Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted Mansion Holiday inspired craft!

So last year I went to see Haunted Mansion Holiday for the first time, and I became absolutely enamored with it. I especially loved the man-eating wreath. Well, I do a lot of crafting, and I decided to try my hand at making this fellow. So this is the wreath from Haunted Mansion Holiday that I based mine on.

And here's the finished project. Just took some wire, a holly garland, felt for the teeth and skull, ribbon, ping pong balls for the eyes, and a paint pen for the pupils, and some mad skills with a hot glue gun.

And here's a close up.

Tell me what you think, and thanks for looking!
    ~My journey started in the Frontier of the Magic Kingdom, but my heart now lies in Africa. I will always belong in the wilds, be it the frontier or African bush country. I thrive on adventure.~

::WDW College Program Campus Rep::

::Spring Quarter Advantage 2007 Operations::
    :: Kilimanjaro Safari Guide- Again!::
    ::Summer Alumni Program 2006 Operations!::
    :: Kilimanjaro Safari Guide::
    ::Fall 2005 Quick Service Food & Beverage::
    ::Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn Cafe
    ::

"You reach a point where you don't work for money." - Walt Disney

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality." - Walt Disney

Re: Haunted Mansion Holiday inspired craft!

That is so cool!!!!!! You did a fantastic job on it!
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Aw! So cute! Knitty.com has a Jack Skellington ski mask... I posted it on the crafty group.

Comment

That is AWESOME!! Good work... I may have to steal the idea
        <3 Chloe

Comment

Hey that's pretty good!

Comment

Totally cute!!!
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
            And I can tell you 'bout today
            And how I picked you up and everything changed
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain
            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Very cute

Comment

Awesome!
                I plan on making one of those for me front door... I want to make a whole Nightmare before Christmas themed Xmas decoration theme, but it's a bit much to do all this year. Sooo... next year.
                I already have reindeer cut outs to alter into skeleton reindeer, and a head for the scarecrow in a santa outfit...

Comment

What a great job. Bonus features are that you can hang it up in October through the end of December.
                  sigpic

Comment

I love it! I have some holly garland just waiting for this project!!
                    sigpic
                    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Thanks so much! I am heading to DL for the week on Wednesday, so I'm going to pay some extra attention to see if there's anything else I could duplicate.

Also, this was my pumpkin I did last year.

The ears were a bit small. My mom wants me to do another this year, so hopefully I get the ears right. I kind of want to buy one of the Disney carving kits, but I haven't carved in so long, that may be more than a mess.
                      ~My journey started in the Frontier of the Magic Kingdom, but my heart now lies in Africa. I will always belong in the wilds, be it the frontier or African bush country. I thrive on adventure.~

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality." - Walt Disney

Comment

Your very talented!! I like it

Comment

Great job! I made one for my front door, the 1st year
                          after Haunted Mansion Holiday opened! I made mine more
                          Fall-like, and added the long arms, just like the man-eating
                          wreath in the mansion.

I also spray painted a couple of wreaths black, and added
                          Spider and Jack Skellington Lights, red berries, a few dead
                          sticks, and took some see through black material with a
                          spiderweb design, and d it on the wreath. It looks
                          great with purple lights!

Would LOVE to add some of the man-eating plants ~ but
                          I haven't been able to figure out how to do that, yet.
                          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Couldn't you do it with stryafoam? Are you talking about those Venus Fly trap looking things? Or... ohohoh! Papermache and balloons! Get the shape with the paper mache, including the lips, then ping pong balls!

Comment

That's so simple and fun! I love it!

I may just have to make one for my front door this year. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
                                Couldn't you do it with stryafoam? Are you talking about those Venus Fly trap looking things? Or... ohohoh! Papermache and balloons! Get the shape with the paper mache, including the lips, then ping pong balls!
                                I started trying with some fake "potted" poinsettias,
                                and then tried adding a styrafoam (spelling?) egg, cut
                                in half lenthwise. I've taken a couple of pics to get the
                                colors right. and got some colored modeling clay ~ and
                                then gave up (temporarily). The clay would be too heavy
                                even if just using it for the plants lips.

The 2nd year of the HMH, some guest have a Man-Eating
                                Plant Hand puppet that he made! It was terrific! It would
                                be cool to make something like that ~ but he was a professional
                                in that capacity ~ works on stuff like that in Hollywood
                                Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                                An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                                Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                                Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I am thinking paper mache would be the best bet. Get like the water balloons but fill them with air to get the shape right (don't ask me how I know this!) and then a few layers would do you, then do the lips... I don't know how to do the tongue or that.... Hm... now I am thinking. I saw the movie last year and forgot... I didn't even like the movie (I know horrible), but the imagery was fun. Couldn't you do that Crayola modeling stuff? It seems light enough...

Comment

Here are a few of my haunted Mansion Holiday "craft" projects

Doom

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the dark
                                    side. You have paid the price for your lack of vision.

Comment

Doombuggy1969- wow! those are great!

Comment

LOL! Those are awesome!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X