This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyebrow Threading

Have any of you done eyebrow threading? Its the new thing to do instead of tweezing and waxing.

I did it for the first time on Sunday. It HURT like MAD! I was starting to freak out towards the middle of the procedure. I had to make the girl stop, she was cool about it. My sister says "oh go and get it done" I ask, " does it hurt" she says "no"

Come to find out she never had it done, what does she know! Silly girl!

But man my eyebrows have never looked so good. I'll do it again but now I know what to expect!

Any experiences?
    Last edited by clara; 09-19-2006, 03:12 PM.

Ta Da!

Re: Eyebrow Threading

I remember...years ago seeing someone get it done. And thought. NOPE!
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by frecky View Post
      I remember...years ago seeing someone get it done. And thought. NOPE!
      Years ago? I was under the impression it was only year or two old?

Here is a picture of what is done:

It was around this point ^^^^ that I started freaking out!

Ta Da!

Comment

Oh no, this was back before I had my youngest daughter. And that was over 4 years ago.
        "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by frecky View Post
          Oh no, this was back before I had my youngest daughter. And that was over 4 years ago.
          Ah so threading has been around for longer than 4 years. I just thought it was fairly new.

Ta Da!

Comment

Two or three years old? Threading is an ancient Middle/Far Eastern practice. It's been around a little longer than two or three years, dear.

Comment

Originally posted by pussnboots View Post
              Two or three years old? Threading is an ancient Middle/Far Eastern practice. It's been around a little longer than two or three years, dear.
              I know THAT I'm saying it has gotten very popular lately, DEAR.

Ta Da!

Comment

Just reading the title "Eyebrow Threading", made me nauseous. I dunno why, maybe the combination of the two words did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Modern Folly View Post
                  Just reading the title "Eyebrow Threading", made me nauseous. I dunno why, maybe the combination of the two words did it.
                  Ha! well...yeah. I was getting nauseated during the procedure..

Ta Da!

Comment

I can imagine. I remember when I got my brows waxed for the first time...ouch

Comment

Dear me!!! LOL Sorry, couldn't resist. I've not done it and I don't plan to. Besides it looking painful, it looks like it takes a while to do. I like waxing because it is relatively quick and painless. With some tweezers to keep things tidy it doesn't have to be too often.

Memo to self: Make appointment for eye brows. It's time.
                      Boo!

Comment

I'll stick to my tweezers.

Comment

I'm really confused. I've walked by a shop where they do that and the ladies eyebrows always look bright red afterwards and their eyes look like they're going to cry. What exactly do they do with the thread?

Comment

Originally posted by PrncssZ View Post
                            I'm really confused. I've walked by a shop where they do that and the ladies eyebrows always look bright red afterwards and their eyes look like they're going to cry. What exactly do they do with the thread?
                            well they thread off the hair. I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, they take the hair in the thread and twist it and off the hair comes. It hurt, like a you know what! My brows were red but not any redder than after waxing. And I still got razor burn type bumps. As for crying, well I was crying..I'm telling you it hurt.

Ta Da!

Comment

I believe they wrap it around the root of the hair and pull?
                              Good morning, son
                              In twenty years from now
                              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                              And I can tell you 'bout today
                              And how I picked you up and everything changed
                              It was pain
                              Sunny days and rain
                              I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Holy Crap! Ouch!!

I had my eyebrows waxed once...ONCE! I'm such a baby, I swear that's the most sensative spot on my body....I have freakin caterpillars on my forehead, but at least I'm not in pain....I don't even like to tweeze, but I will, cause I'd rather have 2 caterpillers than one

Threading??? Heck no, not for me (and I had never heard of it before, but now...NO WAY!!!)
                                thanks for the warning
                                procrastibating

Comment

I used to get my eyebrows waxed. But now I'm at the point I can just maintain them myself with my tweezers.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                                    I believe they wrap it around the root of the hair and pull?
                                    OUCH!! So glad I never volunteered to try it. I would so cry and just leave. I had my eyebrows waxed once. I would do it again because the warm wax felt good. But so far I'm able to keep up with them. Plus I have this nifty little facial razor that I use too.

Comment

OUCH!! So glad I never volunteered to try it. I would so cry and just leave. I had my eyebrows waxed once. I would do it again because the warm wax felt good. But so far I'm able to keep up with them. Plus I have this nifty little facial razor that I use too.
                                      I have one too. I have to use it every other day, but no pain!

Comment

Yes in that pic it does look painful but im most concerned that she has the thread in her mouth and she standing over your facing doing that.

I dont want a gob of spit sliding out her mouth and hitting me in the face...
                                        Originally posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair)
                                        Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X