This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Recipes...

okay people...whip out those ladels & mixers!!!
    by the way... i'm in search of a favorite recipe that i've lost!
    it's for pumpkin bars...kind of like pumpkin cheese cake..but in bar form. i've been looking all over & all i can come up with are the ones w/ the cake mix crust...the ones i used to make had an oatmeal crust.
    if anyone has this recipe or can help me find it i'll be wonderfully happy!

Re: Holiday Recipes...

Sorry pixy I can not help you in the baking department, I was looking for the cherry oulets home made. remember these? wisah the girl that made them was still around. I used to pay her 5.00 per pound, it was heaven eating it

Comment

I'm thinking of making a ham for my Christmas party, depending on the cost and quality of ham at the time, of course.

Get out your cookbook for advice on proper oven temperatures and doneness temps for ham.

The basic recipe is:
      Get out the biggest stock pot you own, place the ham larges end down in the stock pot and fill with water to cover as much (preferably all, if your pot is big enough) of the ham as possible. Pull the ham back out and set the pot of water to boil. Once boiling, put the ham back in and add as much extra water as necessary, again, to cover as much ham as possible. Boil for an hour.

With a sharp knife, cut any remaining skin from the ham and score the fat (about 1" diamonds is good).

In a small saute' pan, melt a few tablespoons of butter (start with 3 and go from there as needed), add in several tablespoons of DARK brown sugar, and squirt in yellow mustard until it reaches the consistency of a loose paste (a tablespoon or two of mustard). Smear sugar-mustard paste thickly over the entire ham.

Place ham in a roasting pan and bake, according to recommended temperatures, for about an hour or until internal temperature reaches doneness as prescribed by your cookbook. Take ham out of the oven and rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.

I know that's not exactly a scientific recipe, but "boil and hour, bake an hour" works pretty well for me. By the way, that's starting with a refrigerated ham, not frozen.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Originally posted by pixywingz View Post
        it's for pumpkin bars...kind of like pumpkin cheese cake..but in bar form. i've been looking all over & all i can come up with are the ones w/ the cake mix crust...the ones i used to make had an oatmeal crust.
        Can't help ya there, but a couple halloweens ago I made a pumpkin cream cheese spread that was fantastic on french bread.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

ohmygoodness that ham sounds yummy!!!! dinner is when??? lol

here's one i just got from a friend today...quite timely as i was just hunting around for something easy to make for tomorrow's pot yuck..i mean luck! lolol

Cream Cheese Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 to 6)
          1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
          Salt and pepper -- to taste
          1 pkg dry Ranch or Italian Dressing mix
          1 can cream of chicken soup
          8 oz cream cheese -- cut into cubes
          1/2 cup chicken broth
          1/2 chopped onion

Brush chicken with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a Crock Pot and sprinkle 1/2 pkg dry mix over all. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours. About 45 minutes before done, brown onion in 1/4 cup of juices from Crock Pot. Add soup, remaining half of dry dressing mix, cream cheese and chicken broth. Cook until smooth. Pour over the chicken and cover and cook another 45 minutes.
          Serve with sauce.
          Goes great with rice, stuffing, pasta or mashed potatoes!
          Add in broccoli or other veggies for variety.

Comment

Do a search on kraftfoods.com, they might have it, I know i've seen similar in their magazine recently.

I'll type up some of my favorite holiday recipes tomorrow, and some that I hope to try soon.
            For halloween, I never make anyting special. I did make spider cupcakes last year, but it took forever to do.
            Forthanksgiving, I make impossible pumpkin pie, which is pumpkin pie w/out a crust.
            Quick question, if I want to past something from a website onto here, how do I quote it? So I can put up some of my favorites on here.
            Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Originally posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
              Do a search on kraftfoods.com, they might have it, I know i've seen similar in their magazine recently.

I'll type up some of my favorite holiday recipes tomorrow, and some that I hope to try soon.
              For halloween, I never make anyting special. I did make spider cupcakes last year, but it took forever to do.
              Forthanksgiving, I make impossible pumpkin pie, which is pumpkin pie w/out a crust.
              Quick question, if I want to past something from a website onto here, how do I quote it? So I can put up some of my favorites on here.
              usually just copy / paste works for me :-)

Comment

Kind of like this? (again, don't know how to quote a website, only post a link)

http://www.kraftfoods.com/main.aspx?...ecipe_id=52528
                Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

usually just copy / paste works for me :-)
                  It won't let me paste, that's my problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Morrigoon View Post
                    I'm thinking of making a ham for my Christmas party, depending on the cost and quality of ham at the time, of course.

Get out your cookbook for advice on proper oven temperatures and doneness temps for ham.

The basic recipe is:
                    Get out the biggest stock pot you own, place the ham larges end down in the stock pot and fill with water to cover as much (preferably all, if your pot is big enough) of the ham as possible. Pull the ham back out and set the pot of water to boil. Once boiling, put the ham back in and add as much extra water as necessary, again, to cover as much ham as possible. Boil for an hour.

With a sharp knife, cut any remaining skin from the ham and score the fat (about 1" diamonds is good).

In a small saute' pan, melt a few tablespoons of butter (start with 3 and go from there as needed), add in several tablespoons of DARK brown sugar, and squirt in yellow mustard until it reaches the consistency of a loose paste (a tablespoon or two of mustard). Smear sugar-mustard paste thickly over the entire ham.

Place ham in a roasting pan and bake, according to recommended temperatures, for about an hour or until internal temperature reaches doneness as prescribed by your cookbook. Take ham out of the oven and rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.

I know that's not exactly a scientific recipe, but "boil and hour, bake an hour" works pretty well for me. By the way, that's starting with a refrigerated ham, not frozen.
                    Goonie, you could always "cheat" and make it easier on yourself and get a Honeybaked!!!!
                    Katie :yea:
                    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                    :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

For halloween this year I am thinking of making Kitty litter cake. :lmao:

For Thanksgiving, dinner is all on me. So the turley...stuffing. etc. yep all me.

Christmas i have a gagillion cookies!!! Will try to get recipes soon.
                      Katie :yea:
                      Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                      :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Disneykat View Post
                        For halloween this year I am thinking of making Kitty litter cake. :lmao:

For Thanksgiving, dinner is all on me. So the turley...stuffing. etc. yep all me.

Christmas i have a gagillion cookies!!! Will try to get recipes soon.
                        someone made one of those kitty litter cakes for our bake auction...it grossed everyone out it looked soooo real...you should have heard he 'ewwwwwww!'s when the auctioneer picked up one of the 'kitty poo's & ate it! i'm getting queasy just remembering! haha!

Comment

My only holiday specialty is sugar cookies. They're pretty simple. I do have a bunch of recipes though - I'll try to get some posted.
                          sigpic
                          Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Pixy, as long as you not making Pumpkin Ravioli, i'll try to help.

However I stick to making Cholocate Carmel Squares for holidays.

Comment

ohhhhhh yes! and then there's my creamy pumpkin fudge!!! i know i know...almost everyone goes ..ewwwww! but trust me..it's yummmmy! it's a nice gently flavor...not a knock you out pumpkin taste.

Comment

Ok, I think you should all send me a smapling of each item made, I will tell you how well it tastes, and rate it for you before you serve it. please send it to me as soon as made.... thank you very much. I will try to be as honest and let you know with in the day the package arrives what I think of it. thank you and have a good night

p.s. please email me for my address

Comment

Originally posted by hakuna makarla View Post
                                  Ok, I think you should all send me a smapling of each item made, I will tell you how well it tastes, and rate it for you before you serve it. please send it to me as soon as made.... thank you very much. I will try to be as honest and let you know with in the day the package arrives what I think of it. thank you and have a good night

p.s. please email me for my address
                                  :lol: :lol: :lol:yes! the karla test kitchen!

Comment

All I like is Pumpkin Pie as long as no pumkins were killed or harmed in the process of making the pie. I also don't support un-humane and unethical treatment of pumkins.

Comment

:lol: :lol: :lol:yes! the karla test kitchen!
                                      exactly. and I am free, just think I can test all your foods for free. now thats a bargin !!

:lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
                                        All I like is Pumpkin Pie as long as no pumkins were killed or harmed in the process of making the pie. I also don't support un-humane and unethical treatment of pumkins.
                                        yeah, fake pumpkin, :lol:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X