Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Propping Open a Window

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Propping Open a Window

    My window won't stay open, so until I can get someone out to get it fixed, What can I use to prop it open?
    I don't have any extra pieces of wood.
    Thanks!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...


    sigpic


  • #2
    Re: Propping Open a Window

    A brick. Unless it's on a 2nd story.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Propping Open a Window

      I don't think we have any of those either. I should run outside and look.
      It's the ground floor
      Good morning, son
      In twenty years from now
      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
      And I can tell you 'bout today
      And how I picked you up and everything changed
      It was pain
      Sunny days and rain
      I knew you'd feel the same things...


      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Propping Open a Window

        How about a stack of Harry Potter hardcovers? 1st Editions work good.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Propping Open a Window

          Actually, hard cover books is a GREAT idea! And we have plenty that aren't Harry Potter... 1st ed. or not
          Thanks!
          Good morning, son
          In twenty years from now
          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
          And I can tell you 'bout today
          And how I picked you up and everything changed
          It was pain
          Sunny days and rain
          I knew you'd feel the same things...


          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Propping Open a Window

            How about a nail?
            sigpic

            This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Propping Open a Window

              Originally posted by Druggas View Post
              How about a nail?
              Thanks for the offer but my wife would be furious.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Propping Open a Window

                What did I tell you about these windows!? Always leave them open!!
                "Peter," she asked, trying to speak firmly, "what are your exact feelings to me?"
                "Those of a devoted son, Wendy."
                "I thought so," she said, and went and sat by herself at the extreme end of the room.




                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Propping Open a Window

                  When I saw the title, without seeing who posted, just seeing it was in the boys lounge I thought this was going to be about proping open a window in the potty post...yeah. And I had a response all planned out. Darn.

                  You could like jimmy a broom handle to prop it open. Like prop the broom at an angle and in the window. I've done that a few times.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Propping Open a Window

                    Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
                    When I saw the title, without seeing who posted, just seeing it was in the boys lounge I thought this was going to be about proping open a window in the potty post...yeah. And I had a response all planned out. Darn.

                    You could like jimmy a broom handle to prop it open. Like prop the broom at an angle and in the window. I've done that a few times.
                    Awww! Sorry to disappoint!!
                    Guess I was being sexist when I posted in in the boys forum! )
                    Good morning, son
                    In twenty years from now
                    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                    And I can tell you 'bout today
                    And how I picked you up and everything changed
                    It was pain
                    Sunny days and rain
                    I knew you'd feel the same things...


                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Propping Open a Window

                      My apartment window in Burbank had the same issue. I drilled a hole into the window frame and stuck a small metal rod into it to keep it open. Problem solved!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Propping Open a Window

                        Originally posted by Olympicnut View Post
                        My apartment window in Burbank had the same issue. I drilled a hole into the window frame and stuck a small metal rod into it to keep it open. Problem solved!
                        Also note that if you put your rod in a window, make sure it doesn't slam shut. It'd be tough to sell THAT at a half off sale.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Propping Open a Window

                          You said "put your rod in a window" :evil:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Propping Open a Window

                            Rod can handle it just leave his twin brothers alone. They're nuts!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Propping Open a Window

                              Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                              My window won't stay open, so until I can get someone out to get it fixed, What can I use to prop it open?
                              I don't have any extra pieces of wood.
                              Thanks!
                              Duct Tape, card board.

                              Wedge it with plastic or a dowel.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X