This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright Guys...Spill it

After reading dj_flips rather cute thread, I got to thinkin'...

What's the craziest thing you have done for a special lady?

Now don't be shy....comeon....

You too ladies...what have you done for a guy?
    Last edited by winder*wonder; 12-11-2009, 04:37 PM. Reason: i was being sexist... :P

Re: Alright Guys...Spill it

I don't usually do a lot of crazy stuff, even when I was younger, but there are a few instances that stand out in my mind.

1) This occurred in 1979, a few months before we were married. We went to Knotts, and they had a parachute ride. I don't know if it's still there or not, but basically it was a tower (like a lighthouse), and it had buckets that two people rode in. It would lift you high up (about 200' I would guess), then drop you most of the way down (free-fall), then go slower as you got close to the ground.

It was a hot summer day, and my wife-to-be had a set of vocal chords that were.....well......lets just say LOUD!! There was a fair-sized crowd waiting in line, and after our trip was done, the operator asked the crowd if he should send us up again.

We got to ride it twice in a row.

2) After we were married, our 'honeymoon cottage' was a 16' camp trailer out on a farm I was running. We had electricity, but had to haul our water. We were about 4 or 5 miles from the nearest neighbor. I worked construction and farming, and she was studying to be a nurse. One night in the cold of winter, I crawled into bed while she was still studying. I could sort of hear her grumble about having to stay up late and do the dishes too. When she was done with her books, she turned to the kitchen sink only to discover that the dishes had already been done. The look on her face was absolutely priceless!!

We lived there for a whole year. we used to kid each other alot about being cooped up for a whole year in a camp trailer, but in reality, we knew that since we survived that, we could survive anything.

3) I don't know if this qualifies as crazy or not, but the two of us built our house together. We did about 95% of the actual work ourselves. It took about 2-1/2 years to complete. I've spent most of my life in the construction trades, so it wasn't that big of a deal to me, but she, being a big-city girl, couldn't believe that anyone could actually do such a thing. I guess the real crazy part of it was that we actually remained on speaking terms with each other throughout the entire project.

4) When I lived in Oregon, my family had cattle on the open range. Every year, we'd spend a couple of days on horseback rounding them up (and their new calves). Really, this was a lot like you'd imagine the old west to be. You actually spend the night out in the middle of nowhere. And ride a horse all day long.

To me, this was normal. To a big-city girl though........I still remember the first time she went along. I'm sure she thought I was more than slightly nuts!

5) Dirt bikes. I probably don't need to say much more. lol.

Rob

Comment

This is old... I know... but I thought I would post.

When my Wife and I weren't officially married we had talked about marriage and it was basically a given but I never made it "official."

Well we were in Vegas for a few days and went shopping in the Caesars Forum Shops. We looked around everywhere and ended up @ Tiffany & Co. This is my Wifes favorite jewelry store as she worked at a local place before we met and knew the in/outs of it all. Anyway, they keep all the platinum and nicer jewelry upstairs and they have a private elevator. In the elevator I got on one knee and proposed (without a ring), and the door opened all the staff was outside the door awaiting her response (I let them know my plans when browsing the store, so it was kinda set up). She thankfully said yes, and I let her pick out her own engagement ring.

It was definitely a once in a lifetime experience.

This was years ago, and to this day I still get Christmas cards from the associate that helped us.

Desires should not be hindered, no matter how difficult life might appear to be.
      If you fail, don't cease; keep going, keep trying.
      Giving up is never an option.

Comment

I spent all night stealing roses from every front yard in the entire city, and the next two cities over, and in the morning, her car and everything around it was covered with about 1000 rose stems.
        Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
        The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

Originally posted by steamboatpete View Post
          I spent all night stealing roses from every front yard in the entire city, and the next two cities over, and in the morning, her car and everything around it was covered with about 1000 rose stems.
          If I woke up and my rose bushes were cut I'd be pisseddddddd.

Desires should not be hindered, no matter how difficult life might appear to be.
          If you fail, don't cease; keep going, keep trying.
          Giving up is never an option.

Comment

AWWWWWWWWW. All of these are incredibly romantic.

well i guess i can share one that my guy did for me:

Before we started dating we worked at the smae place. I had an icredibly lousy week and wasnt feeling up to par and he noticed. He asked what was wrong and I vaguely said I was just having a bad week becuase I ran out of chocolate.
            The next day at work he sent me a text saying he saw something in the company fridge for me, so I look and it was entirely filled with Hershey's chocolate bars (one of my personal favs) and with a note that said "Heard you ran out..."
            <3

Comment

well nothing is official,but.... i never thought i'd meet a girl for me until about 2 months ago, i met her at disneyland and we hung out the entire day, for lunch we went to mcdonald's when i should have taken her someplace better. we kept in touch and we still do, i sent her a christmas card with my startours cast member boarding pass from when the attraction opened. as i said,we're not an item yet, but never say never

Comment

I had just started a long distance relationship with my husband to be, and one late night on the phone, he was impressed taht I had played football and lacrosse. He had never dated a guy who played sports before.

I had a key to his house, for he lived in Sioux Falls and I lived in Colorado Springs--and he figured I'd never just surprise him.

So, I some extra hours off, I hopped in my Neon and zipped out there to do so (a good 14 hours)--he had to work that night, so I got in, made him a huge dinner and then, get this, dug out my old football uniform. Greeted him as he came in and the giggles started.

Is that stupid enough?

Peace,
                Roo
                husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

All of these stories are so cute! I can't wait until I meet someone to share similar moments with :blush:
                  Counting down to Gumball Rally!!
                  Who doesn't love NAPS?!?

Comment

I took my lady to the great Micechat 5th year Anniversary meet. That's pretty sweet.

Comment

I traveled around town with 12 roses on our first aniversary of dating (it was our twelve month anniversary of course) and I hid roses with clues at each of the locations we had memories of, such as the beach we vistied a lot during the summer, the pier, where we first kissed, etc each with a poetic clue leading to the next. Then over the evening we worked from rose to rose with dinner beforehand ending at the spot I asked her out on her first date.

Comment

Moved away to finish school cause she said she couldn't marry me with out my degree, turns out she couldn't take the distance and broke up with me 5 months later. Sorry still a little bitter about it I guess.
                        "Buy the ticket, Take the ride."

Comment

But Gonzotigger, you have THE coolest avatar I've ever seen. "We can't stop here, this is bat country!" *sigh*

I approached my now husband at our high school's back to school night. :lol: That's probably the gutsiest thing I've done to get a guy.

And 8 years, college, jobs, 60 mile commutes, two dogs, two cats, a wedding, and many other memories later, we're still going strong. We feel like we've grown up together, and can't imagine our lives without each other.
                          MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Originally posted by steamboatpete View Post
                            I have a lot of rose bushes in my front yard. One afternoon I hear noise outside and I peek through the drapes and see some guy cutting all our roses. My brother went outside to confront him and the guy said since they were in the front yard where anyone could walk up, it was okay for him to take them all. Umm, no! Turns out his wife had caught him cheating and instead of going out and buying her flowers, he wanted to be cheap about it and just steal roses from other people's yards.

If my guy went and stole flowers from other peoples yards, I wouldn't find it romantic at all. I would find it more embarrassing than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorD View Post
                              I traveled around town with 12 roses on our first aniversary of dating (it was our twelve month anniversary of course) and I hid roses with clues at each of the locations we had memories of, such as the beach we vistied a lot during the summer, the pier, where we first kissed, etc each with a poetic clue leading to the next. Then over the evening we worked from rose to rose with dinner beforehand ending at the spot I asked her out on her first date.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

very romantic, very unqiuely classic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X