X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fav Make up brands?

Alright,
    As everybody should know by now i got hired at sephora a few months back and have been working there since we opened a few months ago. Might i add the calgary store haha the one i work at is becomeing on of the best in north america cus we rock!! Anyways back to the topic at hand.

Working with so many brands on a daily basis, i wanted to get your feed back on some of your favourte brands. I Know i have mine and i will go to them all for something else, But what are your fav brands aside from Bare minerals which we can't seem to keep it gotta get used to the demand.. I Personally love smashbox, Urban decacy, perfeckt, Nars, and lorac and of course sephora brand has some great shadows.

Id love to hear about what you all love in skincare as well it kinda helps on stage
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

Re: Fav Make up brands?

My faves?

Bare Minerals, Smashbox & Clinique. I also love Bliss Lemon & Sage Body Butter.

And I swear by Benefit's Boo Boo Zap.

Comment

Clinique for eye cream, cleanser, lotion. I'm also now addicted to the overpriced fresh Sugar lip balm.

Sorry other than Bare Minerals, no other favorites for makeup. Mostly because I'm such a moron when it comes to makeup, they make it easy to use.

Comment

Bare Minerals for foundation and some eye color
        Smashbox for eye shadows and mascara
        Urban Decay for eye shadows
        Lorac for lipglosses
        Cargo for blush
        Too Faced for eye shadow and lipgloss

Comment

Bare Minerals and Smash Box are my faves.
          <3 Chloe

Comment

Bare Minerals for foundations, all over face color, liners and shadows
            Urban Decay for liners and shadows
            Smashbox for primers
            Nars for blush, gloss and some shadows
            Too Faced for gloss and some shadows
            Skincare, Cetaphil for face wash and philosophy for everything else
            Benefit for Boo Boo Zap

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

bare minerals
              smash box
              benefit
              philosophy

Comment

Nars- their super famous blush (which I am afraid of saying) with the Laguna bronzer makes me look alive.
                Bare Minerals-their foundation works for dry skin
                Benefit- I used to love their stuff. Now they changed it up...

Comment

Benefit - all kinds of stuff Bad Gal Lash mascara, Eye-Con, Ooh-la-lift, That Gal
                  Bourgeois - lip gloss
                  Urban Decay - eyeliners and eyeshadows
                  Smashbox - tinted moisturizer and artficial light
                  Sephora brand - any new color eyshadows I'm not sure of, LOVE their long wearing lip stick
                  Philosophy - Purity Made Simple
                  Ojon - hair treatment
                  Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just recently became acquanted with bare esentuals and LOVE it and boo boo zap rules. wish I would have found it a long time ago!! right now my fav eyeshadow is bare esentuals in Envy, a shimmery green. I also love sephora brand liners with sparkle.
                    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

Comment

Sherwin-Williams.

I apply with rollers from Home Depot.
                      --Jonathan

Comment

haha......you must need HEAVY duty coverage!!!

I use Physician's Formula Liquid mineral makeup and really like it. It stays all day, and hasn't made my skin break out.

As for the rest....sorry, girls...I use the cheap stuff. My eyeshadow, blush, lipgloss, coverstick, and mascara is usually NYC, or Wet and Wild. Everynow and then, I will even buy something at the dollar store if I see a cute color. It works good for me....... I refuse to spend loads of money on makeup, when I can get the same results for TONS cheaper.....AND I get to spend all that left over money on what's REALLY important....SHOES!!!!!! haha

Comment

Bare Minerals, just about exclusively for the last 2 years
                          Philosophy
                          Stila lipstick/gloss
                          The Balm-their glosses smell yummy
                          Sephora brand for trying out new colors
                          A signature should go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
                            haha......you must need HEAVY duty coverage!!!

I use Physician's Formula Liquid mineral makeup and really like it. It stays all day, and hasn't made my skin break out.

As for the rest....sorry, girls...I use the cheap stuff. My eyeshadow, blush, lipgloss, coverstick, and mascara is usually NYC, or Wet and Wild. Everynow and then, I will even buy something at the dollar store if I see a cute color. It works good for me....... I refuse to spend loads of money on makeup, when I can get the same results for TONS cheaper.....AND I get to spend all that left over money on what's REALLY important....SHOES!!!!!! haha

If anything but bare minerals kept me from breaking out, I would SO use the cheap stuff... My skin is really fair and sensitive, so if I don't use bare minerals, I wake up the next day with blemishes galore!! I don't wear makeup everyday, though... so it lasts me pretty long.
                            <3 Chloe

Comment

I think since I use SOOO much medicine on my face and work SOOO hard to keep it relatively clear, I'm okay with cheap stuff. Plus, I DO have to wear makeup everyday. Although, today is my last day at work....so, that should end.

Comment

I'm personally a Dior & Shiseido fan but Clinique works well too.
                                "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Urban Decay everything.
                                  "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
                                    Nars- their super famous blush (which I am afraid of saying)
                                    I really love Orgasm blush, but Tarte also has me hooked on their blushes as well.

Originally posted by Stitchy-poo View Post

I used to buy the cheap stuff, and I looked like it. I have no reservations about spending a lot of money on make up. But then again, I have no reservations about spending a lot of money, period. :lol: It's one of the perks of a high salary and many many hours of overtime.
                                    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

^^^I'm Irish-Scottish-German so blush saves me! Blush and bronzer with a big brush. I haven't tried Tarte yet, but their lipgloss names are so cute.

Oh! Covergirl's tru-shine red lipstick is the only red lipstick that I can wear. For pale girls who want to rock the whole rock-a-billy or swing dancer look (or even classic makeup look) it's great! It gets so many compliments because it doesn't look like the fake red lipstick on white paper. It looks like "hey I just had a cherry lollipop." Also the Duwop lip venom hurts as does a bunch of those lip plumpers and they don't plump enough for the pain, but "Chapstick" or "Carmex" mint lipbalm works so well and it's 97 cents.

Comment

I use only BE Bare Minerals or Philosophy Supernatural (I prefer their applicator and often put Bare Minerals in an empty Philosophy jar) as foundation. I also use BE eyebrow powder and eye shadows.
                                        Clinique concealer, lipstick and lip gloss
                                        Nars famous blush
                                        Smashbox for shadows, lip gloss

But I also like some drugstore brands. Maybeline twist up eyeliner pencil, and lip gloss. L'Oreal eye shadow and mascara.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X