Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turtle Neck Sweaters.....do you like them?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turtle Neck Sweaters.....do you like them?

Now that fall/winter is upon us, I would like to know if you like wearing turtle neck sweaters? I have never been a fan of them. I feel like they are choking me. Even the cow lick type I feel a little too confined.

I like either the button down or v-neck type sweaters.

You?

Re: Turtle Neck Sweaters.....do you like them?

Nope, not me. My neck is really short, so I always feel like I'm being choked. That, and the collar creeps up my neck and chin and just really looks ridiculous on me. Tops with wider, open necks are much more comfortable for me.
    She did it!

Comment

I can't stand turtleneck sweaters. They make my face look very chubby, and they make my neck sweat,
      Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

I used to love them, but since I had my thyroid surgery, I can't even wear normal t-shirts. It's annoying to have anything rub my scar - including necklaces.
        sigpic
        Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

I can't stand turtlenecks either, I feel like I'm suffocating in them. Ok, that and unless you have a really long neck, they're usually not very flattering. Now, I have bought a few mock turtlenecks and they don't bother me. I guess if anything is more than and inch or so up my neck and tight, I can't stand it.

Comment

I can't stand them. I feel like I'm being choked. I don't even like regular crewneck shirts most the time as I feel those choke me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginarella View Post
              Now that fall/winter is upon us, I would like to know if you like wearing turtle neck sweaters? I have never been a fan of them. I feel like they are choking me. Even the cow lick type I feel a little too confined.

I like either the button down or v-neck type sweaters.

You?
              I'm with you. I can't wear anything with a turtleneck. It chokes me, so I just get a normal neck long-sleeved shirt.
              Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                I can't stand them. I feel like I'm being choked. I don't even like regular crewneck shirts most the time as I feel those choke me too.
                Same here.

I have a fat neck so I'm very picky about necklines.

Comment

I will wear one, like if I am in the snow, but I'd really rather just wear a scarf instead.
                  A signature should go here.

Comment

I can't where them either, I have a horrible double chin and it totally emphasizes it. :thumbdown

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Strangely enough, my face is very chubby and round in itself, but when i wear turtlenecks my neck is elongated and my face made thinner. I love them. Also for some of you with problems in chubbyness, colours help. Darker hues and shades are helpful.

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
                      "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

Comment

No turtle neck sweater love from me either... I have a big chest, and having a shirt that goes all the way up to my neck just makes them look wrong.. I prefer v- and u necked shirts because they dont squish the boobs as much...
                        <3 Chloe

Comment

I absolutely hate turtlenecks and mock turtlenecks. Cardigans with cute tops underneath and a scarf are fine since I have to wear a huge coat to go outside. If it's freezing inside someone's house I just wrap up in a blanket. I, too, have a large chest and I am not a fan of the uniboob look so I wear something with a U or V neck.

Comment

Originally posted by QuietViolet View Post
                            No turtle neck sweater love from me either... I have a big chest, and having a shirt that goes all the way up to my neck just makes them look wrong.. I prefer v- and u necked shirts because they dont squish the boobs as much...
                            :lol: Same with the chest here, but i don't think it makes them look too weird. Turtle necks are comfortable too, but scarves are preferred because some of my classes get smoky.

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
                            "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

Comment

Turtlenecks, . . . .

in PHOENIX?????????

BAH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
                              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

:lol: Looks like Angel and I are in the minority here... I like turtlenecks, but right now I only have a couple of them, and they are getting pretty warn so I only wear them around the house if its really really really cold out.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                                all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Love turtlenecks! Besides they hide the hickeys!
                                  susa

Comment

I bought on for Halloween. I like it. I think it lengthens me and makes me look skinny (like I need to be taller. I am 5'10" with a long torso). I run super cold so I like warmth. There's a pattern in Stitch and Bitch that I started that's a cowl knit turtleneck and it's a great sweater. I started it and never finished.

Comment

I HATE TURTLENECKS!!! I don't even like regular necks- rather have a v-neck. Anything around my neck and I feel like I am choking.
                                      Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I like turtlenecks, so far the ones I have don't make me feel like I'm choking. That and my turtlenecks are warm and fuzzy - and I love that!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X