This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kid's "golden birthday"

Are my kids the only ones who want a big party for their "golden birthday" - the year where the age is equal to the date?
    We let the kids have big parties until they were 7, then decided every THREE years they would have a big party. That means ages 10, 13, and 16 would be a big deal. Worked great for the daughter. She turned 16 on the 16th. now my son will be 15 on the 15th.
    If we have a big party, then do I do it again for the 16th b-day? And what kind of birthday party do you have for a 15 year old boy?
    To add insult to injury, big sister will be at DL the week before his bday, thanks to poohnpiglet. So what's a mom to do??

Re: kid's "golden birthday"

I say...make him choose. Tell him that if he wants a BIG Golden celebration this year...then, he can't have one next year. That way..it's up to him. And you're not "the bad guy". Tell him what you were planning for this year..and say..you can have this, this year..and you're BIG party next year..or the BIG party this year and this, next year...make him decide.

Comment

We have parties every year - a birthday is a birthday!!!
      sigpic
      Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Originally posted by BFJen View Post
        We have parties every year - a birthday is a birthday!!!
        oh, we have a party every year with family and a couple of close friends. The BIG parties include the entire youth group from church and many friends from school. Our daughter's party was a murder mystery dinner with 65 people attending. I would do something similar for him at 16 -
        But do other kids think that "golden year" is important, or is it just mine??

Comment

Okay, then you go beyond the call of duty!
          sigpic
          Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

I hadn't heard of a "golden year" birthday before. That works well for kids born early to the middle of the month but people like me born on the 31st would have a long time to wait

I'd say to ask your son which one he'd prefer to celebrate.
            Visit the Hamand Family Blog to see what we've been up to. http://matthamand.blogspot.com

Comment

thats in intresting idea, we just did parties on our big birthdays, 10, 13, 16 18 you know, all the others we got a present and a cake, no matter what age or whatever, ya know

65 people....thats huge, my 18th only had 20, lol

Comment

I got lucky!
                Our church youth group is having a "airsoft tournament" the day before my son's birthday!
                This means 25 kids will be at a vacant field across the street from my house all day, shooting each other. I will provide lunch and birthday cake, and that will be his "party". Works for me!

Comment

I hadn'yt heard of that until I moved out here. Bummer to me, but it's been fun helping my friends celebrate!
                  Good morning, son
                  In twenty years from now
                  Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                  And I can tell you 'bout today
                  And how I picked you up and everything changed
                  It was pain
                  Sunny days and rain
                  I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I had never hear of that!

Sadly mine would have been when I was 3... Darn!!!

Well, I'm sure if I let my DD know this she'll be thrilled.... Her's will be when she is 16. I think I will not inform her of this little golden b'day rule :lol:
                    ~~~:ap:~~~

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X