replied
    Well, it is fixed! YAY! It came out kind of a carmelly blonde with light blonde highlights- the stylist did a fabulous job with it- it looks very natural and I don't feel like a freak of nature anymore!. I will see if my crappy digital camera can capture it. And now I want to see you Jenni!

Leave a comment:

• Disneykat
    replied
    DQ- sorry about the hair mishaps. Back in HS I decided I wanted a reddish color to my hair. Reddish brown actually. So being that I was more blonde than I am now, I let my friend do it and my hair looked pink. LOVELY!!!! My Sr. pics look "fabulous" to say the very least.

When I decided 2 yrs later to try again, I went to my stylist cause she's GOOD!!! I was brown/red for a good 8 yrs before I went back to my dark blonde.

For some people dying works great for idiots like me....not so good.

Leave a comment:

• Jennidisneyfer
    replied
    Ok, I did it! Indeed it is strawberry blonde..at least at the roots. I seemed to have had more hair than solution so I kinda ran out before I could do the length of my hair. I just tried redistributing it around and the result was that it's more subtle than I'd hoped. I was looking for more fantastic results. It's kind of a copper/gold color that becomes blonde as it gets further down. It's fine though. I'll try again w/ 2 boxes next time (thanks for the idea Snacks!)

Leave a comment:

• Snacks
    replied
    Well girl you did the opposite of what I did in January.....

I was blonde very blonde..... I thought I should have a pretty brown color.... so I bought 106 nice and easy...... 3 boxes. ( i have lots of hair)...

It went this funky ashy color..........(greenish yellow)

I called the number on the box... cause some of it was the brown color and some wasnt... They credited back the price of the 3 boxes... and my hair went blonde again all on its own...I have to use 116a next time....

never thought my hair would boom-a-rang back to blonde again..... my advice is hang tuff for a month see what your hair is going to do all by itself.... when they ask you if you did a strand test always say YES

Leave a comment:

• Gwyren
    replied
    Originally posted by Jennidisneyfer
    yeah, I guess dark blonde describes it. i've only used the semi-permanant kinds before; many times. sometimes it turns out great, sometimes you can't tell. i've highlighted too also myself) but apparently too much cuz it looked really trailer-trashy...to me.
    <cheers> No Fear Jenni!

Leave a comment:

• dramaqueen
    replied
    well, I wish you good luck I for one, have sworn off of home dye jobs forever! After I get this corrected, I am going to go back to the way God made me

Leave a comment:

• Jennidisneyfer
    replied
    yeah, I guess dark blonde describes it. i've only used the semi-permanant kinds before; many times. sometimes it turns out great, sometimes you can't tell. i've highlighted too also myself) but apparently too much cuz it looked really trailer-trashy...to me.

Leave a comment:

• dramaqueen
    replied
    well, it just depends on what color you are starting with- one thing I didn't know is that blonde hair color cannot lighten you hair if it is darker- hence the reason I bleached it If you are already a lighter brown or even a dark blonde, you should be fine. If you are darker, it probably won't do much or anything.

Just my 2 cents

Leave a comment:

• Jennidisneyfer
    replied
    I bought a strawberry blonde hair color today....I know I should heed DQ's warning, but you know how it is when you've decided to do something....I'm scared!

Leave a comment:

• dramaqueen
    replied
    Thanks for all the advice! I am gonna dig into the emergency fund- I have an appointment at the salon tomorrow- hopefully it won't take too much to correct- I just want to make it a little darker so it looks more natural. I will let you all know how it turns out

Leave a comment:

• dsnylndmom
    replied
    I agree with Meg said with one more option for you. If the salon is just hitting the purse strings a tad too tight, go to a beauty supply store and get a color stripping kit and talk to the girls there. If you can't use the color stripping kit on bleached hair maybe they can refer you to a beauty school where you can get it fixed very inexpensively! Good luck!!

Leave a comment:

• MegarooFifi
    replied
    DQ, what you need on your hair is a purple toner, it will take the yellow out of your hair. (I used products with this all the time) Unfortunately, you will have to go to a salon to get a strong enough toner to take out the yellow - they may need to bleach it again and then tone it. All in all, you will probably have to go to a professional. I'd try going around to a local beauty school if you have one - it will be cheap and an instructor will be definitely watching to make sure everything is done right. Good luck sweetie!

Leave a comment:

• NeverNeverland
    replied
    I've always been told that if you're going to bleach out your hair (esp. the darker it is), it's best to leave that to the pros. I'd be scared to try it, so you at least gets props from for trying!!

Leave a comment:

• dramaqueen
    replied
    Thanks Its a good thing I spend so much time indoors and on micechat

Leave a comment:

• Jennidisneyfer
    replied
    You're making me sad for you
    I think I speak for all your MiceChat friends when we say we like you just the way you are...and the way you were! Heck, we can't see each other!
    Anyway, I know it matters a lot how YOU feel about your hair and I am SURE once you go to a salon they will have a good solution and you'll feel good again. Don't be sad, it'll be ok.

Leave a comment:

• dramaqueen
    replied
    lol- thanks for the laugh, I may just try that.

I would definitely rethink it if I were you. My hair doesn;t look terrible- I mean I can leave the house without looking like a total freak, but it just isn't what I wanted- I just don't feel good about myself like I thought I would.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X