This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displaying postcards

I collect postcards that friends have sent me from their vacations and I want to be able to display them in my room in some way, but I don't want to tape them to paper or tape them to the wall.
    Any suggestions?
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Re: Displaying postcards

They have those boards that you can buy. Memory boards I think they are called. Its a board with the fabric on it, and then there is ribbon criss crossing all over where you can stick things into. That way you arent putting holes or tape on/in whatever you want to show off.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by frecky View Post
      They have those boards that you can buy. Memory boards I think they are called. Its a board with the fabric on it, and then there is ribbon criss crossing all over where you can stick things into. That way you arent putting holes or tape on/in whatever you want to show off.
      That is what I do.
      Also, if you have a few that are extra pretty or are favorites, you could frame them and hang them up that way.
      Good morning, son
      In twenty years from now
      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
      And I can tell you 'bout today
      And how I picked you up and everything changed
      It was pain
      Sunny days and rain
      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

That's what I do.... I frame a few nice ones that are my faves.

Comment

If you have a lot consider buying a poster size frame and do a collage with them.
          ~~~:ap:~~~

Comment

Originally posted by DMof2 View Post
            If you have a lot consider buying a poster size frame and do a collage with them.
            Cool idea!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Comment

I use picture frames with 4x6 openings, for how ever many I want to display together -- anywhere from 3 to 16. You can mount with tape or those old-fashioned photo or postage stamp corner mounts.
              Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
              The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

I once did a collage in a big picture frame.

All great ideas!
                "But every night, when it gets dark
                and the stars come out,
                I'll look up on her behalf.
                I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

Originally posted by DMof2 View Post
                  I might do that, but i'd have to find one that won't make a hole in my wall or that won't peel the paint off my wall with the poster tape. My dad's mad enough as it is about the number of holes in my walls and if he sees any others, he'll flip.

Only problem is that I lack the creativity gene to anything like a collage. I tried before it it didn't look too great.

But if I wanted to display them and still be able to turn them over to read what's on the back, it would be hard.

I had seen somewhere once upon a time in a catalogue, a postcard holder. It looked like a giant shower curtain with slots for big and small postcards. But my mom threw it out, not knowing I had something marked in it.
                  Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Bet if you search the internet, you might be able to find something like that again
                    tHey do make showers curtain where you can put your own pics and stuff in them.
                    Good morning, son
                    In twenty years from now
                    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                    And I can tell you 'bout today
                    And how I picked you up and everything changed
                    It was pain
                    Sunny days and rain
                    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I have a HUGE collection of Disney postcards. I have framed some of my favorites in ready made frames with the right size matting. These are easy to come by at Target or Aaron Brothers (or just about anywhere). I will often change out the postcards when I want a new "gallery show".

The rest are kept in small Disneyland snapshot albums. These are loose leaf albums with plastic sleeves that are the perfect size for postcards. I organize them by Land.

Comment

What you need is something like this...

If you do a google search for "picture pockets" You might find someone who sells them here in this country. Or you might be able to make something like that. Wal-Mart or craft stores sell clear vinyl of various thicknesses pretty cheap. You might be able to get a couple of yards of that, sew it into "pockets" to put the post cards in, and make a type of photo curtain out of the postcards!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                        all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

great ideas...i've got some absolutely 'prehistoric' post cards that i inherited & have had no idea what to do with them! so there they sit...in albums in a bookcase :-(

Comment

I have another idea. If you want a conversation piece, get an old coffee table., lay the postcards how you want them arranged on the table. Then put a piece of glass over the top of the postcards to fit the coffee table. Make sure the glass is sanded and finished.

I found something else you may want to consider. It's room divider where you don't have to put holes in your walls. And you can display your postcards on one of the solid screens.

Here's the link http://www.orientalfurniture.com/ori...FQxuYAod0TrD5A

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X