This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for the ladies...

Is a person more desireable if they are with someone or if they are single? A few of my friends and I were talking about this the other day and we noticed that when we're single, the dating pool is fairly shallow, but when we're in a relationship, suddenly we're getting flodded by offers for dates. Is there any truth to this and if there is, why are ladies more attracted to attached men than to single ones?
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Re: A question for the ladies...

I find single men to be more attractive, and I consider women who go after taken men to be of ill repute.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think it is probably true to some extent. I know when I met my hubby and we were almost immediately serious, only then did I have many guys approach me.

Comment

I'd say they are definitely less desirable when they are involved. And even if they were to break up with their significant other on a whim like that, I don't want to date someone who is gonna take off and hook up with the next person that pays them any attention. How stable is that person? Not very.
        A signature should go here.

Comment

To a point. Wanting something you can't have can make it more desirable.

Comment

"Available" is a negotiable word in my world, but I do prefer a girl who is. Wait, that makes me sound like a perv.

I don't know why being in a relationship brings on prospective dates, but I guess I've never experienced that from either side. I don't generally set my sights on a girl who's in a relationship, unless she tells me it's an open one. The girls I've dated have all met my hubby and know that he's cool with me dating.

I'm still not sure that sounds right but it's about as close as I can get.
            I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

I think that the "pool" of available people was always out there , but that people weren't noticing it. I think when people start dating they often start feeling better about themselves inside and so they start smiling more and making more eye contact with people on the outside and that is maybe why suddenly they start attracting more people and getting asked out more often.

So my advice to single people is this ....do whatever it takes to start feeling better about yourself while you are single and then start smiling more and being more outgoing and then you will probably get more dates!

Of course, I haven't dated anyone but my hubby in over 20 years so what do I know? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
                I think when people start dating they often start feeling better about themselves inside and so they start smiling more and making more eye contact with people on the outside and that is maybe why suddenly they start attracting more people and getting asked out more often.
                I think you hit the nail on the head!

Comment

I agree, I think that's a pretty good theory, PB!
                  A signature should go here.

Comment

I think that the "pool" of available people was always out there , but that people weren't noticing it. I think when people start dating they often start feeling better about themselves inside and so they start smiling more and making more eye contact with people on the outside and that is maybe why suddenly they start attracting more people and getting asked out more often.

So my advice to single people is this ....do whatever it takes to start feeling better about yourself while you are single and then start smiling more and being more outgoing and then you will probably get more dates!

Of course, I haven't dated anyone but my hubby in over 20 years so what do I know? LOL
                    You know enough to make me smile, PB. Oooh! This is soooo exciting. I'm giddy with anticipation of being asked out now. Go ahead girls. I'm your man. Don't let this beautiful, effervesent smile of mine go to waste!
                    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

I agree with Princess Buttercup. But for those people who actually only want someone who is unavavailable and already in a relationship remember 'what comes around, goes around'. In other words if you get involved with a cheater, then there is a good chance that they will cheat on you.
                      sigpic

Comment

I completely agree with you. That's exactly what I was going to say. Ever since I started dating I've had people at work tell me how happy I look now, when I'm typically a very happy person. I think once someone is "taken" they have a better feeling about themselves and give off a different attitude. It gives them more confidence, which is attractive in itself for many.

Comment

ONLY if they are single.
                          Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

I've noticed that I get more guys talking to me when I'm going out with someone too. So I have to agree it's because you are happier with your life and I belive that makes you more attractive. I'm not currently in a relationship right now but I've changed my attitude about having someone in my life. I'm just taking it one day at a time and if it happens it happens. I just keep smiling and having fun. Who know some day my prince will come!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sunnygirl View Post
                              I find single men to be more attractive, and I consider women who go after taken men to be of ill repute.
                              I totaly agree, anyone who is interested in someone who is in a relationship is a poor excuse for a human. get some dignity and class.
                              Originally posted by pratt55 View Post
                              I agree with Princess Buttercup. But for those people who actually only want someone who is unavavailable and already in a relationship remember 'what comes around, goes around'. In other words if you get involved with a cheater, then there is a good chance that they will cheat on you.
                              and they so deserve whats coming their way.
                              procrastibating

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                                You know enough to make me smile, PB. Oooh! This is soooo exciting. I'm giddy with anticipation of being asked out now. Go ahead girls. I'm your man. Don't let this beautiful, effervesent smile of mine go to waste!

:lol:

So have you gotten asked out yet Ride Warrior?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X