This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send some Pixie Dust my way will ya?

I'm going to need it. Tomorrow I go into the dr's office to have some..er..well..moles looked at. I've had them for awhile..three or four years at least..and I'm just NOW going into have them looked at. Why didn't I do it before? Because I am lazy. Plus..I don't want to hear what the dr might have to tell me. Also..there is a mole in my..well, let's call it my groin area..that's starting to worry me. It's gotten large,dark and irregular in shape. Which I've heard is a sure sign you've got skin cancer. So I don't know. I'm going to have it looked at and see what the dr says.

So send some spare pixie dust my way if ya got it. I'm gonna need it. I am scared to death of what I might have to hear tomorrow.

TOV

Hit 'em where it hurts..right in the sales aisle.Help support the 'girl-cotting' of A&F. Pass the word..tell your mom,your sister,your wife and girlfriends.Show your support for women everywhere by supporting the girl-cotting of Abercrombie.

Originally posted by TheOtherVillainess
    I'm going to need it. Tomorrow I go into the dr's office to have some..er..well..moles looked at. I've had them for awhile..three or four years at least..and I'm just NOW going into have them looked at. Why didn't I do it before? Because I am lazy. Plus..I don't want to hear what the dr might have to tell me. Also..there is a mole in my..well, let's call it my groin area..that's starting to worry me. It's gotten large,dark and irregular in shape. Which I've heard is a sure sign you've got skin cancer. So I don't know. I'm going to have it looked at and see what the dr says.

So send some spare pixie dust my way if ya got it. I'm gonna need it. I am scared to death of what I might have to hear tomorrow.

TOV
    It is not a "sure" sign, but it is a sign that it needs to be tested. Better to get it looked at and taken care of now than wait and worry about it.

Comment

I know and I've just been lazy about it. But now I'm getting it looked at,which is a good thing. But I can't convince myself not to be very,very nervous or fatalistic about the whole thing.

TOV

Hit 'em where it hurts..right in the sales aisle.Help support the 'girl-cotting' of A&F. Pass the word..tell your mom,your sister,your wife and girlfriends.Show your support for women everywhere by supporting the girl-cotting of Abercrombie.

Comment

Crossin my fingers for ya!
        "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

Dont worry, most of the time they are normal. I had some that I was worried about. When I went to the doctor's she looked and said, "Nope! Everything is fine!"

So, don't panic! Everything will be ok!

Comment

Of course!!!
            *sprinkles fairy dust*
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
            And I can tell you 'bout today
            And how I picked you up and everything changed
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain
            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Good luck today! We'll be thinking about you. Keep us posted. Hang in there.
              A signature should go here.

Comment

Good luck. It will be okay.

Comment

I've had several moles removed and have several that still need to be removed. None of them have ever been cancerous. Don't worry about it too much. Just keep on top of them, I need to do more of that myself.
                  �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

When I went to the dr. about my mole, he said just to keep an eye on it. He said if it ever gets any larger than the head of an pencil eraser to go in to have it examined.

Good Luck :Sprinkle: :Sprinkle:
                    ...it's been a long time.

Comment

So I went to the dr yesterday. He said only one of the moles, the one in my groin region,looks cancerous. The rest, the big floofy ones anyway,he's going to pop off two at a time. I have to go to THREE seperate appts to get them all taken off because there's six in all and he only wants to do them two at a time.

So that's the good news. The bad news is there's going to be a HUGE friggin scar when he takes off the one in my groin. >_< Oh well. That's the price I pay.

I also found something I had previously thought was a mole is actually scar tissue. :botox: It's on my scalp and the dr looked at it. He asked me if I'd ever burned myself with a curling iron and I was like "Well,yeah probably at some point I did,but I don't remember it. Why?" "Because it looks like a curling iron burn, that's why."

TOV

Comment

I had a bad one in the arch of my foot. It was sensitive to touch and pretty big (for mole standards). I finally had it removed, it had "deep roots" but it was benign. I was also warned that it could grow back. So far, so good. 6 years later, no scar, no new spot.

Everything is going to turn out great for you too!!!

Comment

TOV, first off a scar can be sexy He just said the one "looks like a could be" right? I'm sending tons and tons of pixie dust for it to just "look like it" and not be it! You're going to be fine!! <<hugs>>

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Pixie dust is on its way, hon!! You did a good thing by going now. My mom kept putting her mole off, until the darn thing turned GREEN and bled, but she still survived it. You should be fine.
                            disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

Yeah..he said he's going to do something called a punch biopsy of it and then remove it totally.

Actually,scars don't bother me that much. I have a ton of them. There's a big one on my right elbow from where they had to go in and pin my elbow back together after a fatal encounter with a brick wall in 4th grade. I also have a neat set of scars that sort of resemble the big dipper on that same arm (encounter with some abrasive chemicals at a job once). Scars are NOTHING.

TOV

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X