This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California labor law?

Ok so I still work for Disney off season, and there if you are scheduled a 3 hour shift they will pay you for four hours, something about a 4 hour min. Is this just Disney policy or is this california labor law, Im asking cause im starting on an on campus job who plans to give me 3 hour shifts and just pay me for 3 hours, something Im not use to from Disney
    Jeff Wayne

Re: California labor law?

Not as far as I'm aware. If your job at Disney is Union-affiliated it may be a term of the collective bargaining agreement. If not, it might be just Disney policy. My park has a 2-hour minimum pay even if you work less than that.

--nick--
    Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Comment

oh ok, well it wasn't union, but I can see where the bargain agreement would come in. Thank you
      Jeff Wayne

Comment

I think it is Disney policy to schedule you AT LEAST four hours. One of the jobs I had, had me worked only three hours or less.

Comment

In California, if you report for a scheduled shift, you must be paid for at least two hours, even if they send you home sooner than that. It's call "reporting time pay," and it is mandated under the Labor Code.
          Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
          The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

I heard it was something like 2.5 hours min. I had one job where they would schedule people (newbies or if you got into trouble and this was your punishment.) from 11-1:30 and FYI that shift sucked.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X