This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fav Make up brands?

Oh! Covergirl's tru-shine red lipstick is the only red lipstick that I can wear. For pale girls who want to rock the whole rock-a-billy or swing dancer look (or even classic makeup look) it's great!

I'm SOOO gonna have to try this. I hav elooked and looked and looked over the years for a good red lipstick. My problem is, my lips are already so pink, any red I put on turns bright pink. So, I'll take your word for it, and check it out. Is there a specific name for the shade??

used to buy the cheap stuff, and I looked like it.
    yeah, I know what you mean. But, it's been my experience, that if you know how to properly apply makeup....you can use the cheaper stuff and still get great results. I've tried the expensive stuff.....but, when you get the results for cheaper....why pay more?

Comment

It just says Tru-Shine 430. My lips range naturally in color (when I forget to take my iron my lips vary from berry to blue.) and it looks good.

Comment

cool. thanks. I'm going to check it out for this weekend. There's a classic car show in town, and I wanted to get Rockabilly'd up for it!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
          yeah, I know what you mean. But, it's been my experience, that if you know how to properly apply makeup....you can use the cheaper stuff and still get great results. I've tried the expensive stuff.....but, when you get the results for cheaper....why pay more?

EXACTLY Stitchy... If you know how to put on makeup, you can use anything... This reminds me of an episode of Tyra Banks that I saw-- she had her makeup artist to half of a womans face in expensive makeup & the other half in drugstore makeup and not even the woman who was made over could tell the difference!
          <3 Chloe

Comment

I use Bare Minerals for foundation and the warmth for color. I'm pretty minimalist when it comes to make-up so I just wear some eyeliner and mascara. For those I use Mary-Kay, since I get it for half price (Mom's a consultant) and sometimes the stuff from Victoria's Secret since I used to work there. But I just LOVE the Bare Minerals, it's so easy to use, it blends well (no line on your jaw like your wearing a mask!) and stays put. I get compliments about how even the hot sun my make-up still looks good.

Comment

Another must have: Smashbox's Photo Finish.

Comment

Originally posted by QuietViolet View Post
                EXACTLY Stitchy... If you know how to put on makeup, you can use anything... This reminds me of an episode of Tyra Banks that I saw-- she had her makeup artist to half of a womans face in expensive makeup & the other half in drugstore makeup and not even the woman who was made over could tell the difference!
                I can agree with this to a point. There are some drugstore brands that I still use, Great Lash mascara and Cetaphil cleanser to name a couple. But, my skin has never look better since upgrading my makeup. My breakouts are minimal, same cleansing, moisturizing routine just different makeup. Also, the majority of the makeup I've gotten at Sephora or other department stores last MUCH longer than anything I've gotten at the drugstore. Urban Decay liner for one, it doesn't come off until you take it off and it's vibrant color all day long.

What works for one person may not work for the next. But FOR ME, the brands I've gotten at Sephora far exceed the brands I've tried from my local drugstore.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                  Another must have: Smashbox's Photo Finish.
                  Amen, sista! That is the BEST STUFF EVER. Period.

Comment

I like my covergirl. I always get compliments on my eyelashes(and yes theyre real).
                    Cheap stuff works just as well...or even better.

Comment

Clinique and Bare Escentuals and MAC (eyeshadow and waterproof mascara)

Comment

Originally posted by surfbillab0ng View Post
                        I like my covergirl. I always get compliments on my eyelashes(and yes theyre real).
                        Cheap stuff works just as well...or even better.
                        I use to use the drugstore brands. I have found the expensive stuff far exceeds the drugstore brands and it lasts longer.

I don't feel the "expensive brands" are really expensive. When I compare what I would spend on drugstore brands, which did not last as long, and what I spend on "expensive brands" which last me about 3 times as long. The cost is usually about the same or better.

Comment

I can see your point Scuba. Covergirl is the only place that I can find a red lipstick that doesn't look like I am wearing acrylic paint over my lips. And I've tried EVERYTHING (!!!) from Urban Decay (the marker thing that was supposed to be a stain, which would have been great for me) to a Stila to even Smashbox. Only place that makes a red lipstick for my coloring is Covergirl. It makes me look like I had a red lollipop or cherry bomb from the ice cream man. Wearing red lipstick is one of those things that has been on my "before I die" list. I can rock it now.

Comment

Neutrogena- skin care/foundation
                            B.E. Bare Minerals- foundation, blush
                            Mark- lip gloss/eyeshadow
                            Smashbox- blush/eyeshadow
                            Maybelline- mascara (Lash Expansion)
                            MAC- eyeshadow
                            Avon- eyeliner
                            Benefit-bronzer

As for lipcolor, I'm a lipstick whore. It's my one true makeup weakness. I have just about every brand and I can't stop buying it. My natural lip color is really pale, so I look washed out without some color. It's the one thing I can't go outside without!
                            <o>

Comment

Mac
                              but I am wanting to try new things and be more girly
                              :crazylegs

Comment

Ok I'm gonna break this down since I didn't in my other post.

Foundation: Bare Minerals
                                Eyeshadow: Bare Minerals, Smashbox, Clinique
                                Eyeliner: Lanacome, Smashbox, Avon, Ulta
                                Mascara: I normally don't wear it but I like this Clinique stuff I got free recently
                                Blush: Don't usually wear but when I do, Bare Minerals
                                Lips: Very rarely wear lipstick/gloss, but I do like the "Pixel" shade gloss by Smashbox and "Think Bronze" lipstick by Clinique. Usually I just use my cherry Chapstick.

Comment

I am an Avon Rep so therefore I use LOTS of Avon products
                                  ~~~:ap:~~~

Comment

I use some expensive brands and some drugstore brands:

MD Formulations cleanser
                                    Smashbox Anti-shine (love this stuff) and primer
                                    Everyday Minerals foundation (would use BE but they haven't come out with a matte product)
                                    Maybelline mascara
                                    Covergirl eyeliner (I am looking for a better eyeliner that doesn't give me racoon eyes by the p.m.)

I have tried so many lip glosses but haven't found one I love but I will say that I truly hate BE lip glosses. Blech!

Comment

I'm a MAC girl!!! Sorry Josh. I love all their products. I use bare essentials as well over my studio finish foundation, it helps with the redness and scaring. I have found some drugstore brands that compare to MAC. Like Milani (es) and Jane (blush). But for the most part my paycheck goes to MAC.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X