Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Wedding Themes

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding Themes

I'm posting so much because I'm all alone in the wedding planning and what better way to get ideas then asking DISNEY FANS! I'm trying to pick a Disney theme for my wedding, and I don't want to do TLM only because I think it might be a little limiting. I was thinking Disney Couples. What do you guys think?

Re: Wedding Themes

If you love Ariel, you should stick with it. Study the wedding scene for pointers. I think it would be cute to have a bride and groom with a Sebastian in the middle.

Check out this site. http://www.favorideas.com/wedding-th...tale-weddings/ Makes me want to get married all over again!

Comment

If you love TLM, go with it. It would be cute to have all disney couples, but then it might be too much and not really just one theme. You can have some disney influence in it, but also beach-themed, land and sea type of thing. Maybe get a small stuffed sebastian for each table or something.

It is such a cute idea!!!

I'll browse around on the net and see what more I can find to help you out.
      Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

My only thinking is that I love the story, not the setting. I adore Disney movies, and I don't want it to be too childish. So I was thinking of studdle hints. Like Paris for the Aristocats or something. I hate starfish, which is all you can get with a sea theme.

Comment

My sister's was Cinderella - she even had the song for her first dance- So this is love. It was all really beautiful- she had a big puffy flowing wedding dress and the old style cars/limo that kinda look like carriages.

If you like TLM - I would go that route. very nice! I like the idea of seashells
          Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Here's some ideas I thought were good, it's still Little Mermaid but also a sort of under the sea theme at the same time.

http://www.dietforbrides.com/blog/20...ytale-wedding/
            Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Originally posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
              Here's some ideas I thought were good, it's still Little Mermaid but also a sort of under the sea theme at the same time.
              See, I don't really like the ocean enough to theme it for my wedding. I love Disney so much that I think it would be better with a more open theme. As perfect as TLM is with our story, I don't think all the sand and seashell is me.

Comment

You can still make a great love story into a beautiful classy wedding, even without the starfish and such. They won't think it's childish, I know I wouldn't. TLM stuff would just add to the theme, and it's a love story that takes place in the sea and on land, even if you don't like the setting, it's part of the story.

I think it's a great idea. It's your wedding, have what you want as long as your soon-to-be hubby agrees.

I think disney couples is too general and too crowding, even with the subtle hints.

Comment

Hmmm... I'm not sure. I'll have to talk to the groom. I just can't picture a TLM theme as well as I can a couples/movie theme. Either that or I could do a Disney Princess theme.

TLM is our story because I went without a voice for so long... so I'm not sure what I could do with that....

Comment

Your 'ocean' for TLM doesn't have to be overt. Use blues and greens as your colors for the wedding, and drape the fabrics in a loose pattern (to imitate 'waves'). Hang lights from the ceiling in a slight 'wave' pattern above the fabric so the light catches onto the 'waves' in the fabrics draped on the table. Anchor the fabric with those blue globes. Use a lot of water (ie floating candles) for centerpieces.

Nothing says you need starfish and seashells and a beach theme. Use the pic in your signature for inspiration.

Comment

Wasn't there a couple of MC-er's who got married about a year ago at which each table had a different Disney couple/movie themed decoration? They were very elaborate and beautiful. I'm getting a sense that the TLM/Sea theme doesn't appeal to you because there can be little to no flowers involved and ... just a guess... you like flowers. I think that to avoid too confusing a theme, there needs to be something over-arching - like royal couples and have crowns and tiara's at every table. Or roses only - but different colors with the different couples.... Good luck with your planning and have fun!
                      Sue B

Math Geek of Randomness

Comment

There is a soundtrack called Disney Love Songs. Maybe you could use some of the songs from it for ideas for different parts of your wedding.

I'm thinking of using the candle song from Pete's Dragon for the candle lighting part of my wedding vow renewal ceremony.

Comment

Originally posted by sueb View Post
                          Wasn't there a couple of MC-er's who got married about a year ago at which each table had a different Disney couple/movie themed decoration? They were very elaborate and beautiful. I'm getting a sense that the TLM/Sea theme doesn't appeal to you because there can be little to no flowers involved and ... just a guess... you like flowers. I think that to avoid too confusing a theme, there needs to be something over-arching - like royal couples and have crowns and tiara's at every table. Or roses only - but different colors with the different couples.... Good luck with your planning and have fun!
                          That was Disneyphile and Frodopotter's wedding, but it was all themed to Disneyland. It is a good jumping off point though - think of simple "princessy" ideas for the ceremony/dresses and then each table at the reception can be themed to a different princess/royal couple.

Having said that, I love the ideas given by SkittleKicks - if TLM is your story and YOUR favorite, then use it. Have a mermaid style gown and use blues and greens in your color palate. Use clear holiday ornaments filled with iridescent shred (think tinsel) for watery bubbles as center pieces. I think you could do TLM without seashells and starfish, but it would be more fun if you did!
                          Last edited by tinkermonkey; 08-07-2007, 04:12 PM. Reason: added link to wedding pics
                          I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you�d meet a kid,
                          then 10 seconds later you�d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X