This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrapbooking Burnout

Have any of you hit this point in your scrapbooking? I feel so badly. I just need to get it out. I have wonderfully filled and finished scrapbooks of our trips to DL/DCA in 2004 and 2005....and then in 2006 we ended up going 3 separate trips, only one of which was scrapbooked...the 2nd and 3rd trips' worth of scrapbook pages sit in a box in my office. Scrapbook is there, cut outs, photos, accessories, everything --just need to be put in the book. And here we are 3/4 of the way through 2007, again 3 trips under our belts with one more in October and though I have empty commemorative scrapbooks at the ready, the wonderful photos are burned onto disks and that's all she wrote. ::sigh:: I need to get my 'groove' back.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Re: Scrapbooking Burnout

I don't know what I have would be called "burnout", but I do ignore my scrapbook pages for weeks (months?) at a time. I have so many other projects going, plus I am a perfectionist so if I can't find the right layout, I tend to stop.

Comment

Hey, if you are a MiceChat Gold member we do have a Scrapbooking Club you can join!

I've been so busy lately that I have been neglecting my scrapbooks, too. I still need to finish last summer's vacation. I think I'm going to focus on going back and just doing the journaling I've been skipping. Hopefully that will help me feel finished with the past parts and then I can move forward.

I'm also going to a scrapbook expo this weekend, and I'll be shopping for motivation for sure!
      A signature should go here.

Comment

You can't look at scrapbooking as a chore. You also can't look at a large amount of photos, and say that I'll never complete "all of that". I find that I concentrate on either one or two pages at a time. I have fun just doing a page or two at a time. While, I am doing the 2 page spreads, I can relive the memory, and have fun finding just the right embellishments to make it look special.

Our attitudes about things have a lot to do with how things turn out. Who says that you have to scrap every picture you ever took? Streamline your projects. I recently did 3 small scrapbooks for 3 consecutuve trips to Disney World. I had a lot of fun. The memories are just as present on those smaller pages, as they would have been, if I had felt the need to do a bigger project.
        BarbaraAnn

Comment

I'm so far behind - I plan on doing a little catching up once the kids are back in school.
          sigpic
          Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
            Hey, if you are a MiceChat Gold member we do have a Scrapbooking Club you can join!
            I was just going to say that!

Like Barbara Ann said, you just have to take it one page at a time. I was so far behind with our trips. Not only do I do a Disney scrapbook for me, but I also do one for each of my two boys. The last Disney trip we took was in February 2007 and the next one will be October 2007. That gave me a lot of time in between trips to catch up. I am down to my final trip in my book and that will catch me up.

You can do it. Just keep looking for the light at the end of the tunnel.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
              You can't look at scrapbooking as a chore. You also can't look at a large amount of photos, and say that I'll never complete "all of that".
              I would have to scrap 24/7 to catch up with all my pictures!

Comment

In fact, everyone who looks in this thread needs to join the Scrapbooking Club! :rules:

Please?
                A signature should go here.

Comment

I was doing great with my scrapbooking until I got a digital camera, now printing out the photos has been a chore for me. I not only have to do our trip from July to Bass Lake, but I still have tons to do on my kids books that I started for them...I just cant seem to find the time. I am hopeful that by the time my son starts school, I will be able to catch up some, until then, I am just trying to keep the stuff organized for when I am ready.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

I have all the supplies, but after doing about 8 pages i got bored. It just seems like a lot of work for very little satisfaction...at least for me.

Maybe one day I'll gain my interest back.

Comment

I wonder if there are any Professional Scrapbookers that would take on my books for a fee?! I would happily pay a couple hundred bucks to be able to drop off my empty book, photos or digital disk and then pick them up on 2-4weeks all completed. Business Plan!
                      Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

I'd take you up on that if I didn't have a million other projects to do!

Comment

Originally posted by All4dISNEY View Post
                          I wonder if there are any Professional Scrapbookers that would take on my books for a fee?! I would happily pay a couple hundred bucks to be able to drop off my empty book, photos or digital disk and then pick them up on 2-4weeks all completed. Business Plan!
                          No one else can scrap those photos except you. Let me rephrase that. No one would be able to scrap those pages, satisfactorily, except you. You lived those memories. You know what feelings you want to convey with your photos. A stranger would not have a clue. They wouldn't know the correct order of the photos, or so many other things.
                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

I am far too impatient for scrapbooking ~ I got burned out the first page I tried! I sure wish you could take a survey on colors, styles, write your personal commentary for what you want put in and send it off... that would be great!

My poor family will never have any scrapbooks. In our case I think a stranger doing it would be better than it not getting done at all.

Comment

Originally posted by LLEBREKNIT View Post
                              I tried! I sure wish you could take a survey on colors, styles, write your personal commentary for what you want put in and send it off... that would be great! .
                              I think you can. As Barbarann said, it is best if you can do it yourself, but any scrapbooks are better than pictures shoved in a shoebox. There are also scrapbooks out there that are already laid out and you just drop pictures in. They aren't amazing but they aren't bad either. I've seen them at Michael's for under $20.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X