Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tis the season to start shopping.....

Originally posted by DMof2 View Post
    I used to always be done by Turkey Day but the last few years I wait until December to start so I get better deals.

I hope to stick to my gift card idea posted above and not have to deal with crowds.
    I cant tell you how happy I was when I realized that most grocery stores have gift cards for other places there. I dont always have time to run from store to store, so that makes it REAL convenient.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by frecky View Post
      I cant tell you how happy I was when I realized that most grocery stores have gift cards for other places there. I dont always have time to run from store to store, so that makes it REAL convenient.
      I know!!! I purchased an Old Navy and Sears gift Card at my grocery store last week for bday presents.

Greatest concept!!!!
      ~~~:ap:~~~

Comment

I think gift cards are a cop out. To be honest though, I would rather get a gift card than half the crap I get every year...

Best Buy is the Snickers of gift cards for me!
        Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

Cop out yes...

But it saves a lot of time and aggravation for the gift giver and recipient~

Comment

Originally posted by justjohn View Post
            I think gift cards are a cop out. To be honest though, I would rather get a gift card than half the crap I get every year...

My cousins and brother specifically ask for gift cards. And, when we do the gift exchange in my family, its always gift cards.
            "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

You know I used to think that about gift cards too, but my kids LOVE them. Itunes gift cards are the way to my oldest son's heart and my little one likes Barnes & Noble or Target. Home Depot is like an insta-tent for my husband. Best Buy is a close second.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

My family does a grab bag amongst the adults every year... We usually pick our names on Thanksgiving since we all get together that day.

On our paper we have to write down about 4 things we would like so the person has an idea of what to buy...

Everyone always puts gift cards to:

Target, Best Buy, Old Navy, Bath&Body Works or Sears

Hence, I am sticking with my gift card idea :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by DMof2 View Post
                  My family does a grab bag amongst the adults every year... We usually pick our names on Thanksgiving since we all get together that day.

On our paper we have to write down about 4 things we would like so the person has an idea of what to buy...
                  Thats exactly what we do.

Comment

I totally want a gift card for Bath & Body Works!

Wait a second...

No I don't.
                    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

I totally want a gift card for Bath & Body Works!

Wait a second...

No I don't.
                      Lotion..........I'm just sayin

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by dsnylndmom View Post
                        Lotion..........I'm just sayin
                        yeah, but then people keep asking why my pants smell so pretty.
                        Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

I just bought some PJ pals from Disneyshopping.com for one of the neices. I need someone in CA to get a precious moments for me and ship it...any takers?????? I also need to get to Hallmark and get another precious moments. I'm doing Christmas in Nov with my sister since she will not be able to fly out for Christmas, only thanksgiving (my sister in MN). So i have to get stuff for her too.

I need to make a list. I think i am going to make Christmas ornaments this year too!!!!! Out of Pasta!!!!
                          Katie :yea:
                          Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                          :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

Still working on ideas of what people would like to see under the tree this year. My sister is getting a Crown Royal quilt and my mom may get a new tree skirt. Just found that my sister's BF is addicted to Otter Pops so I'll have to round up a box of those just for fun.

My daughter loves gift cards. Target is her fav, although the one for the mall works well too. Teenagers, go figure. lol

Enjoying the warmth and sunshine of Phoenix between Disney trips.

Comment

i have no clue what to buy anyone this christmas. of course the girls who are 5 and 4 love anything so they will be easy to buy for

Friends for life

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                                Here's a great idea. Shop through the new MiceChat Amazon Store. Anything that you buy through this link will result in a small donation by Amazon back to MiceChat. Everyone wins

MiceChat Recommends Amazon Store *BETA

Okay, so do you get a kickback just from these items? What if I need to go out into the big world of Amazon? Can I tell you what I want and then you put them in the MiceChat store so you CAN get kickbacks?
                                A signature should go here.

Comment

i will probably wait until the day before christmas like i did last year.. UGH

Friends for life

Comment

I went to Costco today to get the tent/tunnel/teepee thingy for the twins and was thrilled to see they have the huge containter of Tinkertoys for just $30 -- it has twice as many in it as the one at Toys R Us for the same price! Two gifts down!

Comment

Have you ever been to South Coast Plaza the day after Thanksgiving? "Good gosh" is all I can say. I park valet from Thanksgiving through Christmas there - otherwise I won't be able to park.

Comment

My problem is I buy now...then I buy more later!! What's wrong with me!! Compulsive shopper?!?!?
                                        "Happiness is a state of mind...." Walt Disney

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

thmar

Comment

Originally posted by thmar View Post
                                          My problem is I buy now...then I buy more later!! What's wrong with me!! Compulsive shopper?!?!?
                                          LOL

Friends for life

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X