This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weight Watchers?

A wonderful resource to help with weight watchers is www.dwlz.com - they have wonderful tips, motivation ideas, recipes. It helped me a lot when I was on WW.
    "Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves" ~ J.M Berrie

Comment

Originally posted by Snookie View Post
      I just started weight watchers since my doctor said I needed to lose 15 to 20 pounds. I did this because my boss has done it for about 6 months and she lost 25 pounds. Has anyone done this program. I would like to her your stories if you have. Thanks.

I think WW is a great program - but not for everybody. I tried it about a year after I got married and I was allowed to have 30 points a day. Well, I was TOTALLY hungry for breakfast, so I went out and had a 17 point breakfast. I blew through my points and more that day - and I realized in about 3 days that it wasn't for me. I picked my own route and I am quite pleased with the route taken.

However, my Mother in law does wonderfully on this program. But my question is - do people stay on WW forever? What happens when you conclude the program?

Comment

You go on lidetime, and you can go to any meeting anywhere for free (IIRC). You do have to WI once a month and if you've gained too much then you lose the lifetime privledges. I also think you have to be lifetime to be a leader.
        Good morning, son
        In twenty years from now
        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
        And I can tell you 'bout today
        And how I picked you up and everything changed
        It was pain
        Sunny days and rain
        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Re: Weight Watcers?

Originally posted by TinkPink View Post
          There is no "diet" in the world that will keep weight off forever, unless you stick to it. You can't lose weight on a diet and then go back to the way you ate before and expect it to stay off.

That is why WW works, it isn't a diet. It changes how you eat and you can stick with it for the rest of your life. Since I got pregnant, I stopped counting points, but I kept up with the general portion sizes and I have kept the weight off and had very minimal weight gain. It is more of a lifestyle.
          yes, thats what I said...you have to do it forever. It was not a lifestyle that worked well for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
            I think WW is a great program - but not for everybody. I tried it about a year after I got married and I was allowed to have 30 points a day. Well, I was TOTALLY hungry for breakfast, so I went out and had a 17 point breakfast. I blew through my points and more that day - and I realized in about 3 days that it wasn't for me. I picked my own route and I am quite pleased with the route taken.

However, my Mother in law does wonderfully on this program. But my question is - do people stay on WW forever? What happens when you conclude the program?
            I was the opposite. When i diet/or try to loose weight, i really watch what I eat. I coudl never get enough points in. At the meetings everyone was going on and on about how they keep gpoing over their points. I simply asked if it was ok not to use them all. the leader/speaker asked how many I had left at the end of the day and I said anywhere from 6 to 10 and she said, "well why don't you just go eat some pizza then.." not helpful at all. When I lost 6 pounds in a week after 2 weeks of not loosing the lady looked at me and said, "what'd you do? cut an arm off?"...it just wasn't for me. It wasn't helpful at all and it was very frustrating. The other huge hurdle for me was there recipes call for low fat and fat fre food. I'm totally against using those. They are usually higher in carbs and they taste funny.

Comment

My wife has done WW on and off, and she still counts points now and then. She'll lose weight while she sticks to the plan, but she doesn't. And she doesn't exercise enough for me to notice. I've learned not to talk about her weight unless she brings it up.

On the other hand, I do not diet for weight loss, but I have lost weight. It's a beneficial side effect of dieting to control cholesterol (w/o medication). I've changed my relationship with food. Before I eat anything, I ask myself, "What will eating this do for my body?" I like food--all kinds. But for the sake of my health, I gave up red meat altogether and try to avoid stuff that has more than 10g of fat per serving. (I make allowances for "good" fats, though.)

And I get plenty of exercise. I'm an avid cyclist--as you can see from my signature. I really enjoy getting out on a bike for more reasons than I care to enumerate here.

Since I made the dietary change two years ago, I have lost 20 pounds and find myself at a healthy weight and still dropping slowly.

Whatever you do, I wish you success. And once you've reached your goal, you need to set a new one--to remain at a healthy equilibrium.
              Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
              2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
              2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone for you comments and suggestions. I think I will be able to stick to this program. I am looking at it as a life style change and not a diet. I go for my first weigh in tomorrow. I have a scale at home but will not use it. I think I will go to meetings for the first 12 weeks and then try it on my own. I love that you can track your points online. My problem was portion control so now that I know how much I should really eat I understand that I was eating too much. I need to lower my cholesterol so my doctor wants to try and do it with my diet and exercise and not medication. It helps that two people in my office are doing it also so I have that support which I really need. Thanks again!

Comment

:clap: That sounds great snookie! Having a support team can make a huge difference! Let us know how things go!
                  �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by TinkPink View Post
                    :clap: That sounds great snookie! Having a support team can make a huge difference! Let us know how things go!
                    I agree, having support is very helpful. I was the most succesful when I did weight watches with my mother. We both had the same struggles.

Comment

I need to lower my cholesterol so my doctor wants to try and do it with my diet and exercise and not medication.
                      Boy that sounds familiar. I was already exercising, but I had to make a major change in the diet, and I lowered my LDL by more than 30 points. I already mentioned giving up red meat, etc. The doctor gave me five months to the next blood test to get it down, so I was very strict at first. I carefully examined food labels and read menus with a critical eye. Now that I've been on it for two years, I've eased up a little, but the "bad stuff" has lost its appeal. It's really not that hard to stick with it.

What changes are you expected to make in your diet? How much exercise (and what kind) is the doctor recommending?
                      Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
                      2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
                      2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
                      sigpic

Comment

I have done and still do, count my points and it works. I will say that like with anything else you need to exercise. Best thing to do is find something you like to do. I started back in May going to the gym at least three times a week, more if my schedule allows. And I have found some nice people there, we chat and help encourage each other. Its kind nice. Good luck with weight watchers, I hope you enjoy it.
                        Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                        Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                        :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Thanks everyone for you encouraging words. I just went to my meeting and lost 2.8 ounds my first week. That made me feel better. I had no idea since I hid my scale at home. I know its only been one week but I actually feel better and think this is going to work for me.

Comment

Thanks everyone for you encouraging words. I just went to my meeting and lost 2.8 ounds my first week. That made me feel better. I had no idea since I hid my scale at home. I know its only been one week but I actually feel better and think this is going to work for me.
                            Fabulous! As I said, I think this is a fine program for many people. It's not the program for me, but it is for some and I'm glad to read that you are excelling in it.

Congrats!

Comment

If the program is done correctly, and you stick to it, it can change your life. It teaches you how to eat and how to live and eat in the real world. I have lost 67 lbs on it over three years, and the most weight I lost was 25 lbs or so when doing the CORE program.

Best of luck!

Comment

I'm currently doing WW and have lost 15 lbs! It's not a quick process but if you do it right you'll do well.

It's not a diet, it's a life change!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaraNoH View Post
                                  If the program is done correctly, and you stick to it, it can change your life. It teaches you how to eat and how to live and eat in the real world. I have lost 67 lbs on it over three years, and the most weight I lost was 25 lbs or so when doing the CORE program.

Best of luck!
                                  Originally posted by mistyisjafo View Post
                                  I'm currently doing WW and have lost 15 lbs! It's not a quick process but if you do it right you'll do well.

It's not a diet, it's a life change!!
                                  Exciting stories! Love hearing stuff about 'positive life changes'.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X