Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are You Getting Your SO for Valentine's Day?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are You Getting Your SO for Valentine's Day?

So... I have to get my fiance something for Valentine's Day, and I have NO clue what! I've never been with anyone I cared about so much on that day! We won't be together on V Day, but I will see him a few days later.

I was wondering what you guys are planning... maybe I could get a hint?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Re: What are You Getting Your SO for Valentine's Day?

Being that you are quite a distance from each other a nice day together would probably be great.

For Valentine's day Nick and I are going out to a movie and lunch. We don't get many long, peaceful days together so I'm looking forward to this.

Comment

Originally posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
      Being that you are quite a distance from each other a nice day together would probably be great.

For Valentine's day Nick and I are going out to a movie and lunch. We don't get many long, peaceful days together so I'm looking forward to this.
      The gift of time
      He mentioned doing something to celebrate! That sounds good, maybe dinner.
      Hope you two have fun!
      Good morning, son
      In twenty years from now
      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
      And I can tell you 'bout today
      And how I picked you up and everything changed
      It was pain
      Sunny days and rain
      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

My husband and I have made it a yearly tradition to go to Shakespeare Tavern to see Romeo & Juliet. We'll be going the week after Valentine's Day because the weekend after the 14th they'll be performing the Full Text version.

We don't usually exchange gifts or anything. We enjoy being together and doing something fun and romantic.

I think if you can get the roommate out of the place, staying in and cooking would be nice!

One year we made spagehtti & meatballs (I'll send you the recipe if you want!). It was an all afternoon cooking thing (it usually takes about 4 hours to cook so we shopped the previous day) and we sipped the bottle of wine that we used for the recipe while it was cooking. We ate over candle light and after dinner we watched Lady and the Tramp. :love:

Hope some of that helps.
        "But every night, when it gets dark
        and the stars come out,
        I'll look up on her behalf.
        I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

You could also make the modern version of the mixed tape ... a nice little video on YouTube. I made this video for Nick two years ago (where does the time go?).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obje...mbed></object>

Comment

well, not much....maybe a card. I'm not into holidays.

Comment

God, I have no idea. It has to be something good though, cause last VDay I had a nervous breakdown. Literally. Talk about a crappy gift.
              Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have no idea. I'll think of something.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                  So... I have to get my fiance something for Valentine's Day, and I have NO clue what!
                  Something from Victoria's Secret.

I actually spent quite a bit on DH during Christmas and his birthday (which fall within 2 days of each other). I bought him a Pixar coffee table book, an ottoman set and a Bob Gurr autographed famed litho. So for Valentines Day, he'll probably get a DVD set of his favorite old shows, or something similar. Valentines Day isn't too creative around here.
                  As I recall, last year we went out to dinner with a restaurant gift card, going on the 13th so we could use it (and so we'd avoid the crowds).
                  Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                  I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                  on Bay Lake.

Comment

Have NOT thought about it. Went out once years ago for V-day, don't do that a lot. Tooo crazy.
                    We'll probably just do, like, cards. Maybe some Valentine's boxers

Comment

Since my dh returned all the christmas gifts I got him - he's not getting anything but a card for V-Day. We'll probably go out to lunch.
                      sigpic
                      Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Originally posted by BFJen View Post
                        Since my dh returned all the christmas gifts I got him - he's not getting anything but a card for V-Day. We'll probably go out to lunch.
                        I wouldn't be too happy if DH returned everything I'd gotten! Lunch is always good, though. I sometimes cook, sometimes we go out. The restaurants tend to be so full on Valentines Day, like it's an obligation. Having dinner in and watching a movie is always a good alternative for me.
                        Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                        I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                        on Bay Lake.

Comment

We're not big on gifts for Vday. I got one last year, that was huge, but normally we're not too into it. My boys get me a small box of Godiva though :love: I think this year maybe I'll suggest going to bike night, romantic no? But, he loves Bike Night and it's a Thursday and he doesn't get enough bike time so it sounds good.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

our COUNTRY isn't big on valentine's stuff at all

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
                            Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
                            Originally Posted by MWalton
                            :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

I booked a trip to Santa Barbara and Cambria starting a few days after v-day. It ended up being sort of for Valentines day because I have the week of President's Day off work. I'm about 5 months pregnant so it's our last baby-free little trip for a long time!

I don't know what gift to get Stephen though. I know I want some Godiva chocolate covered strawberries! We don't usually go out to any nice restaurant on the 14th. Although, here in Costa Mesa, for the last few years we've gone to Pizza d'Oro. It's just a cheap hole in the wall place--they make heart shaped pizzas on v-day which is really cute! I'd like to get something thoughtful for Stephen but my brain usually just farts in the thoughtful gift-giving department.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X