Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

How do you react to compliments?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you react to compliments?

It can be a compliment from anyone but mostly from the opposite sex. Do you like the flattery? Do you say Thank you? Do you just smile? Do you say nothing?

I've done a my fair share of compliments to guys. Some say Thank you, some not, or some just get caught off guard and don't know what to say.

You?

Re: How do you react to compliments?

Originally posted by Ginarella View Post
    It can be a compliment from anyone but mostly from the opposite sex. Do you like the flattery? Do you say Thank you? Do you just smile? Do you say nothing?

I've done a my fair share of compliments to guys. Some say Thank you, some not, or some just get caught off guard and don't know what to say.

You?
    I just say thank you.

Comment

I usually reply "I know" and walk away.

Comment

I giggle and blush and attempt to say thanks.
        "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

I send out thank you cards.....:lol:

Comment

Not well.
            People don't compliment me often.

Comment

I sometimes get embarassed. It actually depends on the compliment. Face to face compliments would most likely embarass me more. I am shy, by nature. Sometimes, we get caught off guard, and thank you isn't our first reaction.
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

Its never happend. Thanks for the reminder...

Comment

I just say thanks ...

Comment

I also say Thank you.

Comment

so i have a story....the first day of my new job one of the store managers walks up to me and says "you're pretty" so i said thank you, and then she glared at me and walked away. should i have said sorry? you too? this is what they should have been teaching us in high school!!

Comment

I say thank you...if I know the person well, I will sometimes joke back if I don't agree...

Comment

Smile and say thank you. It the compliment is a good segway to a new conversation, feel free to add something (i.e., "that's a great car" "Thank you. I spent 350 hours restoring it."), but if it is about something physical ("you have a beautiful smile") or if you don't want to talk it up, just smile and say thank you and you're done.
                          Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
                          The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

Originally posted by CutebutClueless View Post
                            so i have a story....the first day of my new job one of the store managers walks up to me and says "you're pretty" so i said thank you, and then she glared at me and walked away. should i have said sorry? you too? this is what they should have been teaching us in high school!!
                            That's freaky. Sounds like she was being sarcastic? I would have said Thank you too even with the glare.

Comment

I don't know if this was aimed at everyone....but, I haven't learned how to take it. I guess I don't believe them. Where I work I get quite a few compliments. One guy who used to work there, commented on my legs all the time, one guy stared at my bottom endlessly, the new guy always says how beautiful I am.....and we have one guest that has been there FOREVER who only calls me "pretty girl". And then, every now and then, you have someone say something or ask for a phone number. I just laugh it off.....I don't really believe them. Esp. the guys I work with. I think they are just picking on me, cause I am married. I just find it hard to believe...I'm shy and don't really have that great of a self esteem.....I just laugh it off.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X