X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eyebrow Threading

Originally posted by I_luv_Disney View Post
    Yes in that pic it does look painful but im most concerned that she has the thread in her mouth and she standing over your facing doing that.

I dont want a gob of spit sliding out her mouth and hitting me in the face...
    The girl who did mine was not standing right over my face. She was standing next to me, on the side. No slobbers.

Ta Da!

Comment

All I can say is wow... I don't think I'll be looking into that. Waxing with tweezers to follow up definitelly works for me!
      :ap: How much longer? Are we there yet? Why aren't we there yet?:yea:

Comment

You are so much braver than I am, Claribella. I'm too much of a baby to even try waxing. Thanks for sharing the experience....as negative as it may have been. :yuck:
        "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
        - Walt Disney

Comment

I have actually did that it hurt.

Wow, the 50th is over.....

Comment

It's been popular up here in the NW for years.

I wouldn't do it. I've been in for waxes and I've seen the threading done--it's the exact same thing as tweezing. It's just done by a "professional." You're still yanking out eyebrow hairs one at a time. Ouch.

Comment

Huh. I think I will stick to waxing.
              One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Originally posted by Mouse princess
              Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

Waxing is the best, I just never get out to get it done. I tweeze. Forget that threading business, I have always thought it was crazy.
                �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

I love getting my eyebrows threaded for the past 2 years and it sure beats tweezers. I reccommend trying it - you might find that you prefer it to other methods. It depends on who threads your eyebrows, because threading ability varies from person to person. The woman who does my eyebrows is very gentle and gives me a refreshing lotion afterwards.

The threader takes a piece of thread in her mouth and holds the other end with one hand. The free hand grabs the middle of the thread and twists it a few times. Then the twist is placed on top of the unwanted hair and the threader pulls on the string from her mouth. This tightens the twist and accurately pulls out a row of hairs. You are often asked to gently place your hand over your eye and on your forehead to hold your skin firm for threading.

Some women are more sensitive on their periods, so any kind of hair removal during that time isn't reccommended because you may be more responsive to pain.
                  :captain: double the powder and shorten the fuse?

Comment

I've also had my eyebrows threaded and continue to do so till this day. I also got my girlfriend to try it for the first time and she said it hurt like heck. I think she wanted to kill me that first time because I told her it would not hurt and that it was pretty painless. Couldn't stop laughing cause she kept flinching and I could tell she wasn't very happy with me after she was done. She also swore never to get it done again but the following month she was back in the threading shop with me.

As for me, I don't find it all that painful but keep in mind that I have been threading my eyebrows for over a year now. Also, it's cheaper than waxing and I find tweezing more painful cause I am usually grabbing the skin of my eyelid instead of the hair.

I find the lotion afterwards to be refreshing after the threading.
                    I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now. Edna Mode

Comment

um...no thanks. I was my own eyebrows...I started getting it down when I was about 16 and after REALLY paying attention to what they were doing; discovered that the people doing it, either didn't know what they were doing...or didn't care. Cause they didn't look much different after the waxing. So, I do my own...and my friends'. Threading looks scary. Don't think anyone around here does it. Plus, why pay, when I can was them myself?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X