X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burger King's newest burger.. Pot Burgers. CNN.com

How stupid can you get?

Story at http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/11/07/po....ap/index.html

ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (AP) -- Two police officers sued Burger King Corp., claiming they were served hamburgers that had been sprinkled with marijuana.
    The lawsuit says Mark Landavazo and Henry Gabaldon, officers for the Isleta Pueblo tribal police, were in uniform and riding in a marked patrol car when they bought meals at the drive-through lane October 8 of a Burger King restaurant in Los Lunas, New Mexico.
    The officers ate about half of their burgers before discovering marijuana on the meat, the lawsuit said. They used a field test kit to confirm the substance was pot, then went to a hospital for medical evaluations.
    "It gives a whole new meaning to the word 'Whopper,"' the officers' attorney, Sam Bregman, said Monday.
    "The idea that these hoodlums would put marijuana into a hamburger and therefore attempt to impair law enforcement officers trying to do their jobs is outrageous."
    Three Burger King employees were arrested and charged with possession of marijuana and aggravated battery on an officer, a felony. They later were indicted.
    The lawsuit, filed Friday in Bernalillo County, alleges personal injury, negligence, battery and violation of fair practices. It seeks unspecified damages along with legal costs.
    Officials at Miami-based Burger King declined to comment, citing a company policy against discussing pending litigation.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Re: Burger King's newest burger.. Pot Burgers. CNN.com

no wonder why i feel relaxed after eating my Double Wopper and keep going their daily.

Comment

Is that what they use to get people to continue eating their product and stay hungry?

Comment

Haha... God people in my city are dumb
        Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala
        ‚Äč

Comment

We have a couple of winners! :lol: I can just imagine the conversation inside the Burger King behind the counter.
          1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

I believe we have found a late entry into the 2006 Darwin Awards... application of a controlled substance onto the meal of an officer of the law. Classic...

I am surprised the Onion has not done something with this yet.
            2006 Ice Hockey Champs! (13-0-0) Bar Room Heroes
            2007 Ice Hockey Champs! (14-6-1) Angry Bar Flies
            2008 Ice Hockey Champs! (15-2-1-1) Die Another Day

Career Stats:
            Regular Season Games=108 (36 goals, 34 assists, 70 points, 22 penalty minutes)
            Playoff Games=11 (6 goals, 7 assists, 13 points, 0 penalty minutes).

Comment

Originally posted by TicTocDragon View Post
              We have a couple of winners! :lol: I can just imagine the conversation inside the Burger King behind the counter.

The fact that they did something that stupid tells me that they were probably eating some of the pot themselves before they put it on the cops ' burgers!

Comment

How dumb can you get?
                -Jack :geek:
                Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Dude! Can I take a hit off your burger?
                  To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
                    The fact that they did something that stupid tells me that they were probably eating some of the pot themselves before they put it on the cops ' burgers!
                    It was probably a Beavis and Butthead conversation. These guys are stupid for trying.
                    Last edited by Alchimedes; 11-20-2006, 12:13 AM.
                    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Sounds like my kind of burger .

Kidding!

Comment

so sprinkeling is enough...i thought it had to be cooked....stupid thing to do either way.

Comment

In the old days would have loved it!
                          Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                          it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Never order your whopper with extra mustard... it's code man!
                            St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Wonder what they will be serving next in that joint?
                              To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X