X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read any good books lately?

I ask because I just finished a good one,

I picked it up for the title alone, I saw it sitting there on the shelf and thought I just need to know what it's about! I mean who could resist...
    Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons
    I loved it, I have already passed it on to a friend to read.

briefly:
    It's the story of 5 women and their friendship as it evolves over 30 years.
    the glue that holds them together is their monthly bookclub and through that they bond over books, husbands, children and politics.

It was one of the most enjoyable books I have read in a very long time.
    (one of those books that makes you laugh and cry, and laugh through tears....I love when a book can do that!)

I have also recently read
    Can you Keep a Secret? Great, very funny
    The Right Address not so great, but oh well...
    The Second Assistant Suprisingly good, funny

I read a few others that don't make the noteworthy catagory....(see what I do when I can't get to the computer...)

So what are you all reading?
    procrastibating

I just finished a hysterically funny novel called Fluke by Christopher Moore. It's about this guy who studies whale songs who one day sees a whale flip its tail at him. On the underside of the tail is written "Bite me." and the rest of the book just gets funnier and funnier from there. Mostly comedy, but a little bit of mystery thrown in.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hey again! I just started reading The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova.
      The key line: "My Dear and Unfortunate Sucessor,..."
      "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

I have been meaning to start a book thread!

I finally finished Hearts in Atlantis by Stephen King. Really wonderful book. A bit graphic at times, as he delves into the horrors of the Vietnam War.

Next up is The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner. A few of my co-workers and I are reading along with Oprah's Book Club. I have read one page so far :botox:

Books that have been started but I have yet to finish:

The Ersatz Elevator Lemony Snicket
        Naked David Sedaris
        Insomnia Stephen King
        Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
        I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd
          Hey again! I just started reading The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova.
          The key line: "My Dear and Unfortunate Sucessor,..."
          I heard this was an excellent novel. Are you enjoying it?

Mamabot, Insomnia is a fabulous book, if somewhat cumbersome. I hope you get through it, it freaking mesmerized me.

Comment

I just read Lemony Snicket's Unfortunate Events Book 1. Yeah, it wasn't so good. But I'm supposed to create positive Buzz so YAY GO READ IT!!!
            (Actually, if you have children who can handle the subject matter, I highly suggest it. Anyone with a, say, 4th grade reading level or above I don't recommend it.)

Jimmy Buffet's Tales From Margaritaville is anxiously awaiting my vacation. As is a book by Anita Shreve.
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
            And I can tell you 'bout today
            And how I picked you up and everything changed
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain
            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sunnygirl
              Mamabot, Insomnia is a fabulous book, if somewhat cumbersome. I hope you get through it, it freaking mesmerized me.
              I had a hard time with the first chapter. I got bored with it.

I forgot about Hitch Hiker's Guide. Each time I picked it up, it put me to sleep. Never got very far with that one.
              Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
              I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Oh I forgot my vacation book

Rebecca Wells
                YaYa's in Bloom

Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood

has become one of my absolute favorites.

All time favorite Gone with the Wind
                my husband sais I have a Scarlett O' Hara complex and a bit of Southern Belle in me so I tend to like books that put me somewhere warm and toasty down south.

(odd, since I have never lived anywhere further south than Nebraska)

anyway......
                procrastibating

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkerbelle

All time favorite[/U]Gone with the Wind[U]
                  my husband sais I have a Scarlett O' Hara complex and a bit of Southern Belle in me so I tend to like books that put me somewhere warm and toasty down south.

(odd, since I have never lived anywhere further south than Nebraska)

anyway......
                  Ooh, I adored Gone With the Wind. It truly is a beautiful love story, and I totally fell in love with Scarlett O'Hara. I read it like once a year now, it never gets old.

Comment

Gone woth the Wind is one of my favorites!

I just picked up Wicked by Gregory McGuire- very interesting. And of course, in a few weeks is Harry Potter- I hope to have this one done before the next HP comes out.
                    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                    Help support the site you love:
                    -Visit the MiceChat store
                    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

[QUOTE=sunnygirl]I heard this was an excellent novel. Are you enjoying it?

YES! A wonderful visual style, very cinematic especially for a debut novel.
                      The word DRAKULYA appears within the 1st 10 pages - I'm so in!
                      "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

The Clothes Have No Emperor - A Chronicle of the American Eighties. It's not fiction but stranger than. Give it a read if you can find it, it's very funny stuff.

I can't wait for Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince to come out, either. It's going to be hard to read with 3 people all wanting to read it at once. We'll have to have a time share!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

I just love to read! I've read the Angry Housewives book (I thought the first half was much better than the second) and Can You Keep a Secret? One of my favorite authors is Jane Green -- she writes British chick lit! Her books are fabulous!

Right now I'm reading the Walt Disney bio by Marc Eliot. Very interesting...

Next up is the next in the Charlie Bone series (VERY similar to Harry Potter but not as dark) and then the 5th Harry Potter book -- onlye 2 weeks until it is out!! I can't wait!

Comment

"The War of Art" ~ A wonderful, wonderful book.

Comment

I'm in the middle of:
                              The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle
                              by Haruki Murakami

I can't seem to get enough Murakami lately. I went out and bought the entire catalog the other day.

He's a contemporary Japanese writer that has taken the place of Yukio Mishima in the pantheon of contemporary Japenese writers. His work is so engaging and seductive. I fins myself having dreams about the books as I read them. Great stuff - and a new favorite writer for me.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X