This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concentrated Detergent Question

So, I went to Target a few days ago to get detergent. I always get it at Target. But all they had was concentrated detergent. No joke, they had NO regular detergent!!! So I had to pay more to get what I guess is the same amount since it says you use less.

My issue is... I am allergic to some detergents. Even Tide, the scents I'm ok with but I got Coldwater and itched like crazy!!!
    Is this concentrated stuff made with a much different formula? It would SUCK to have another useless detergent cluttering up my room. But I had no choice in what to get, and I am totally out off my other stuff.

And does this stuff actually work as well or better?

And I guess that I'll have to start buying detergent elsewhere. Stupid Target! Can't believe it's failing me! Is detergent a lot more at the grocery store? Where else can I go? We don't have Wal-Mart nearby.

Excuse the ranmblings lol Any help would be appreciated
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Re: Concentrated Detergent Question

Well it depends on the brand. I use concentrated ALL and it works fine for my sensitive skin, but concentrated Tide gave me a rash. Woolite isn't any good either...
    <3 Chloe

Comment

I think I'm using gain...it seems fine. I'm not to thrilled with the lack of choices down the laundry aisle either.

Comment

Target was out of everything but concentrated?

Hmm. Are they not carrying the products anymore or were they just out?

Since you're so allergic, you should keep an eye out for Allergen (I think that's what it's called? Something like that) or detergents used for babies. you might pay more, but at least you won't have the hassle of an itch.

I'm thankful that detergent doesn't seem to bother my skin.
        "But every night, when it gets dark
        and the stars come out,
        I'll look up on her behalf.
        I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

All and Gain, the regular stuff, make me itch
          Pretty much everything but some Tide does!
          I hope this is ok

I don't get it, I'm not sensitive to anything else, not perfumes or anything. Just detergent.

Trace... they had NONe, like they don't carry it anymore! It was crazy. I was confused! ) They still sell regular detergent elsewhere tight?
          Good morning, son
          In twenty years from now
          It was pain
          Sunny days and rain

sigpic

Comment

I hate concentrated detergent. I always end up with granules of it in my clothes.

I think I would put a little in a cup and add a bunch of water and stir it vigorously before adding it to the machine. That way you can see how well (not well ) it dissolves and if the smell is going to bother you.

Comment

You think its hard to find non-concentrated detergent... We just bough a new washer machine that requires "he" detergent. Its almost impossible to find it in dye free/scent free and they don't sell it in bulk as far as I can tell.

The washer's really cool though )
              Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                Trace... they had NONe, like they don't carry it anymore! It was crazy. I was confused! ) They still sell regular detergent elsewhere tight?
                Detergent was at my Target.

Sounds like yours has problems. I hope you find your regular detergent soon!
                "But every night, when it gets dark
                and the stars come out,
                I'll look up on her behalf.
                I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
                  I hate concentrated detergent. I always end up with granules of it in my clothes.
                  How do you start your load of laundry?

I've eliminated those granules by starting the water first, then I add the detergent and then my clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                    All and Gain, the regular stuff, make me itch
                    Pretty much everything but some Tide does!
                    I hope this is ok

I don't get it, I'm not sensitive to anything else, not perfumes or anything. Just detergent.

The only detergent we can use is Tide Free. Everything else causes itchiness. I'm like you I am not sensitive to anything else but we had to switch because my son has severe eczema and now if I use anything else I start itching like crazy. We also have to let the machine fill up about a 1/4 of the way then add the detergent wait till it fills up about 1/2 then add the clothes. Plus we run the rinse cycle twice.
                    sigpic

Comment

I go through the concentrated stuff twice as fast. And with a family of five, that's muuuuch too fast.

I have to use the "free" stuff, too. No odors or dyes. I can't stand the smell of any of it. I'm way too sensitive--gives me a headache and it's itchy.

Comment

I know Tide started doing the concentrated liquid stuff, found it at my Stater Bros.

Have you tried the stuff for Babies? That's all my friend can use... might be called Dreft?

Comment

my mom gets really itchy with most detergents, but she's found that any of the "Free" (tide free, all free, etc) works fine for her

i also have to use the HE detergent and the Smiths grocery store near my house has it in Free forumla, Tide Free i believe.

and you can find HE detergent at Costco in bulk here in Reno, which makes me think you'd be able to find it elsewhere too
                          Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                          -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                          elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                          Originally posted by pratt55
                          Elly is adorkable.

Comment

We don't have a HE machine, I assume.
                            I saw a woolite colors commercial tonight that intigriged me.

when I use this I will pour it into the water as it comes out... but anything more complicated than that... forget it. i'll TOTALLY forget to come back out (I always forget anyway) and sharing the washer w/3 other people, I can't forget more than I do LOL. But i'll def try.

Maybe I can sell this and the coldwter Tide to my roommate LOL
                            Good morning, son
                            In twenty years from now
                            It was pain
                            Sunny days and rain

sigpic

Comment

I use the concentrated liquid stuff.. we have condo sized hi efficiency front loaders so I use half a much of the concentrated. With HE front loaders, you're supposed to use less detergent becasue the washer uses less water.

Also, the concentrated suff uses less water to begin with and in turn uses less plastic for packing. BUUUUTT... it all goes to waste if you end up not using it! We use the HE Gain type and we just bought a bottle of the concentrated Arm-n-hammer "natural." We haven't used it yet, so no word on how it works.

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by ladyalmalthea View Post
                                I know Tide started doing the concentrated liquid stuff, found it at my Stater Bros.

Have you tried the stuff for Babies? That's all my friend can use... might be called Dreft?

Good call it is Dreft. Tide was no good for me either and we switch to All. Right now we have the concentrated liquid and it works just fine. Even with this dry warm weather I've been low on the scratching.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginarella View Post

I've eliminated those granules by starting the water first, then I add the detergent and then my clothes.
                                  I do the same thing...

My mother puts all the clothes int he washer, pours detergent on and then starts the water.

Comment

How dumb is this? We can only use the Tide Free in powder form. Even the Tide Free liquid causes an itchy reaction. We have tried the All Free which did not work for us and another one but I do not think we have tried Dreft so I will have hubby pick up a small size and see if it works. I hate being limited to having to use one product, one brand.
                                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jerren View Post
                                      You think its hard to find non-concentrated detergent... We just bough a new washer machine that requires "he" detergent. Its almost impossible to find it in dye free/scent free and they don't sell it in bulk as far as I can tell.

The washer's really cool though )
                                      I find that using a half a cup of regular instead of trying to buy the concentrated stuff acually works very well. its gimic to sell you more expensive stuff.

Originally posted by Ginarella View Post

Same here, the detergent needs to melt so to speak in the washer. now that i have a fancy washer now and its also a front loader, I use the generic cheap soap now, yep with no smells and no dyes it acually works for all of us who are alergic. go figure.
                                      Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                                      I do the same thing...

My mother puts all the clothes int he washer, pours detergent on and then starts the water.
                                      my mom does to LOL!

Comment

Wow pratt, that really really sucks
                                        Good morning, son
                                        In twenty years from now
                                        It was pain
                                        Sunny days and rain

sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X