• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapunzel
    replied
    Re: Are you one of those girls.....

Originally posted by dramaqueen View Post
    I usually see these kinds of shoes on Asian tourists. It is part of their culture to dress up in public. Me, I wear tennies like a good girl. :ap:
    I second that. There are always Japanese teenagers with heels on. They look really cute in heels too... I guess they learn to deal with it.

Leave a comment:

• alphabassetgrrl
    replied

I used to wear heels all the time when I was 18. Didn't phase me at all. My favorite shoes were 4" spikes. And they were pink.

Things have changed. I don't even think I *own* anything pink anymore; I believe I have successfully purged my closet. I have recently bought a couple pairs of heels but I have a hard time putting together an outfit that's heel-worthy. Usually that means skirts and I don't wear those much. I guess I could put them with jeans but that feels funny now.

Leave a comment:

• The Red Head
    replied

I wear heels every time I go to Disneyland. I have worn heels so long that wearing flats hurts my arches. The heel length varies depending on what I am wearing. I usually wear 2 inch sandals during the summer. In the winter I often wear boots with a 3 and a half inch heel, because boots are easier to walk in on the uneven ground. I wear fancier shoes when we are eating dinner at Club 33, sometimes with a 4 and a half inch heel. As far as the stripper shoes go, I would never wear those to Disneyland, but they are actually pretty comfortable. The ones I have are 6 and a half inches tall, but the front part has a platform that is 2 and a half inches, which really only makes the heel 4 inches and I am used to wearing 4 inch heels.

Leave a comment:

• dramaqueen
    replied

I usually see these kinds of shoes on Asian tourists. It is part of their culture to dress up in public. Me, I wear tennies like a good girl. :ap:

Leave a comment:

• Nephythys
    replied

I rarely wear heels anyway- I am nigh on 6 feet tall in bare feet, and my guy is a little shorter than I am...so I tend to try to diminish my height- not exaggerate it.

But heels to DL (saw them too when I was there not long ago) NO WAY! In fact- it's tennies only- anything else is unbearable by the end of the day.

Leave a comment:

• A&W
    replied

Heels at Disneyland? That's insane. Though, when I was at six flags I saw ladies with them. Boggles my mind! How can their feet not be killing them? I try and look nice with makeup and hair, but tennies are my footwear of choice. Only if I was attending something nice would I wear them. It's crazy though. There's this girl at my school who can sprint in heels. WOW

Leave a comment:

• Kaye
    replied

Stilettos in the park insane.

Just thinking about it hurts my feet.

Love to wear comfortable shoes.

Leave a comment:

• frecky
    replied

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
    Does anyone have a photo of these shoes?
    Next time you go to the park, just look at peoples shoes a bit when youre in line.

Leave a comment:

• ~xxBooxx~
    replied

Originally posted by barfownz View Post

*Sigh* I wish i had pictures, Sorry!

Leave a comment:

• barfownz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Stitchy
    replied

that's SO funny. I asked my husband and BF the same thing on our recent trip. I LOVE high heels, the higher, the better...but, for Disney World...it's tennis shoes or nothing. In them, my feet feel like they are going to fall off, I couldn't imagine high heels. It reminded me of my trip to Korea...me and hubby are hiking up this ridiculously steep hill to this tower thing..and heres two girls...American girls...walking this hill in stilettos. Hill, heck, mountain. I have to admit, I kinda admired them. As clumsy as I am, I'd never have made it up HALF that hill....before I'd be rolling back down. I guess some people have that skill...walk anywhere in heels. Not me.

Leave a comment:

• TikiRoomLiz
    replied

I've seen women at DL with heels too and have wondered the same thing. Before my broken leg I would wear heels to work everyday, but even then I have the sense to wear comfortable shoes to DL.

Leave a comment:

• BFJen
    replied

Teva sandals for me!

But, I bet that the male CM's just love watching the little mini skirts and heels try to get on the matterhorn or splash mountain!

Leave a comment:

• ltlmrm8
    replied

It's interesting... I, too, stare in awe and bemusement at the people who wear heals and such to the park. I always wear comfortable shoes during my visits, but I still make sure to put on a little lip gloss and mascara before I go, just to make sure I look cute in any pictures! So I guess there must be something about Disneyland that makes some of us want to look our best, even though we're just playing all day.

Leave a comment:

• cpdisneyprincess
    replied

Yeah - I don't understand the idea of wearing unsensable shoes to Disneyland - or anywhere where you will be on your feet longer then 1/2 an hour. I wear make-up and do my hair - but I wear flip flops or runners. NOT stripper shoes. Heh. Silly people.

Leave a comment:

• frecky
    replied

Ive seen the girls you speak of. These are usually the girlies who are walking so slow that Im sure snails are begging for them to move outta the way. Like someone else said, my feet hurt from wearing sneakers all day, I couldnt imagine wearing heels.

Leave a comment:

• ladyalmalthea
    replied

Originally posted by Earkid View Post
    ............and then there are those who accompany heels with skirts so short you can read the day of the week on them.
    OMG, love that line.

From what I could tell,some dressed up chicks were locals on dates?
    I dunno, I wear sneakers.

Leave a comment:

• SCUBAbe
    replied

I have worn heels around DL a few times. I was there 4 days for work once and I would walk around instead of changing all the time. Also when I stay there sometimes I bring nice clothes if I know we will be going somewhere nice to eat. Sometimes I meet up with my BF and his family and they go to really upscale places. I'm sure at a glance people think I'm crazy, but I'm not in them all day. That would probably kill me now, but back in the day when I had to wear heels daily it wouldn't have bothered me at all. Heels would defiantly not be my first choice if I knew I would be there all day...LOL

Leave a comment:

• NeverNeverland
    replied

I HATE high heels. If i have to wear 'em, they're low and chunky. Can't imagine wearing them to the park at all... let alone ALL day!!

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Earkid
    replied

............and then there are those who accompany heels with skirts so short you can read the day of the week on them.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X