This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

I have a slight dinner dilemma here. What goes with stuffing besides turkey?

I bought some stuffing at the grocery store, and my daughter wants me to make it tonight. Trouble is, I have no idea what else to make with it. Any ideas?
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Re: Help!

Grilled Chicken.
    sigpic
    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Buy a rotisserie chicken and make a salad or steam some veggies--instant nice dinner!

Although I can smell Stove Top stuffing (or any stuffing) 1000 miles away and puke instantly, so warn me before you make it!! :yuck:

Comment

baked chicken, ham, any meat really. I love stuffing!!

Comment

pork chops work well too
          procrastibating

Comment

I was just about to say pork... Had it last night with a pork roast.

Comment

Can't you do anything really? I made latkes and stuffing with fake Malibu chicken. You could do a whole comfort food meal.

Comment

LOVE stuffing!!!!

Comment

I have made this a lot, also works good with left-over turkey or even chicken!

1-2/3 cups hot water 1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken or Turkey 3 cups chopped cooked turkey 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed 1 jar (12 oz.) turkey gravy PREHEAT PLACE turkey and vegetables in 2-quart casserole. Pour gravy over turkey mixture; stir gently, then top with prepared stuffing. BAKE 30 min. or until heated through.
                  Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Mashed potatoes and any meat with a side salad or dinner roles makes a great dinner with stuffing.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Chicken is good with stuffing

but I agree with others. pork .. mmmmmmmmmmmm pork chops

Friends for life

Comment

ORGOCH: Fergit the dang turkey, gal! Whatcha OUGHTTA do is go out an' git yerself a buzzard!! Then do what I does! Stuff it with bats 'n frog legs an' slow roast it over a big ol' fireplace. Baste it with yer fav'rite witches brew, if'n ya like. You'll be thankin' me from now 'til next Thanksgivin' if'n ya take my advice.

Comment

I vote for boneless pork loins. Get a garlic and herb marinade for about an hour (or less if you dont have time) and then either grill or you can bake or pan fry if needed.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

This is what I'm making for dinner later this week (I was going to make it tonight, but we ended up having one of those throw together and bake in the oven Campbell's meals last night that was chicken and stuffing)

I haven't tried it yet, but my 9 year old approved it based on the picture, if that helps.

Layered Meatball Bake

1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
                            1 can (10-3/4 oz.) reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
                            1/4 cup milk
                            1 pkg. (1 lb.) frozen meatballs
                            2 cups frozen peas
                            1 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese

PREHEAT COMBINE soup and milk in 13x9-inch baking dish. Stir in meatballs and peas; sprinkle with cheese. Top with the prepared stuffing.

BAKE 20 to 25 min. or until heated through.
                            I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you�d meet a kid,
                            then 10 seconds later you�d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

Thanks everyone for the yummy sounding suggestions. )

Comment

Originally posted by tinkermonkey View Post
                                This is what I'm making for dinner later this week (I was going to make it tonight, but we ended up having one of those throw together and bake in the oven Campbell's meals last night that was chicken and stuffing)

I haven't tried it yet, but my 9 year old approved it based on the picture, if that helps.

Layered Meatball Bake

1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
                                1 can (10-3/4 oz.) reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
                                1/4 cup milk
                                1 pkg. (1 lb.) frozen meatballs
                                2 cups frozen peas
                                1 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese

PREHEAT COMBINE soup and milk in 13x9-inch baking dish. Stir in meatballs and peas; sprinkle with cheese. Top with the prepared stuffing.

BAKE 20 to 25 min. or until heated through.
                                this sounds yummy

Friends for life

Comment

Wow that does sound good.

Comment

I have to say, stuffed porkchops are one of my favorite fall foods. And very easy. You mix up the stuffing mix, slit the pork chops and stuff them. Bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes. I always check my meat with a meat thermometer.

As a side I usually do baked apples.

Just screams fall to me.

Comment

^^ That does sound perfectly fall - especially when you throw in the baked apples. Sort of a classier version of "pork chops and applesauce"
                                      I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you�d meet a kid,
                                      then 10 seconds later you�d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

Is it wrong that sometimes I just eat stuffing? hehehe

My best score ever!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X