Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Folks, Doctors say you need to drink Beer, And LOTS of Beer!!!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folks, Doctors say you need to drink Beer, And LOTS of Beer!!!!

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060612/D8I6KQVG0.html

A main ingredient in beer may help prevent prostate cancer and enlargement, according to a new study.

But researchers say don't rush out to stock the refrigerator because the ingredient is present in such small amounts that a person would have to drink more than 17 beers to benefit.

Oregon State University researchers say the compound xanthohumol, found in hops, inhibits a specific protein in the cells along the surface of the prostate gland.
    The protein acts like a signal switch that turns on a variety of animal and human cancers, including prostate cancer.
    OK, guys, get a case a day.... :lol:
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Folks, Doctors say you need to drink Beer, And LOTS of Beer!!!!

Leave it to the Beavers.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

man I wish root beer counts. I'll take a Barq's over a Budweiser any day of the week.
      Originally posted by aashee
      We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

Cool, just another reason to stock up on some Sam Adams!
        sigpic

Comment

Ok OK guess I have to listen to the doctors orders....its for my health of course:lol:

Friends for life

Comment

Originally posted by Demigod
            Cool, just another reason to stock up on some Sam Adams!
            Or a Sam Jackson!

Comment

This is similar to what has been said in the past. Drinking 2 beers a day (or two glasses of red wine) is reported to help a lot of issues, such as HBP, hypertension, reduce risks of cancer, etc.

Comment

wow lots o beer drinking
                :crazylegs

Comment

I think a lot of the wine as a nutritional supplement articles fail to take into account the fact that the people who can afford to drink a glass or two of wine at dinner can also afford better healthcare and live in better conditions than people who cannot.
                  Woof!

Comment

17 beers a day? Well, I know a few bar drunks that won't be getting prostate cancer anytime soon... heheh.

On a side note... My Grandfather drank several mugs of beer (mugs not bottles, not reaching 17 a day though I don't think) and still developed prostate cancer. Go figure...
                    Disneyland is the right of all sentient beings.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X