X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stitchy
    replied
    Re: Eyebrow Threading

um...no thanks. I was my own eyebrows...I started getting it down when I was about 16 and after REALLY paying attention to what they were doing; discovered that the people doing it, either didn't know what they were doing...or didn't care. Cause they didn't look much different after the waxing. So, I do my own...and my friends'. Threading looks scary. Don't think anyone around here does it. Plus, why pay, when I can was them myself?

Leave a comment:

• Sasafratz
    replied

I've also had my eyebrows threaded and continue to do so till this day. I also got my girlfriend to try it for the first time and she said it hurt like heck. I think she wanted to kill me that first time because I told her it would not hurt and that it was pretty painless. Couldn't stop laughing cause she kept flinching and I could tell she wasn't very happy with me after she was done. She also swore never to get it done again but the following month she was back in the threading shop with me.

As for me, I don't find it all that painful but keep in mind that I have been threading my eyebrows for over a year now. Also, it's cheaper than waxing and I find tweezing more painful cause I am usually grabbing the skin of my eyelid instead of the hair.

I find the lotion afterwards to be refreshing after the threading.

Leave a comment:

• DisquietingMetamorphosis
    replied

I love getting my eyebrows threaded for the past 2 years and it sure beats tweezers. I reccommend trying it - you might find that you prefer it to other methods. It depends on who threads your eyebrows, because threading ability varies from person to person. The woman who does my eyebrows is very gentle and gives me a refreshing lotion afterwards.

The threader takes a piece of thread in her mouth and holds the other end with one hand. The free hand grabs the middle of the thread and twists it a few times. Then the twist is placed on top of the unwanted hair and the threader pulls on the string from her mouth. This tightens the twist and accurately pulls out a row of hairs. You are often asked to gently place your hand over your eye and on your forehead to hold your skin firm for threading.

Some women are more sensitive on their periods, so any kind of hair removal during that time isn't reccommended because you may be more responsive to pain.

Leave a comment:

• TinkPink
    replied

Waxing is the best, I just never get out to get it done. I tweeze. Forget that threading business, I have always thought it was crazy.

Leave a comment:

• IndianaJenn
    replied

Huh. I think I will stick to waxing.

Leave a comment:

• stinkerbell
    replied

It's been popular up here in the NW for years.

I wouldn't do it. I've been in for waxes and I've seen the threading done--it's the exact same thing as tweezing. It's just done by a "professional." You're still yanking out eyebrow hairs one at a time. Ouch.

Leave a comment:

• sunshinetigerlily
    replied

I have actually did that it hurt.

Leave a comment:

• sealsm
    replied

You are so much braver than I am, Claribella. I'm too much of a baby to even try waxing. Thanks for sharing the experience....as negative as it may have been. :yuck:

Leave a comment:

• Disney_Nut
    replied

All I can say is wow... I don't think I'll be looking into that. Waxing with tweezers to follow up definitelly works for me!

Leave a comment:

• clara
    replied

Originally posted by I_luv_Disney View Post
    Yes in that pic it does look painful but im most concerned that she has the thread in her mouth and she standing over your facing doing that.

I dont want a gob of spit sliding out her mouth and hitting me in the face...
    The girl who did mine was not standing right over my face. She was standing next to me, on the side. No slobbers.

Leave a comment:

• Kaye
    replied

Yes in that pic it does look painful but im most concerned that she has the thread in her mouth and she standing over your facing doing that.

I dont want a gob of spit sliding out her mouth and hitting me in the face...

Leave a comment:

• frecky
    replied

Originally posted by PrncssZ View Post
    OUCH!! So glad I never volunteered to try it. I would so cry and just leave. I had my eyebrows waxed once. I would do it again because the warm wax felt good. But so far I'm able to keep up with them. Plus I have this nifty little facial razor that I use too.
    I have one too. I have to use it every other day, but no pain!

Leave a comment:

• PrncssZ
    replied

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    I believe they wrap it around the root of the hair and pull?
    OUCH!! So glad I never volunteered to try it. I would so cry and just leave. I had my eyebrows waxed once. I would do it again because the warm wax felt good. But so far I'm able to keep up with them. Plus I have this nifty little facial razor that I use too.

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

I used to get my eyebrows waxed. But now I'm at the point I can just maintain them myself with my tweezers.

Leave a comment:

• Tinkerbelle
    replied

Holy Crap! Ouch!!

I had my eyebrows waxed once...ONCE! I'm such a baby, I swear that's the most sensative spot on my body....I have freakin caterpillars on my forehead, but at least I'm not in pain....I don't even like to tweeze, but I will, cause I'd rather have 2 caterpillers than one

Threading??? Heck no, not for me (and I had never heard of it before, but now...NO WAY!!!)
    thanks for the warning

Leave a comment:

• NeverNeverland
    replied

I'm really confused. I've walked by a shop where they do that and the ladies eyebrows always look bright red afterwards and their eyes look like they're going to cry. What exactly do they do with the thread?
    I believe they wrap it around the root of the hair and pull?

Leave a comment:

• clara
    replied

I'm really confused. I've walked by a shop where they do that and the ladies eyebrows always look bright red afterwards and their eyes look like they're going to cry. What exactly do they do with the thread?
    well they thread off the hair. I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, they take the hair in the thread and twist it and off the hair comes. It hurt, like a you know what! My brows were red but not any redder than after waxing. And I still got razor burn type bumps. As for crying, well I was crying..I'm telling you it hurt.

Leave a comment:

• PrncssZ
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

I'll stick to my tweezers.

Leave a comment:

• disneymeimei
    replied

Dear me!!! LOL Sorry, couldn't resist. I've not done it and I don't plan to. Besides it looking painful, it looks like it takes a while to do. I like waxing because it is relatively quick and painless. With some tweezers to keep things tidy it doesn't have to be too often.

Memo to self: Make appointment for eye brows. It's time.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X