This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SO Emotional!!!!

Today was such an emotional day!!! Our little Amanda, who isnt so little anymore, had her "Promotion Ceremony" from 5th grade. She will be in MIDDLE SCHOOL in the fall. I was a weeping mom today. First walking the kids to school was SO hard. Walking home I did all I could to not cry.

The ceremony started at 10:30 and we walked to the school about 10:10. The first few rows were for the students. We waited and waited, and finally they walked in. Before they gave the "promotion" certificates they had awards. Amanda got one for having A's and B's for the first two tri-mesters. :yea: I was a proud mom. A crying mom, but very proud of her.

Then, to top all this off, the performing arts kids sang a song. Well, let me tell you, I cried through the whole thing. It was about growing up and how they will be doing great things and it was just so fabulous.

The ceremony ended, we gave her a rose, and went to her class to get her things. Her teacher this year was wonderful and it was a tearful goodbye.

We walked home and I thought, wow, I have a 6th grader!!! (and a 4th grader now too!!!)

So, I was a mess today. My little girl is so growing up and it is so scary.

Thats all. I know I am probably silly for being so emotional, but it is just hard to believe that she has gotten so big.

Thanks for reading!!!
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

Re: SO Emotional!!!!

please.....I'll probably need tranquilizers for the first day of kindergarten!!!

Haha, you did fine, it's a big step....for her and you. I'm sure she's excited.

Comment

It's over and done
      but the heartache lives on inside
      And who's the one you're clinging to
      instead of me tonight?

And where are you now, now that I need you?
      Tears on my pillow wherever you go
      I'll cry me a river that leads to your ocean
      You never see me fall apart

In the words of a broken heart
      it's just emotion taking me over
      Caught up in sorrow
      lost in the song
      but if you don't come back
      Come home to me, darling
      don't you know there's nobody left in this world tohold me tight
      nobody left in this world to kiss goodnight
      Goodnight, goodnight
      Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

Belle -

Kathleen and I don't have any children (except our pets of course) so I can't directly relate to the kinds of feelings that you had today.

But obviously it was a day for you and Gregg to be proud of your little girl and sad at the same time.

I just wanted you to know that I enjoyed reading your account - and from what I know of you two, your kids have a couple of really cool parents.

Thank you for sharing the story.

--Barry
        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ettt Emoooooooooooootion
          Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

I have 3 going to school, one graduated from kindergarden, one from 7th grade , one from head start. what cutties they were in there caps and gowns. It made me proud and happy to see them doing so well and pressing on. Some peole never get to see this. chin up, its life and happy times !

Comment

Being a parent is always emotional especially when you and they cross these major milestones. Luckily you had the chance to be their with her and literally walk her through part of it.

My baby boy graduated high school a few weeks ago and is now taking summer college courses, altough I was a very pround mom I cried like a baby that night. Thank goodness both my boys still live at home because if and when they try to move out their dad is going to have to move me permanently to Disneyland.
              sigpic

Comment

Awwww. :gladsad: They grow up so fast, don't they? Congrats Amanda! :clap:
                Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Awwww...:squeeze:

Congrats to Amanda!
                  Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
                  FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
                  I bring the magic!!!
                  "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
                  Originally posted by Reverend DMother
                  Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

Awwww!

I have an idea of how you're feeling. There are some milestones in my kids' lives that have been really emotional for me.

Tomorrow my "baby" (who is 12) is leaving to go to camp for 8 weeks! I'm sad that she's loing to be gone that long but excited for her at the same time!

Comment

i cried when my daughter went to preschool. i came home and had to call my mom. last night she made her first basket on a reg sized hoop and i got emotional... i can't imagine any sort of graduation. of course at 7 she is never moving out and wants to live at home forever. yea!!!!

Comment

I have a 3yo and a 1yo and I'm already dreading them going to school.
                        I wish they could stay small forever!

Comment

Congratulations for Amanda!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Thank you everyone for all the support!!! I know I am not the only one who has or is going through this so it helps!!
                            *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

Comment

Wow!
                              Tell her congrats, and congrats to you too for raising an intelligent child!
                              She'll be in college before you know it! Hope all goes well for you and your family :]
                              "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X