This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• makeup on carpet?

we have lived here for two years and we are getting ready to move out, so what does my son do???? I bought a magazine with samples of foundation on the cover and he got them and put them in the carpet and walls.
    The walls have come off no trouble but the carpet???
    Anyone know what I can use to get it off??
    Thanks!

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Re: makeup on carpet?

a guess would be to first maybe try makeup remover wipes. after that, resolve has always worked for me!
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

Comment

Okay, this may sound weird but the thing i have had the most luck cleaning carpets with is Windex. I got red wine out of a white carpet once using windex. I would try make up remover first, that should be gentle and might do the trick. Otherwise, Windex can work wonders and it's almost always available!

I also use it to clean my walls.
      �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

we got a steam cleaner (not just for carpet) last year for christmas - it has gotten so many things out of our carpet! Marker, things that we have no idea...it has worked great - and no chemicals.
        sigpic
        Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Originally posted by TinkPink View Post
          Okay, this may sound weird but the thing i have had the most luck cleaning carpets with is Windex. I got red wine out of a white carpet once using windex. I would try make up remover first, that should be gentle and might do the trick. Otherwise, Windex can work wonders and it's almost always available!

I also use it to clean my walls.
          You've been watching too much of My Big Fat Greek Wedding!!!!
          sigpic
          Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Are you serious? Have you try stain remover or clorox in the carpet and on the walls?

Wow, the 50th is over.....

Comment

try baby oil.

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
              MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

Mr Clean Magic Eraser. Just don't rub too hard or it'll fall apart.

Comment

thanks everyone! (can ya tell I don't use much makeup??)

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
                  Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
                  Originally Posted by MWalton
                  :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

Ewwww, Windex on carpet. I was a professional carpet cleaner for 5 years, and there's just some things that will never come out without the use of an incendiary device, e.g. a grenade or a molotov cocktail. Good luck with the make up, there's a few good professional only products out there that I used that would have taken that right out, not entirely sure if there's any home remedies. There's always Google.
                    sigpic

Kongalush! To all you fellow adventurers out there!

Comment

Oh, almost forgot, don't use anything that will leave a residue, then you're just trading a make-up stain for a nice dirt collecting patch on the carpet that'll just get worse and worse over time.
                      sigpic

Kongalush! To all you fellow adventurers out there!

Comment

Spot Shot got grease stains out of our carpet!
                        Good morning, son
                        In twenty years from now
                        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                        And I can tell you 'bout today
                        And how I picked you up and everything changed
                        It was pain
                        Sunny days and rain
                        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

ZOUT, it comes in a gel or spray. Its listed as a fabric cleaner, and its gotten out everything from oily make-up collar stains to food grease to pet stains out of my carpets, clothes, furniture...you name it.

Use that and then rent from Safeway or Longs a steam cleaner and load a little bit of ZOUT in with the normal cleaning solution - my carpets look like they are NEW when i do that! especially in high traffic area's.
                          "AND CONGRATULATIONS MICECHAT! WE HAVE NOW GONE INTO RELIGION, POLITICS, AND RACISM ON ONE THREAD! HELLS HAT-TRICK!"
                          - PanTheMan

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X