X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morrigoon
    replied
    Re: I need hair help!

This is going to sound very strange, but go with me on this for a moment. The stuff you want is called Mane 'n Tail, made by Straight Arrow. They make shampoo and conditioner. It's about $8/bottle, but the bottles are huge so it'll last you a while. You should use both, but if you can only get one I'd go for the conditioner. (Be sure and use it as a rinse though, not a leave-in.)
    Last edited by Morrigoon; 10-07-2007, 07:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

Originally posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    this sounds cool, where do I get it?
    Sephora.

Leave a comment:

• Hakuna Makarla
    replied

Originally posted by EvilQueen View Post
    L'Anza makes a leave-in conditioner (it used to be called "Rebalance" in a grey bottle; ask the beauty supply for the current name... these company's change the name and the packaging every 5 years so (a) the kids think it's 'something new' and (b) us old beauticians have to hunt to find our Magic Potions...); this stuff is GREAT, but you have to use it properly...

Hair should be clean and damp; squirt a quarter-sized amount into one palm, and 'whip it' between both palms for a good 30 seconds (like you are rolling a little wad of dough into a ball quickly between 'praying hands'); The conditioner will start to become 'frothy' like a whipped cream - between the heat and the friction of your rapidly moving hands - and you will get the faint smell of oranges. Now, 'scrunch' this into your hair, and allow to air dry (you can blow it dry later; just let it air dry, then re-dampen it slightly and blow it dry). This conditioner has human hair Keratin (protein) in it, and it will creep into your hair and fill up the porosity; don't over-use it (it's just a waste), but you can use it every time you shampoo your hair - or about 3 times a week; what your hair doesn't need, it will just slough off...

Many people use this (incorrectly) and don't get what the 'big deal' is; it's NOT used like regular conditioner, but after you are out of the shower, the way I described; if you don't see the 'froth' or smell the oranges, you are blowing it...

By the way; this conditioner is used by me to 'test' the hair; after using it the way I described, I will re-dampen the hair slightly and look at the ends: if they won't even hold the water (in other words, they still look dry - even when wet), the hair is 'incompetent' and needs to be cut off / trimmed back to health...

Let me know what you think...

EvilQueen - and a Theatrical, TV, & Film Hair Stylist for 25 years
    Very good info!! can you tell me what its called now? and where to get it?

Leave a comment:

• Hakuna Makarla
    replied

Originally posted by sunnygirl View Post
    I use Ojon's hair treatment. It starts as a paste-type substance but when you rub it between your palms it tuens into an oil. You only need to use a little, and it really softens your hair. :love:
    this sounds cool, where do I get it?

Leave a comment:

• JosieGirl71
    replied

Originally posted by aimster View Post
    Do you have Trade Secret? You can find the TIGI products there.... or at most salons.
    I think I can find the Tigi products around here which is my first choice.

I looked for the Loreal product that VF suggested when I was at the store yesterday but they didn't carry it. I assume that I will have to look at a beauty supply store for it, along with the product that EQ suggested.

Thanks again for the help!

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

Do you have Trade Secret? You can find the TIGI products there.... or at most salons.

Leave a comment:

• JosieGirl71
    replied

Originally posted by EvilQueen View Post
    Uh, OK; I hope that works / worked well for you...

Always glad to be of help
    I haven't been able to get over to the beauty supply store. Will look for all these great products that everyone has recommended and will let you know what I can find. I don't know that I am going to be able to find some of these products because all we have is a Sally's.

Leave a comment:

• EvilQueen
    replied

Uh, OK; I hope that works / worked well for you...

Always glad to be of help

Leave a comment:

• sunnygirl
    replied

I use Ojon's hair treatment. It starts as a paste-type substance but when you rub it between your palms it tuens into an oil. You only need to use a little, and it really softens your hair. :love:

Leave a comment:

• Villains Fan
    replied

I go swimming a lot and my hair was starting to seriously look like straw. I found two miracle cures. The first is L'oreal's Natures Therapy Mega Moisture Nuturing Creme. This was recomended by two different beauty supply places to me.

And my second miracle cure is putting pure jojoba oil in the ends of my hair, and combing it through, after I wash it and it is still wet (only use a tiny, tiny amount - like 4 drops). This has made a huge difference on the ends of my hair and has given it a lot more body. It also makes it really shiny too.

Leave a comment:

• EvilQueen
    replied

L'Anza makes a leave-in conditioner (it used to be called "Rebalance" in a grey bottle; ask the beauty supply for the current name... these company's change the name and the packaging every 5 years so (a) the kids think it's 'something new' and (b) us old beauticians have to hunt to find our Magic Potions...); this stuff is GREAT, but you have to use it properly...

Hair should be clean and damp; squirt a quarter-sized amount into one palm, and 'whip it' between both palms for a good 30 seconds (like you are rolling a little wad of dough into a ball quickly between 'praying hands'); The conditioner will start to become 'frothy' like a whipped cream - between the heat and the friction of your rapidly moving hands - and you will get the faint smell of oranges. Now, 'scrunch' this into your hair, and allow to air dry (you can blow it dry later; just let it air dry, then re-dampen it slightly and blow it dry). This conditioner has human hair Keratin (protein) in it, and it will creep into your hair and fill up the porosity; don't over-use it (it's just a waste), but you can use it every time you shampoo your hair - or about 3 times a week; what your hair doesn't need, it will just slough off...

Many people use this (incorrectly) and don't get what the 'big deal' is; it's NOT used like regular conditioner, but after you are out of the shower, the way I described; if you don't see the 'froth' or smell the oranges, you are blowing it...

By the way; this conditioner is used by me to 'test' the hair; after using it the way I described, I will re-dampen the hair slightly and look at the ends: if they won't even hold the water (in other words, they still look dry - even when wet), the hair is 'incompetent' and needs to be cut off / trimmed back to health...

Let me know what you think...

EvilQueen - and a Theatrical, TV, & Film Hair Stylist for 25 years
    Last edited by EvilQueen; 10-07-2007, 12:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JosieGirl71
    replied

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    I don't have any great suggestions, but, just ask that you email me a photo when it's done! haha! Oh wait...I will see it at DISNEYLAND when we're there in December !!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!
    You betcha! Can't wait!

Anne - Thanks for the tip. I will see what I can find!

Leave a comment:

• I Heart Disneyland
    replied

I don't have any great suggestions, but, just ask that you email me a photo when it's done! haha! Oh wait...I will see it at DISNEYLAND when we're there in December !!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Princess Buttercup
    replied

^ Hmmmm. Probably both. But they may be easier to find at a beauty products store nowadays because they're not as well known/popular as they used to be .

Leave a comment:

• JosieGirl71
    replied

Can you get it at a beauty supply store or just a salon?

Leave a comment:

• Princess Buttercup
    replied

^ It's like a hot oil treatment only instead of lasting just a few hours , it lasts for a couple of months. It makes your hair look shiny and you get them in clear or colors.

I used to do them all the time when I swam and played water polo in college because I was in the water as much as four hours every day.

Leave a comment:

• JosieGirl71
    replied

I have to blow dry. That is not even an option. You don't want to see me when my hair has dried naturally.

What is a cellophane treatment?

Leave a comment:

• Princess Buttercup
    replied

Low lights with some really good conditioning product built into them and maybe a clear cellophane treatment over all of your hair to protect it from any chlorine or sun damage that you may be getting from your local water and from being outside. Also, blow dry as little as possible . Natural drying is much better for your hair or at least a cool setting on your blow dryer. Drink lots of water too and stay away from caffeine.

All these tips have been a reminder to myself as well!

Leave a comment:

• JosieGirl71
    replied

I have tried Philosophy and wasn't impressed but I will give Bedhead a try! I will see if I can find that John Frieda stuff.

Leave a comment:

• QuietViolet
    replied

In High School my sister decided she was going to bleach her hair and COMPLETELY fried it. She used John Freida Salon deep conditioner damage control and it did WONDERS... it's expensive, but worth it. Bedhead and philosophy are good brands, too.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X