X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Quit!!!!

Any case, thanks for letting me vent.

How about you guys? Let's hear your stories of quitting someplace you hated.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Re: I Quit!!!!

Way to go OB!!

Oh, and by the way, I think I've had one of the alarm conversations with you. You no longer suck, but the alarm companies do!!

Comment

I haven't had the chance of quitting but I would like to know which alarm company you worked for. That's awful to hear about the work you had to do!
      http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
      www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
      http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

That's great!!
        I think you did the right choice!
        Talk about a change in profession. How did you go from the alarm company to this new job?
        Best of luck!
        It sounds great!

I haven't had the chance to yell, "I quit!" but when I do, I plan on jumping in the pond we have here at work inbetween our 3 buildings. Naked? Maybe, depending on the season. I'll just swim around for a while.

Comment

Good luck Oogie!

Just remember, good people always land on their feet. I hope you are able to land on your feet anyways.

Chad

Comment

I actually quit my current job in October.

The big thing was that the current GM didn't do anything. He'd change things around at random, not tell anybody, and then I'd have to deal with the angry customers. He changed the Public Session start time and did not notify the birthday parties of the change, leaving me to deal with the parents who wanted to know why they paid for 1:00 and had to wait until 1:30. Hockey teams would be sold ice time or have it cancelled and nobody would know until the team did or did not show up as expected. I'd get phone calls from other employees when something went wrong because he wasn't answering his phone. Things had started off good, but it seemed as if with every day things went downhill. Turns out that I wasn't the only one tired of the antics and I never actually stopped working the job.

Comment

I worked at an awful electronics store, that I dreading everyday. I only stayed because the money was unreasonably good for what I did. But they treated their employees horrible, and we were to treat the customers the same. A very negative atmosphere.
              Finally, I was told by a manager that a restroom needed cleaning because someone bled all over in their, and the janitor had the day off. I asked were gloves and sanitizer were, nobody knew. I asked if they had any paperwork with me signing off that I had proper knowledge to handle possible blood-born pathogens and how they expected me to do this.
              "Well, your job is to do whatever I say" says the manager. Wonderful.

"I quit".
              "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

YOU GO OOGIE!!!
                Way to get out of a horrible situation!
                Looks like your new job will be better, and I bet you'll get a pay raise in no time
                Good morning, son
                In twenty years from now
                Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                And I can tell you 'bout today
                And how I picked you up and everything changed
                It was pain
                Sunny days and rain
                I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OogieBoogie View Post

Any case, thanks for letting me vent.

How about you guys? Let's hear your stories of quitting someplace you hated.
                  Sounds like you worked for a lot of ignorant ***holes Oogie.

Glad you are happy with your decision. That's all that counts. You need to live your life in happiness and enjoy it while it lasts. There's no point sticking with a job you hate. Glad you put your foot down.

I don't have a quiting story to share though. My manager is pretty nice to us.

Comment

Duuude - you so totally rock!

New job sounds fabulous.

Old job sounds worse than terrible.

So glad you bailed.

Comment

Go Team Oogie!

I hated my last job with the fire of 1000 suns, but my job quit me before I was able to quit it. But that place was making me such a nervous wreck it was honestly a blessing in disguise. They tried to fight me on my unemployment claim but I won out in the end and found a new job less than a month later.

Comment

Closing in on PIXAR...

Good plan!
                        How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
                        :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

congratulations! good for you. i've never quit a job before but i have "left" with very creative excuses. i don't want my future employers to call and hear i quit, lol

Comment

Way to go Oogie!

A guy at my work just quit today. He said "I'm tired of working a job that I hate". So he is leaving a job that pays a lot - but which he hates . . . . Get this . . . To become an extra on movie sets. I'm actually really happy for him. I just wish that I had known in advance so I could buy him a case of Mac and Cheese. Lord knows he's not going to be able to afford to eat. But at least he'll be happy.
                            MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Woot! That took a lot of courage to take that leap and it will pay off, I'm sure of it.
                              Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X